LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Satellite 5000, 5100, 5105, 5200, 5205, 1950; DYNABOOK G7 & G8

®®®

Hopefully a non-Toshiba owner can install and test it and report if it works. That would be truly great for all of us Laptop Owners, especially the ones with lesser quality speakers and output, which is the majority.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• smax

• gmaust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops, when I tried to start a new topic, error occured.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum.

You can start a thread, with my descriptions above. Don't care about credit, we are simply sharing things! You guys have done a lot for us! All credits should go to you guys! :)

VERY nice find on that Toshiba Virtual Sound program. Does anyone know what this Toshiba Mic Effect tool does at all?

Thank you for trying.

Do you have any idea, how can I find, where the problem is?

David

6.13.10.3157 is a generic driver from Yamaha and is not Microsoft WHQL certified. Toshiba might have modified AC-XG's software and hardware during production so that the generic driver cannot handle certain things.

Try downgrading your driver to 6.13.10.3154, the latest (final) Toshiba one, which is digitally signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher and supposed to be the most appropriate and stable driver.

It can be found here: Toshiba Technical Support.

Hope it works out.

Indeed yes, that's worth a try. I just checked again the 3157 and your're correct it's not WHQL, though working properly here.

Guest faca9

It seems like a problem with drivers...

I have uninstalled Yamaha drivers and reinstall them, and the problem has gone :)

Thank you for suggestions,

David

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the new power saver utility, and I don't think I ever had an issue with the brightness bug before, but when switching over to the battery it uses the correct screen brightness. I'm not sure if it fixed the brightness bug, but it may have.

Unfortunatelly, the bug is still there but I found that if you set Full Power brightness level to 7 or lower, it will correctly set the brightness whatever you want when unplugged, but if you set Full Power brightness to 8, it always sets the brightness to level 4. :)

That seems not THIS difficult to fix (Toshiba: :) )

That seems not THIS difficult to fix (Toshiba)
Yeah but I guess they wouldn't care saying new Power Saver (v7) is not supposed to work at our laptops :) Anyway I was also having some problems with v6. SpeedStep was not working right in some occasions (setting low but still high frequency) but v7 fixes that.
I just installed the new power saver utility, and I don't think I ever had an issue with the brightness bug before, but when switching over to the battery it uses the correct screen brightness. I'm not sure if it fixed the brightness bug, but it may have.

So you don't have unplug-brightness bug? Hmm, can it be something related to your Toshiba Utilities (and that little FN brightness settings application)? Would you mind sending your brightness utility? Thanks.

Also Toshiba Bluetooth Stack v3.20.00 is released;

Changes of Bluetooth Stack 3.10.00 -> 3.20.00:

- Enhanced AutoSetup Wizard

- Minor Bugfixing

Oh, sorry... I didn't have my battery brightness set to 8... the bug's still there.

Maybe it's a Toshiba Hotkey Utility bug.... So here's a a new version released today:

Title: Toshiba Hotkey Utility for Windows XP

Version: 1.3.9

Size: 6,381,712 bytes

Posted: 03/29/05

Released Date: 03/29/05

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP SP2

Description: Provides system Fn hotkey support (Instant Security, LCD brightness , Display Switch etc.) on applicable models. This software is a foundation for other Toshiba-provided utilities, and must be installed prior to installing other Toshiba Software.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...l15thotkeyx.exe

Can't download. 6MB tooo big (only 33MB per day allowed for me, 1GB limit/then pay)

Unfortunately it didn't work. Anyway I guess it's not releated to hotkey utility. I killed its process but behaviour of TPS was same. Like I stated before setting level 7 for Full Power profile fixes it ... I'm playing around to see if I can find a workaround.

Like I stated before setting level 7 for Full Power profile fixes it
:) Must have missed this hint

:) for the hint again

I guess you all use Winamp for displaying song text in cPax/cPad. Anyone else here with a different MediaPlayer where it works?

I tried several stuff but none worked except setting full power profile or the profile that power saver switches when ac adaptor is plugged off to use brightness less than 8.

Here is the settings file I'm currently using.

cPax uses Winamp api to retrive and control Winamp so any other programs should be compatible with those. cPax looks for window handle named 'Winamp v1.x'.

I jsut downloaded the new DMI update and burned it to a disk. When I booted it up, a menu came up asking about what model you wanted to set the DMI strings for, and my laptop (5205-s119) was not on the list. The only thing that showed was the 5205-s705. Would it be okay to use this on my laptop? I'm just not sure if this would really screw up my computer or not.

I haven't used it yet because DMI strings haven't caused me any problem so far. If you want to apply the utility, I suggest you back up your original DMI settings first using DMICFG's Save DMI function. So if something goes wrong, you will be able to restore it.

DMICFG.exe can only be run in DOS real-mode.

DMICFG.zip

well, I ran it and so far no problems.

The only thing i can imagine for you is that the DMI information is displayed 'wrong', for example you could run AIDA32/Everest and if you have now choosen 5205-s705 instead of 5205-s119 it will now show 5205-s705 in the DMI section of AIDA or any other program that is able to read it out (CrystalDMI :) ).

Though there might arise problems if a new BIOS update is relased for the s119 and if it checks for the DMI string and you have s705, then it will not allow you to update as it the check for the correct machine failed.

latest BIOS update: v1.50 | 11-JAN-2005, download HERE

I wonder if it will work and if I should try this on European models (5200-902).Do you have any ideas?

Edit: Notice it refers to EU models in info;

Version 1.40 05-19-2003

Made a change to support the Satellite 5200 wireless LAN (802.11a/b combo) model.

Edited by sn0wl

Through a lot of research we found out that sometimes the VideoBIOS is included in the System BIOS @ some Laptops.

This is true for example for my model and *probably* also for the European model of the 520x series. sn0wl, as you have Go5600 i would not recommend it for obvious reasons.

I wonder why TS Europe have not updated BIOS for the european models yet !!?

Europe has always been slow on drivers. I remember downloading bluetooth stack from American site and much later arriving to EU site. Weird...

Anyway thanks, I guess I shouldn't risk it now and wait for EU version, they will hopefuly have it sometime.

Edit: Notice it refers to EU models in info;

Version 1.40 05-19-2003

Made a change to support the Satellite 5200 wireless LAN (802.11a/b combo) model.

Good catch!! My brain didn't realized that :)

Now i also wonder how they managed to implement VideoBIOS for 460Go (s703 is the only model with 460Go) AND 440Go (all other 5205 models) in one BIOS file. That's strange :)

New mysteriums in the mobile world everyday :P