LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Driver 364.72 for Oculus Rift

Infinity7

GeForce driver 364.72 out now at NVidia downloads.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

See this article about the Oculus Rift at GeForce.com: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/oculus-rift-now-available-and-game-ready

GeForce Game Ready Driver

Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Virtual Reality

Virtual reality is here! This Game Ready driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks. Make sure your PC is GeForce GTX VR Ready before stepping into the Rift!

The new driver also brings the latest support and enhancements for the upcoming HTC Vive headset.

Game Ready

Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls III, and Paragon early-access

NB: Optimus doesn't yet switch Vulkan

Also available for Quadro:

This driver is from the 364 driver release branch, and contains new features and functionality, including optimizations for Virtual Reality applications. It has been tested for workstation environments, and is recommended only for those users who need specific features mentioned in the release highlights or release notes.

For the most stable and fully supported enterprise driver please download the Optimal Drivers for Enterprise [ODE] driver.

For workstation application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

New Features

Support for the VulkanTM 3D API.
    Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) support for SLI configurations driving a GSync monitor.
    SLI support for YUV422 at 4k and YUV420 with 12-bpc at any resolution.
    Expanded the list of SLI-certified motherboards and systems for workstation SLI support.
    Power Saving: The driver now puts the GPU in the OFF state, with video memory in self-refresh mode, when the monitor is blanked or inactive.

When I first installed driver 364.72 today, I did a Custom Install Clean Install, and selected all components. At the end of the installation and reboot I had some NVidia dll error message, so I just went past the message and reinstalled 364.72 again on top of itself, by doing a Express Install. After that finished all was fine.

Heaven Benchmark 4 DirectX 11 tests show identical performance for drivers 364.72 and 364.51.

The Call of Duty BO3 game profile looks the same in both of those drivers when examined with NVidia Inspector.

BO3 game performance seems the same.

I see no reason for me to not stay on driver 364.72.
Those who are driver-change-timid don't need to sweat it though.
364.51 works just fine for BO3.

All good with update from 364.51 to 364.72 with modded INF and selecting everything.

Update not clean install

post-43-0-25146900-1459233943_thumb.jpg