LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New Asus gaming laptop ROG GX800 announced

zipper

ROG GX800: The most powerful gaming laptop in the world

GX800 builds on the success of GX700 — the world's first liquid-cooled gaming laptop — to claim the crown of the world’s most-powerful gaming laptop. GX800 is engineered with the latest NVIDIA SLI GPU and Intel K-series CPUs for powerful desktop-like performance, with two 330W power supplies for uncompromising gaming experiences. It also offers upgraded exclusive liquid-cooled docking station to enable extreme overclocking of the CPU, GPU and DRAM. ROG GX800 also features a mechanical keyboard — called MechTAG, or Mechanical Tactile Advanced Gaming — with a solid keystroke action. It is also illuminated by multicolor (RGB) LEDs with key-level customization, and has anti-ghosting technology across the whole keyboard to prevent missed key- presses.

asusGX800.jpg

Is this a laptop ?, liquid cooled and 660w of power supply, my desktop has less, I could put that on my lap.

Still amazing what they can squeeze into tiny spaces

Wonder what it weighs ?

3.9 kg + 4.6 kg cooling dock...

Will the cooling dock keep you cool as well ?

Or you'll break out in a sweat with 8.5kg on your lap

Added picture

What a beast  :eek:

Will the cooling dock keep you cool as well ?

Or you'll break out in a sweat with 8.5kg on your lap

Well, just a little heavier than my first Acer 1714 laptop, 8.0 kg with charger...never on my lap...