mobilenvidia

NVIDIA driver v337.88 for Windows 8 64bit

Download Driver | INF Modified | donation.gif

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 337.88
  • Operating System: Windows 8 64bit
  • Driver Date: 2014-05-19 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 260.88MB (MD5: 71a287233016f0fa9744999a39dcf71d)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: true.gif
  • Setup Files Included: true.gif
  • Languages Included: 28
Information Files (58 files supporting 3787 models)

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

donation.gif via paypal.gif if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

LaptopVideo2Go driver thread v2.0.0

Good one, worth trying.

It's a keeper then ?

Seems to be the best so far for my hardware. Nvidia has really done some optimizing with this as all benchmarks are the best I've tested.

INF up

nope, this doesn't work with asus g5jr... sighs

you dont have forget to disable drivers signature ??

try again with the modded inf from laptopvideo2go (nv_dispi.inf) AND ur own modded inf (nvszcni.inf)

your overwrite both inf.

so here's wat i did

1st i downloaded the modded inf from here, and the official drivers from nvidia

2nd  i extracted the driver, made a mod like the other post did and replace the file(nvszci.inf) on the setup folder, and also the modded inf  (nv_dispi.inf)

3rd i started the installation, clicked express install, it runs up until "installing graphic driver" and automatically removed my existing driver, in just moments the installations seems like ended, and pop up the summary of final progress, and it shows on the graphic drivers section "installation failed" and yes i din disable driver signing

ps: i did the installation with and witho the modded  nvszci.inf. both came up with same result. whql problem? can i make it whql approved or do i nid microsoft/nvidia to do that?

and here's the nvszci.inf that i've modded (had to use cloud storage cuz i cant find the attachment button here)

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/CDA88F1910FD41F09F6DB3E6C16B21104

btw i simply copied and paste from the above mentioned post, that might be the problem? i really need to learn this so dat i dun hav to rely on asus, that which they might never update

Edited by terrybear2k

Did you turn off driver signature enforcement ?

This is essential or driver won't install

If no then do a quick google on how to

if yes, then very strange, driver should install

Did you turn off driver signature enforcement ?

This is essential or driver won't install

If no then do a quick google on how to

if yes, then very strange, driver should install

thx alot for the info, it finally worked. it seems like the culprit was the driver signature enforcement. gonna test it wen i get bak home with watchdogs. hope the minor stutters are gone

Hello.

I have a couple of questions.  I recently installed Windows 8.1 on my Vaio aw290.  It has a Nvidia 9600M GT (dev_0649&subsys_9040104D) card in it.

When I was using Windows 7, I really had no problem with the anchient v173 driver.  But with Windows 8.1 it leaves a lot to be desired.  I've been trying several drivers from here and haven't had much success.

Problem #1 - When I try to download the drivers from here I always get a referrer error.  Even though I'm coming from the expected page, the web site thinks I'm not.  I've tried this with several browsers on both Mac and Windows (Safari, Firefox and IE all have the same problem, no matter the platform or ISP for that matter).

To get around that, I pull the drivers (when I can find them) from Nvidia.  I tried this driver (I've also tried 320.18 and 332.83).  Included the modified inf file and when the installer runs it complains that required files are missing and aborts.  Driver signature checking is disabled.

I'm at a total loss and very frustrated trying to get the drivers running on this dumb laptop.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance for your help and time!

Hi, nozero.

The error message is "The required files are missing".  That's all the installer tells me.

I will give that thread a look-see.  I've only copied the provided inf file from this site.  Which changes the error message from "Supported hardware not detected" to "The required files are missing".

Oh - one other thing.  The installer doesn't have a nv_dispi.inf in it.  So I rename it to nv_disp.inf.  Is that proper?  If I just dump nv_dispi.inf into the install directory, nothing happens.  And by that I mean "Supported hardware not detected".

Edited by tom28

Also  make  sure you grab the international version of  the driver,on which the INF is based on.

If you use US version  then the Control panel install part  will fail as it's named differently  (setup can't find it)

Thanks mobilenvidia.

Where do I get the international version that would work with the inf file?  Like I said earlier, I cannot seem to get them from this website because it complains about a referrer error.

Is using the international version the only way to get this going?

Thanks.  I will give 337.50 a try.  I read your steps and frankly, I don't understand a bit about what you're telling me to do in that thread.  It doesn't make any sense.  Sorry.  :(

Thanks, nozero.  But I simply do not understand what those instructions are trying to tell me.

I tried 337.50 and 337.91.  Both with their respective .inf files and the .inf file you provided.  I *DID* make progress.  In that the installer did start copying files to my system.  But after the progress bar got, oh, 3% of the way across it came up with the final installer progress.  All of the extra system stuff was listed as Not Installed.  The video driver was listed as Failed.

Yes, I did.  At least, I think I did.

I did a shutdown /r /o.  Then I hit option 7 if I recall correctly and then the system booted into Windows.  I've since rebooted several times since then.  Is disabling driver enforcement a 1 time per boot kind of thing?  Or once it is off, it is off?

Having some issues with links to the driver.

I've sorted the link above from NVIDIA, you can use this with modded INF

Uploading to our server also, so link via drivers page should also work.