• Fixed crash in Minecraft and some other Java-based titles
  • Resolved 'Debug Mode' as default option on Pascal based GPUs 

Links to drivers found on: NVidia Customer Support Page

Driver 378.57 is r378_48-4, dated 1/30/2017
Driver 378.49 is r378_48-2, dated 1/20/2017
Driver 376.71 is VK375_17-24, dated 1/20/2017
Driver 376.66 is VK375_17-21, dated 01/10/2017
Driver 376.62 is r375_00-229, dated 01/10/2017

Hi.  So, I'm pretty sure I understand the problem and the solution is your modded inf, but which driver do I choose from your forum to match my Window 7 pro Geforce 8400m gs adapter?   I've tried a number of them with their corresponding infs inserted appropriately, but still not installing.  Either error is  "this driver does not support your version of windows", or my adapter is not listed.  I'm using  "have disk" install method.

Thanks.  I appreciate your help.

Modded INF is for Win10x64

More mods are needed to make it work for WIn7

OK.  I found an archived driver (364.72) that has the inf for win 7 64, but it doesn't have my gpu listed.  I picked the driver that was closest, but it's error said "driver does not support this version of windows".

6 hours ago, GarbageDonut said:

... but which driver do I choose from your forum to match my Window 7 pro Geforce 8400m gs adapter?  

Your legacy GPU requires a R340 driver

Check out EOL Windows driver support for legacy products

Got it!  You guys are Awesome! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, sorry for the inconvinience. I've an Asus N76vz with the GT650M. I'm trying to upgrade my gpu drivers from 359 to the 378 but when i finish the installation and try to go to the definitions of the gpu i keep seeing the following message: You are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU. I emailed the asus support but they say that they have not any updated drivers for my laptop running in windows 10. What can i do to get updated drivers in order to be able to play some of the latest games? Is there any tweak for any of the latest drivers that make possible to run it on my asus with win 10? 

Best Regards

20 minutes ago, Lula20 said:

Hello guys, sorry for the inconvinience. I've an Asus N76vz with the GT650M. I'm trying to upgrade my gpu drivers from 359 to the 378 but when i finish the installation and try to go to the definitions of the gpu i keep seeing the following message: You are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU.

I had this message the other day, when i disabled Intel IGP for some tests.

Try to install latest  Ivybridge driver before GeForce driver.

On 15/02/2017 at 0:00 AM, StefanG3D said:

I had this message the other day, when i disabled Intel IGP for some tests.

Try to install latest  Ivybridge driver before GeForce driver.

Hi Stefan, 

I've tried what you said but i didn't have any results. I keep seeing the same message and the performance on the games is really bad. I think that the drivers are not prepared to recognize the nvidia gt 650m and the laptot keep choosing the intel HD instead the Nvidia GPU. Because in the installed devices the Nvidia Gpu is on and ok, on the Nvidia experience i can launch the games with the nvidia configuration, but when i try to access the config menu of nvidia gpu i keep seeing the same message and if i connect the HDMI to an external monitor the laptop simply doesn't work, everything goes dark.. 
I was wondering if there is any solution because if i downgrade to the 359 drivers everything goes right but when i update to other latest driver everything goes wrong. 

What is your Intel driver version? I suppose this is the latest for 3rd gen devices; I suppose you do have 3610/3630QM

(I do have it on my 3630QM Intel HD4000)