LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA DRIVER 344.24 WITH DYNAMIC SUPER RESOLUTION

Infinity7

NVidia driver 344.24 is out at NVidia downloads. This driver has the option to enable DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) in NVidia Control Panel.

At the moment it is a notebook-only driver, and it is for the 900-series mobile GPUs. It is WHQL for those cards. However, with the use of a modified inf file it can be installed for use with GeForce desktop cards, once you boot up Windows in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode. Even on Windows 10 Preview. It is likely that very soon a desktop version of the driver will be available at NVidia downloads.

64-bit International driver 344.24: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78619/en-uk

Modified inf file for use with 64-bit International (not the English-only) driver 344.24: http://www.mediafire.com/view/3w9193sw1fqy52k/nvamsi.inf

Driver 344.24 is r343_00-234, DriverVer = 09/26/2014, 9.18.13.4424

Driver 344.16 is r343_98-9, DriverVer = 09/18/2014, 9.8.13.4416

Driver 344.11 is r343_98-7, DriverVer = 09/13/2014, 9.18.13.4411

Driver 344.00 is r343_00-200, DriverVer = 09/05/2014, 9.18.13.4400

Driver 340.82 is OG340_52-6, DriverVer = 09/10/2014, 9.18.13.4082

Driver 340.76 is OG340_52-5, DriverVer = 08/26/2014, 9.18.13.4076

Driver 340.72 is r340_00-202, DriverVer = 08/13/2014, 9.18.13.4072

NVidia's release notes state: As part of the NVIDIA Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.

Before downloading this driver:

1.Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).

2.It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.

3.Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology are not supported (NVIDIA Optimus technology is supported).

4.The following Sony VAIO notebooks are included in the Verde notebook program: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not included (please contact Sony for driver support).

5.Fujitsu notebooks are not included (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are included).

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.24 WHQL, allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming experience. This driver is aligned with today’s launch of the world’s most advanced notebook GPUs—the GeForce GTX 980M and GTX 970M. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for the latest new blockbuster titles including Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Evil Within, F1 2014, and Alien: Isolation.

I installed this on Windows 10, for use with my GTX 780 desktop card.

Dynamic Super Resolution has 2 settings, DSR Factors and DSR Smoothness, in the NVidia Control Panel/3D Settings/Manage 3D Settings/Global Settings tab.

It is only in the Global Settings tab. Not in the individual Program Settings tabs.

It's working in the game Call of Duty Ghosts.

Installation is failing for me with a GTX 770 in Windows 10.

I downloaded the driver from this very post, and my device IDs (10DE-1184) are in the modded .inf so I don't know what I may be doing wrong.

I tried manually updating the driver from the device manager, pointing it to the appropriate folder, and it didn't detect an updated driver that way either.

I also tried running the setup as an Administrator.

Any ideas?

Edited by uKER

Installation is failing for me with a GTX 770 in Windows 10.

I downloaded the driver from this very post, and my device IDs (10DE-1184) are in the modded .inf so I don't know what I may be doing wrong.

I tried manually updating the driver from the device manager, pointing it to the appropriate folder, and it didn't detect an updated driver that way either.

I also tried running the setup as an Administrator.

Any ideas?

First go into the Windows Updates menu, into the Change Settings part of it. In the Recommended Updates section on that page make sure you *uncheck* where it says "Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates." If you don't do that, then Windows Updates will keep trying to put back the NVidia driver that it wants to give you.

1) The modified inf file I linked to is only for the International version of the driver. It won't work for the English-USA version of the driver.

2) You must boot up Windows in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode in order to install the driver.

You should not need to use the method of manually installing it from the Device Manager.

Thanks for your reply.

I had just figured it was the driver enforcement.

I skipped Windows 8 so it slipped my mind that this restriction was in place.

BTW, AFAIK this is the first driver which makes GeForce Experience work in Windows 10.

Edited by uKER

I didn't understand at first how the DSR worked. First I had to go into NVidia Control Panel/3D Settings/Global tab and select the DSR options.

Next I had to go into the Call of Duty Ghosts Advanced Video menu, and, instead of keeping the game resolution at 1920 x 1080 like I usually do (my LED TV is 1080p), I bumped that up to a higher resolution inside the Ghosts menu. Those higher resolution choices had not been an option in the game menu before.

Using the DSR, I don't need to use any antialiasing at all to make Ghosts look good. I set AA to off, then choose a higher-than-usual resolution to reduce any game jaggies.