LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fix for Toshiba Users with Black Bar

Teraphy

Well there is nothing wrong with the INF error wise. The override looks good as well. Typical BIOS so I should not think that this is a wild error there.

But to be safe attached is a batch file that will create two text files

key_edids.txt & key_video.txt

If you could run it and post the files please I'll see if there is any indication of issues.

I take it you have tried thoroughly uninstalling? Have you attempted the 61.76 attached to the beginning of this thread? Just to narrow things down a bit.

export_keys.bat

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teraphy

• ®®®

• Craig Corp

• ministeve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would do this:

Extract the desired drivers

Overwrite the INF with the modded version

Uninstall

Reboot

Install new version

Sometimes after an uninstall Windows will attempt to install drivers. Wait until after it has done so because you will just interfere with that auto-install.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest glaider

Hello!

I need help.

I have Toshiba 1415-s173 GeForce4 420 Go

BIOS 4.17.00.41.C7

Prompt what driver it is possible to set from the last what to avoid problems with a black bar and to get permission 1024x768. :)

I badly know English, therefore if not difficultly describe that to operation step by step :)

What driver you will recommend to set and what ini file to use

Beforehand thank you

Guest nvgf440

Hey, I need some help, whenever I try to install a driver that predates SP2 I get the black bar. Let me explain, when Windows starts...no problem, it starts in its native res of 1280x800 (Widescreen) just fine. Now if I put the computer into standby, or play a game, or do anything to require a change of resolution...black bar. When I close the game or hit escape to change it back to 1280x800, I guess it does, but I still have he black bar. I would install later drivers, but the 66 series has a glitch that resets my chosen aspect ratio on every restart. The 61-65 series does not have this, so I want to install one of these...the problem is that all of these predates SP2, and I dont know what to enable or disable in the registry and whatnot, so any help you could provide would be great. Thanks a lot!

BTW, I have an HP Pavilion zv5000 with an AMD 64, a GeForce4 440 Go 64Mb, and a 15.4 inch widescreen display.

nvgf440: Attached is a batch file to run which exports the keys needed for the fix. Please run it and attach the created text file.

glaider: Any of the 6X.XX drivers is possible with the enhanced-modified INF generated from : http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

export_keys.bat

Guest nvgf440

Here you go Teraphy, this is both files that the .bat file extracted running on version 65.73 drivers with the untweaked inf. So just tell me what to do to fix it. And I'm not sure I can use the blackbar fixer because my native maximum resolution is 1280x800 (Widescreen), and I didn't see that on the fix. But anyways thanks a lot!

keys_from_bat_file.zip

glaider: The key is located in the following registry section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\ {GUID} \ OverrideEdidFlagsX

You can delete or edid that one. Where X = 0-3.

nvgf440: Thanks. Yeah, I never collected any data for the widescreen so it isn't added. No clue if it will work as the Override key is a bit dodgy sometimes.

--

nvgf440: Have you ever had a working display? Off hand I'm just seeing either bad or good data, not both.

It was all good data...

Guest nvgf440

Well heres what happens, when I install a 60-65 series driver, the initial widescreen display (1280x800) works. When I try to switch to 1024x768 for any reason (gaming or whatever etc), the screen goes black...it stays black for 15 seconds, or until I hit escape, then it switches back to 1280x800 (Widescreen) but this time WITH the black bar. So I dunno why it does this. :)

From the registry I see no bar issues.

Guest GameWell

Hi I have got a Toshiba Satelite 1410 Laptop(Intel Celeron 1.5G, Geforce 4 Go 420(TOSHIBA) 16MB Bios 4.17.00.41.C7 , 14'inch Toshiba Internal 1024x768 Panel).

I have tried 52.16(9.6Inf), 61.80(30.25Inf) , 61.76 blank bar fix, all of them do not work. The 28.46 driver was installed originally, but I am using the 45.91 WHQL with no blank bar which is from Microsoft Update site. Would you please help me modify a 6x.xx driver. Thanks a lot!

Here is my keys from bat.

files.zip

GameWell, if you add this line it might work:

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags2, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,02,03,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,36,12,64,19,00,40,41,00,26,30,18,88,36,00,1E
D7,10,00,00,18

Guest GameWell

The code doesn't help, I have installed 52.16 and 61.80 driver, both of them still give me 969x768 instead of 1024x768. The blank bar is about 55x768 big on the right hand side :P .

No blank bar if I use dualview, this is the progress :) . But I will get the Blank bar after changing the resolution. you know different game has different video settings, I need to switch to dualview mode every single time, this is very annoying. :)

My current 45.91 WHQL driver has a very simple inf, but I only have very little knowledge about the code. I hope Teraphy or other expert can help.

Thanks!

oem29.inf

Hi there,

my NB is a Toshiba 2410-404 with 1024-Pix-Display and BIOS 4.17.00.41.C7.

Driiver should be 66.93. Using WinXP SP2.

I used the PHP-Tool for .inf-creating and uninstalled/installed the drivers in all ways I could imagine :P ... only thing I got is a 969-screen! :)

What the hell am I doing wrong!?

My Sysinfos are attached...

Pleeeaaaase help! :)

Greets,

RDK

edids.zip

Edited by ®®®

Teraphy, BIOS v4.17.00.41.C7 [it's a 420Go-only-BIOS (DEV_ID 0175)] seems to be really wrong!?

or was it the driver itself who failed to read out the correct EDID from the BIOS? I forgot :)

//mann, da sind 18 Monitore installiert ! Du hast wohl ne Treiber Installations-Odyssey hinter Dir :)

Edited by ®®®

Correct, the BIOS contains the bad information. 52.16 and older pulled up good information somehow.

There is nothing out of the ordinary, RDK. If you ran the batch file AFTER attemping to install the Black Bar fix then it did not take as the information for the fix is not found in your registry.

Guest gamewell

Teraphy, I am still trying to get the any of 50 and 60series drivers working on my laptop. The 28.46, 40.72, 45.91 and 47.21 are working without blank bar, and they are all associated with a correct monitor driver (Toshiba Internal 1024x768 Panel). The other blank bar drivers change monitor driver to Default Monitor after installing.

Do you think incorrect monitor driver can cause the blank bar problem?

member ............ | SDEVSVEN/REV | VRAM | VBIOSOEM | VBIOSdate | ~~~~~~~~~ | MEM | CORE|

Laptop model ...... | .resolution. | size | LCD_HWID | Display internal name | ~~~ | ~~~ |

Laptop SBIOSdate .. | SBIOSdate misc ............... | SBIOSver. | ~~~~~~~~~ | ~~~ | ~~~ |

********************************************************************************

ministeve ......... | 00011179/A2/3| 32MB | REV 199  | 03-JUN-02 | ~~~~~~~~~ | ??? | ??? |

TS Sat. SP6100 .... | ..1024x768.. | 15,0"| TOS5082  | TS int 1024x768 Panel | ~~~ | ~~~ |

25-JUL-03 ......... | ?????????????????????????????? | v1.90     | ~~~~~~~~~ | ~~~ | ~~~ |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GameWell .......... | 00011179/??. | 16MB | REV ???  | 03-JUN-02 | ~~~~~~~~~ | ??? | ??? |

TS Sat. 1410-??? .. | ..1024x768.. | 14,0"| TOS????  | TS int. ????x???? Pnl | ~~~ | ~~~ |

09-JAN-03 ......... | TOSHIB - 970814 v1.40          | v1.40     | ~~~~~~~~~ | ~~~ | ~~~ |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is your Panel ID the same as Ministeve's? You wrote Toshiba internal 1024x768 Panel. So it would be same!? Then why isn't the BlackBar fix not correcting the readout of the EDID on your Laptop? There must be something else wrong maybe......

I just saw it the Panel size is different :) Have you selected the right Panel Size at the BlackBar fixer OPHP page ?

Guest gamewell

Great, I got all new drivers working on my laptop! :) The problem was I have installed different drivers many times, but I didn't uninstall them probably. For example, I can't even access some relevant driver folder in registry, like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak to enable the overclocking.

After installing a new windows xp, use the BlackBar fixer, no BlackBar with 71.20.

Thanks to everyone here!

:)