LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Drivers 326.01 for Windows 8.1 Release Preview available

StefanG3D

NVIDIA Drivers for Windows 8.1 Release Preview Now Available

"NVIDIA released WHQL-certified GeForce drivers today for Windows 8.1 to coincide with the availability of the Windows 8.1 Release Preview from Microsoft.

You can install the new GeForce driver version 326.01 for Windows 8.1 from Windows Update after you install the Release Preview.

NVIDIA has long been committed to working with Microsoft to ensure the best possible Windows experience for GeForce users. Our close working relationship with Microsoft allows us to provide WHQL-certified GeForce drivers via Windows Update on Day 1 for key milestones such as this Release Preview.

It’s a substantial effort that requires hundreds of man years of engineering time and thousands of hours of testing and certification, but it’s essential to ensure optimal performance and stability for the world’s largest gaming and productivity platform.

For more information on Windows 8.1, please visit: http://windows.microsoft.com.

The list of supported GeForce GPUs for Windows 8 can be found here on NVIDIA.com."

Official NVIDIA R326.01 WHQL Windows 8.1 Preview Driver Feedback Thread

Downloads @ NVIDIA:

Desktop GPUs: GeForce 326.01 for Windows 8.1 Preview 32-bit
Desktop GPUs: GeForce 326.01 for Windows 8.1 Preview 64-bit
Notebook GPUs: GeForce 326.01 for Windows 8.1 Preview 32-bit
Notebook GPUs: GeForce 326.01 for Windows 8.1 Preview 64-bit

Direct downloads @ Microsoft for your convenience:

Vista/7/8/8.1 64 bit (15 installer files with OEM dependent SUBSYS_IDs, mobile and desktop)
Vista/7/8/8.1 64 bit (single installer file for desktop GPUs)
Vista/7/8/8.1 64 bit (36 installers with OEM dependent SUBSYS_IDs, for mobile GPUs)

Vista/7/8/8.1 32 bit (15 installers with OEM dependent SUBSYS_IDs, mobile and desktop)
Vista/7/8/8.1 32 bit (single installer for desktop GPUs)

fw32601.png?psid=1

*bump*

driver is now online, deep link above

works fine with Vista

no obvious changes compared to 325.71

You have posted a link to the driver, but I'm not sure if it is for desktop and laptop both. Also I think it must be 64-bit, but you really didn't say.

Cheers Stefan, for keeping us updated, I'll have a mountain of work to do when I get back

Sorry for confusion,

i improved the description and added more links.

If i forget naming 32/64 bit, it's usually 64 bit.

I had trouble trying to find and install this 326.01 driver on Windows 8.1 64-bit. The driver was not available to me via Windows Update.

Finally I found the solution. Someone else who had a GTX 580 said he used the Titan driver from Microsoft Update Catalog and it worked for him. I have a GTX 680, but I decided to try the Titan driver also. It worked!

I grabbed the largest file size Titan driver from Microsoft Update Catalog, extracted it, ran the Setup.exe within that extraction, and chose the Express Install option. Success.....finally.....

EDIT: I had tried the package for the GTX 680 and it didn't work.

After further examination I can see why now. The package for the GTX 680 didn't include a nv_dispi.inf file.

This nv_dispi.inf file in the Titan driver package contains the strings for most of the current desktop cards.

I've added yet 2 more versions above.

After wasting my time NVIDIA decided to host the drivers themselves :P