LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Intel graphics driver 21.20.16.4589

StefanG3D

There is no OpenCL support on my HD 630 with this driver.

On 1.2.2017 at 0:48 AM, mik said:

There is no OpenCL support on my HD 630 with this driver.

The CPU driver has a lot of new junk in the trunk, which might screw older apps.

Might have been useful if ocl_cpu_readme.txt wasn't in chinese...

Happens also with older drivers, the only driver with OpenCL support for me is Build 4551. Same issue that Vulkan isn't working in those drivers. With my HD 530 all drivers worked, so it must be HD 630 specific. Maybe in combination with other things.

Edited by mik

This is solved now, for those who are interested in it: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/opencl/topic/710268

This driver is interesting because it is clearly different to let's say 21.20.16.4551. There are performance increases in couple of benchmarks I've tried on HD 630. For example Manhattan offscreen jumped from 78 fps to 88 fps. ComputeShader DX11 Raytracing from 75 fps to 83 fps.

Edited by mik

New is also StandardSwizzle64KBSupported for DX12 and 238 instead 232 OpenGL extensions, compared to 21.20.16.4590. Maybe 21.16.4589 belongs to a different driver branch, GPUz reports Beta driver.

Maybe that's the reason why they didn't release a HD 630 driver yet, who knows. Otherwise they could release a driver easily, they just have to make sure it is supported in the inf. And it's bizarre that they need that long, desktop Kabylake didn't came out of a sudden for Intel, you would expect there was enough time to prepare drivers for it.

This driver is a beta driver from a new branch with performance improvements and new features, looks like someone pushed it out too early.