Geforce 305.68 - Modded
Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:15 AM
- fixed typos in gui.
- supports all known nvidia devices (mobile and desktop).
- removed some image quality hacks to gain performance for direct X and open GL.
- removed W format tweaks.
- left in direct X Z and blitting optimisations.
- left in openGL image quality tweaks.
- notebook users does not have oem specific tweaks this time round (only modded official verde drivers will have this).
Modded 305.68 vs Official 305.68
- more lightweight (driver package size is smaller).
- desktop and notebook support integrated into one driver file.
- supports every known nvidia devices (mobile and desktop).
- improved image quality - same performance.
- no installation files left on system after installation.
- fixed issue with certain desktop cards not downclocking in 2D mode?
- added unofficial support for Windows 8 - will this install on windows 8?
- added unofficial support for mobile optimus devices.
Optimus users - this may or may not work 100%. Original 305.68 never had Optimus in it. Try it and let me know. If it doesn't work then stick with 304.79 modded.
Notes / Limitations
- drivers are packaged in a frontend that extract files to temp folder which will run setup.
- extracted driver files will auto delete once setup is complete / canceled / after system reboot.
- Phys X is removed to help reduce file size. Latest physX can be downloaded from nvidia's website.
- Nvidia update is removed (in non optimus version)
- driver tweaks does not fix any bugs with the official drivers.
- Driver only supports WIndows Vista x64 / Windows 7 x64 / Windows 8 x64.
- This modded driver will not provide the highest benchmark / 3D mark points but benifits in real games.
Download Link 305.68.3 (non Optimus Graphics Support)
geforce305.68.3.exe - LV2GO Server (145mb)
Download Link 305.68.4c (Optimus Graphics Support)
geforce305.68.4c-modded.exe - Mediafire (147mb)
Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:52 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:35 AM
305.68 - Setup failed. Windows 8 Enterprise RTM:
2 reasons. I tell you..
line in all .inf files:
CatalogFile = NV_DISP.CAT
Second: nv.disp.cat file from original drivers!
WITHOUT THIS NO CHANCES TO INSTALL ON WINDOWS 8. Thanks for attention.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:03 AM
Anyother windows 8 users with this weird problem?
Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:56 AM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:27 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:38 PM
will make the link public
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:39 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:46 PM
BTW i test these releases on my own GTX680.
The drivers has been modded in such a way as notbook and desktop settings dont mix.
However for this driver I would say its more geared towards desktop users given the original 305.68 was released to support the GTX660Ti
Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:06 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:22 PM
I also set texture filerting to 'clamp' by default
and texture filteirng to 'High Quality' by default when you install the driver. (Of course you can change this back to Nvidia's default).
In addition to this I tweaked the level of detail to be the optimum to try and reduce texture shimmering. It helps to have anisotropic filtering on in games for this to work.
If anisotropic filtering is off in games - then I force on trilinear filtering where bilinear filerting would be used instead.
This reduces performance slghtly. However i try and offset this enabling driect x and open gl api optimisations. You can use what ever control panel IQ you like it wouldnt affect what i do to the drivers.
Thats some of it
In the future i plan to make ship the drivers with better SLI support and AA support for games via the nvidia profiles. Basically the drivers will come with custom game profiles.
However I dont have SLI. It would be alot of work to tweak everygame profile as well.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:34 PM
Just wondering..I generally uninstall old version before installing a new driver. Do we have to uninstall old drivers before installing yours?
Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:44 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:56 PM
Yes i would recommend yiu do. You don't have to clean install though i.e boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner
Thank you.I will try this version on my vaio notebook,8400m gt.