Here's a note for Toshiba A70/75 models, though this behaviour/issue can easily be applied/noticed on any other non-Toshiba Laptops too, if they have not built in an Intel chipset:
Chipset portion of the Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (HTT) utility fails on the Satellite A70 / A75.
The Satellite A70 / A75 has a non-Intel chipset, so it doesn't meet the requirements of the Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Utility. The Satellite A70 / A75 does not display the Intel Hyper-Threading Technology logo.
The requirements of the utility are as follows:
- An Intel processor which supports HT technology.
- 533 MHz system bus: 3.33 GHz, 3.20 GHz, 3.06 GHz, 2.80 GHz, 2.66 GHz
- 800 MHz system bus: 3.60 GHz, 3.40 GHz, 3.20 GHz, 3.0 GHz, 2.80 GHz
- An Intel chipset which supports HT technology, for example: Intel 852GME, Intel 852PM
- A BIOS which supports HT Technology and has it enabled
- An OS which supports HT Technology:
- Microsoft Windows XP (all versions)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (all versions)
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows 98 SE
- More information on the requirements of this utility can be found at http://www.intel.com...eading_more.htm