Modded 305.68 vs Official 305.68
- more lightweight (driver package size is smaller)
- desktop and notebook support integrated into one driver file
- supports every known nvidia devices (mobile and desktop)
- improved image quality - same performance
- no installation files left on system after installation
- fixed issue with certain desktop cards not downclocking in 2D mode?
- added unofficial support for Windows 8 - will this install on windows 8?
Notes / Limitations
- drivers are packaged in a frontend that extract files to temp folder which will run setup.
- extracted driver files will auto delete once setup is complete / canceled / after system reboot.
- Phys X is removed to help reduce file size. Latest physX can be downloaded from nvidia's website.
- Nvidia update is removed.
- driver tweaks does not fix any bugs with the official drivers.
- Driver only supports WIndows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 x64.
- This modded driver will not provide the highest benchmark / 3D mark points but benifits in real games.
suggestions and feedback:
Geforce 305.68 - Modded
2 replies to this topic
Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:03 AM
Great, Thanks! I'll test it over the weekend on an ancient quadro FX 570m @ win8x64. If it succeeds to install and runs smoothly, then I'll put it on my main rig, with 540m.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:34 AM
might cause frame loss when using with Virtu MVP, will test more with different games.