LaptopVideo2Go Forums

fix for Quadro4 700 problem with new drivers

tentonine

I have a Samsung screen and it is not detected properly by any 66.xx or later driver (it is detected as UXGA and the picture is always stretched off the screen). I know that this applies to at least one other person with a Samsung SXGA+ screen. The EDID fix for Toshiba computers also works for me. However, the correct EDID setting for my screen is slightly different and it only seems to be necessary to have one override setting in the .inf, not two or three as with the Toshibas. The only entry that needs to be added is:

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,00,00,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,36,12,30,2A,78,20,51,1A,10,40,30,70,13,00,31

E4,10,00,00,18

Good posting! :) :)

I still do not know why people only get a SXGA+ when you can get the Ultrasharp UXGA though. It PWNS all other laptop screens pretty much....

Welcome tentoine, it's great to have you here. I 'heard' positive stories about you beeing active in the DELL forums and doing great support work there :) . Hopefully we read more from you in the future here at nvision forums and you supply us with more fantastic fixes :) -> :P .

:(

Can't test it, so it would be great if people report a success in getting rid of the wrong detected LCD panel size.

Should be candidate for the FAQ then.

Well done tentonine :) , I don't have much time to visit the Dell forums anymore :)

But it's good to see you again, keep up the good work.

Good posting! :)   :)

I still do not know why people only get a SXGA+ when you can get the Ultrasharp UXGA though. It PWNS all other laptop screens pretty much....

It's because UltraSharp is only the resolution of the screen. Dell has different screens called the UltraSharp 15" UXGA 1600x1200 display. There is the one made by Sharp, and others made by IBM, Toshiba and Samsung. The Sharp seems to be the best one. Look on your packing list for the part number of your display. The Samsung one will only do SXGA+ with modified drivers or drivers after a certain version. Having a UltraSharp doesn't tell us anything because you can have one of 4-5 different screens.

Jus for reference, here is the screens the 8200 uses that is known as 15" UXGA UltraSharp. The machine Dell shipped me that FedEx lost had the 2R290 Samsung. All of my machines have the 9H753 SHARP "UltraSharp" Display. Advanced Server is the actual name for UltraSharp.

LCD Displays

9H753 LCD, UXGA, Standard Panels Working Group, Advanced Server, 15", SHARP

0K640 MOD, LCD, VAS, I8200, 15" UXGA, SHARP

2R290 LCD, UXGA, Standard Panels Working Group, BMRDASV, 15", Samsung

6J078 Module, LCD, I8200, 15", Advanced Server, UXGA, V2

As to why I didn't get Ultrasharp UXGA, I had a small budget at the time and there was a £200 (nearly US$400) price difference and I thought that I would be better off with more RAM and a bigger hard drive.

I have noticed something else that might be useful. Previously, some people have not been able to find out which manufacturer/model number their screen is easily without taking their computer apart and having a look at the sticker on the back - at least, this is the only method I have come across in the Dell forums. I don't know if anyone has come across this on this forum before, but I have just seen that, if you expand

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY\(your screen type)\(currently active ID code)\Device Parameters

then right-click EDID, choose modify and scroll down, you will see in the right hand column the model number of your LCD (LTN150P2L03 in my case). I suppose that might be useful for anyone wanting to upgrade their graphics card when the new card only works with certain types of screen. This only works for drivers and graphics cards that correctly identify your screen, not drivers/cards that think it is an NVD****. I have had a look at an Inspiron 8000 with a Geforce2 Go, but that seems to detect the screen as NVD**** with all drivers, although they do all work fine. Perhaps someone else could confirm if this works with their card as well?

One other thing, has anyone heard of any graphics corruption with a Geforce 2 and 66.xx or later drivers? I have a desktop with a 32mb Geforce 2 MX and I don't use it for games, but the 3D Windows XP ScreenSaver from Microsoft does not display properly with these drivers, not that I mind very much, as I have just gone back to older drivers for this computer.

Nice job, tentonine. Correct one line is all that is needed. Toshiba users seem to be have the issue of various display numbers used by NVD thus the multiple lines :)

As for the EDID, some drivers correctly identify the display and it will stick in the registry at that location. If not identified correctly the BIOS has to setup the EDID using NVDXXXX's format.

More problems seem to arise with the NVD EDID than the original. With my 8100 and 2Go combo I never saw the actual EDID until I did some tinkering and found a program (I forget what program found it).

Thanks for the info tentonine!

I guess my question really did have a use. (you replying with usefull info)

My screen is not correctly detected with these drivers though, so I can't post what I have (it says NVD****).

Thank You! :)

Thank you very much for the informational post tentonine! It would seem to me that you have got this sucker squashed once and for all! :)

• 6 months later...
Guest nickelby

Greetings all,

First and foremost, I would like to render my million thanks to tentonine for a superb fix which finally made my desktop appear right again on my Dell Inspiron 8200 1400x1050 screen (which is running a Quadro4 700 GoGL by the way) :( .

I managed to get this fix done on Windows which means basically I got a perfect desktop screen on my Windows box :P .

However, the BIG problem is that I have a Linux system to do my daily security audits for my clients. On Linux, the same problem again appears. The screen is basically stretched so as to say I can't even see my 'Start' button in Linux :)

I have tried searching in the Linux forums, SuSE forums, Dell forums but none of them had a post to this problem. I might be wrong so please bear with me :( .

I am hoping that anyone here, tentonine included is able to help me on this matter as I am at loose ends.

Hoping for someone to reply very soon,

Nickelby :)

• 8 months later...
It's because UltraSharp is only the resolution of the screen. Dell has different screens called the UltraSharp 15" UXGA 1600x1200 display. There is the one made by Sharp, and others made by IBM, Toshiba and Samsung. The Sharp seems to be the best one. Look on your packing list for the part number of your display. The Samsung one will only do SXGA+ with modified drivers or drivers after a certain version. Having a UltraSharp doesn't tell us anything because you can have one of 4-5 different screens.

Jus for reference, here is the screens the 8200 uses that is known as 15" UXGA UltraSharp. The machine Dell shipped me that FedEx lost had the 2R290 Samsung. All of my machines have the 9H753 SHARP "UltraSharp" Display. Advanced Server is the actual name for UltraSharp.

LCD Displays

2R290 LCD, UXGA, Standard Panels Working Group, BMRDASV, 15", Samsung

6J078 Module, LCD, I8200, 15", Advanced Server, UXGA, V2

My system has a different display than you have listed,it's got the following:

1P941-SUBASSEMBLY,LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY,THIN FILM TRANSISTOR,ADVANCED SERVER,ULTRA EXTENDED GRAPHICS ARRAY,SHARP

Is this one of the good UltraSharp LCD's? I'm assuming it is since it's the clearest, cleanest LCD display I've ever laid eyes on. If it matters any-this machine originally had a Quadro4 500 NV17 card in it,and I upgraded to the Quadro4 700 NV28.

I'm having issues with the newer drivers,and I'm gonna try to remove that line from the inf and and see what happens.

JL

OK,tried editing that line in the inf, and no go-it's still screwed up.

Here's another thread I started with the complete Nerd report:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....913entry28913

JL

My system has a different display than you have listed,it's got the following:

1P941-SUBASSEMBLY,LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY,THIN FILM TRANSISTOR,ADVANCED SERVER,ULTRA EXTENDED GRAPHICS ARRAY,SHARP

Is this one of the good UltraSharp LCD's? I'm assuming it is since it's the clearest, cleanest LCD display I've ever laid eyes on. If it matters any-this machine originally had a Quadro4 500 NV17 card in it,and I upgraded to the Quadro4 700 NV28.

I'm having issues with the newer drivers,and I'm gonna try to remove that line from the inf and and see what happens.

JL

The 1P941 and the following should be the same screen...

The 1P941 and the following should be the same screen...

I actually had the LCD plastics apart replacing a scuffed outer cover this weekend,and it is in fact a Sharp LCD. But,it will not function properly with any driver but the OE 42.57 Dell driver. Makes no sense at all to me.

JL

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Nokia the number one brand mobile phones i am using this mobiles since 5 years these have long durability...i use Nokia 6070....The triband Nokia 6070 offers excellent usability with its large color display and clear keypad layout. Voice communication features include push to talk, voice recorder and an integrated handsfree speaker. Messaging features include SMS, MMS, Nokia Xpress audio messaging, email and instant messaging.

========================

rosy

california dui