LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASUS UL30/UL80/UL50 260.63 Driver Bundle compiled by NDMr

Namesdontmatter

Hi all. I had this bundle installed in my UL30VT (Asus G210M and Intel card graphics in Hybrid Mode) with Win8 x64 and I kept the Win8 in Test Mode. For some reasons I needed to install Win7 again. OK, I just installed it (x64), and reinstalled this bundle. My question here is: Do I must keep the OS in Test Mode (forever)? What if I go back to Normal Mode (out of Test Mode)? I did'nt try it yet, but I'd prefer if it would be possible. 

Thanks in before hand.

• 3 months later...

Bump for this.. I tried installing everything independent but it didn't work (couldn't switch between graphics cards)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for this.. I tried installing everything independent but it didn't work (couldn't switch between graphics cards)

The user in the the tread linked to from here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/30375-latest-drivers-3xx-on-ul80vt-with-working-optimus/

Says he can use even newer sets - might want to post in the linked thread and try his method

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.. i have the Windows 8.1 now on my Asus UL30VT X1, and the card driver is no longer working. I have tryed the steps you post and nothing change. Any solution to my problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey eveyrone, just wanted to update and say I don't have my asus ul50 anymore ( its still running strong but I gave it to a family member and put the stock drives back on it for them [ because they accidentally tried to install newer nvidia drivers on the win 7 install and it messed everything all up] , upgraded to a asus k55n (and dropped in a a10-5750m :D) until I build my mini-itx gaming/CAD / media box.

I really loved the Ul50 it was a fantastic laptop while I had it, but the driver issues were quite a nuisance

Unfortunately I won't be much help here anymore for technical issues / problems. But I hope you all are able to identify what caused things to stop working in 8.1. 

Oh yes and one more thing, Looks like someone here got  nvidia 320 drivers working with it:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DASUS%2B%2BDriver%2BBundle%2Bcompiled%2Bby%2BNDMr%26safe%3Doff%26espv%3D210%26es_sm%3D93%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D949&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&u=http://asusfans.ru/forum/cat-video/topic-2271-page-31.html&usg=ALkJrhjGOF0_N2xVxBZ5X95hl76ZWU3FqA#post51355

soemthing else they say is that the bios were updated from originally allowing you to manually switch between intel and nvidia via bios, and that option was removed in later bios. That thread has alot of fantastic info in it from our pals in russia, its a little difficult to read, but google translate does a decent job.