LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Requesting volunteers to update BIOS section

®®®

Hi, if anyone is interested in picking out a certain Laptop OEM (even the not yet listed ones) and search their support site or FTP on a regular basis once a week / every 2 weeks / once a month for BIOS updates, give us a hint.

Especially important is DELL, SONY, TOSHIBA (Canadian, European, Asian, Australia models), ASUS and other big players.

Toshiba USA is covered by me and some other OEMs too, but we're always interested in support here, too.

Don't hesitate, there's enough work to do for everybody :)

Edited by ®®®

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to uroscar we have covered ACER mobile BIOS releases.

To warm up this topic again:

Is there anyone else who want to help out here? For example HP/COMPAQ.

Well as an Acer laptop user, uroscar beat me to it, but I would be happy to to do the HP/Compaq ones for you if you like.

I would also be happy to add to a general driver update page as well, if you want to get into that sort of updates. I grabbed a new Realtek gigabit driver, dated late March, which I haven't seen posted anywhere else, so I'm sure other users would like that info as well?

Posting misc./general driver updates is something we wanted to do for a long time. If we figure out how to realize it, it would be great if you help us out here.

Do you have any idea, how a 'general driver update page' could be done? Best for us is everything is done in the forum, as we don't have the time to maintain HTML pages. Forum posts are easy to edit/update etc.

Yeah, i think sticking to the forum is easiest way to do things. I guess breaking down the main forum branch into sub categories should work ok? Similar to the Video Bios page you have done?

Clearly video is in its own area, but could also do

Chipset - VIA/Intel/???

Network Adapters - Realtek/3Com/???

Audio - Creative/VIA/???

Those would be the big 3, with the most changes. Others like Mice, Printers, Storage, wouldn't be updated *that* often I would think, but can be plonked in an 'Misc' area, until the prove to be a big enough group. Wireless card drivers may be an important group, but I have never found any updates to my card (an Acer card of which I can't find its chipset maker..).

I know there are a few other sites that do driver updates, but they don't always catch everything. I've grabbed both a VIA audio update and Realtek network drivers both before I have seen them on another site but this was purely luck and happened to look at the right time (and I tend to scan quite a few several times a day.).

Maybe could also do a 64 bit section? With XP64 due fairly soon, I know my laptop will be switching to XP64 (although I don't think to many of us have 64 bit laptops).

Hi,

I just recieved your mail RRR,

I am already searching for updates for my laptop for a while, and mostly once a week I watch every site that has drivers for my laptop (including the MEDION site,...) for new drivers.

As I know MEDION almost NEVER makes new updates for their laptops. Since I have my laptop they only did one update, and it was a BIOS update.

I searched (and tested) all other drivers that I could find from their original pages (from the Realtek LAN etc.).

If you want I will post them here.

I was already busy with putting up a page where all the drivers I have, that are tested and working good.

I will let you know when I have the page done (I wanted to do that some weeks now, because I know some people who have the same laptop as mine and also wanted newer updates).

mobile Driver section will come later, for now we need a MEDION expert for researching and adding MEDION BIOS updates.

Btw i found out that the link to the TV-Out fix in your signature is wrong. Use instead this one: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....indpost&p=12364

Also waiting for your MEDION driver update page. Maybe you can also make a comprehensive post in the Forum.

OK, thx, I hadn't noticed yet that the link of the tv-out fix was to the latest post!

Thx for that :)

If you guys like that I will make a comprehensive post here in the forum!

I think today, I'm going to work a bit at the driver update page! :)

I will post the site later when I'm done with it!

Greetz

The page is almost done. I only have to add the download links, and upload the drivers to my server!

You can find it here:

http://users.skynet.be/jeroen/Drivers/

I will make a .TK domain or something later!

PS: I also saw that the bandwidth limit is exceeded of the server my 71.84 driver was on. I will upload it later to my server that came with my internet connection!

I think everything will be done in some days!

BTW: if you find any mistakes or something int the page let me know!

greetz,

jeroen

This looks great.

Here are some typos i found:

All the drivers on this page are tested by me (and sometimes other people too). If they're not tested yet, it will be mentioned with the driver!

Hopefully you find here what you need!

I found www.laptopvideo2go.cm :) I downloaded a newer driver there, ..... you can always visit the www.laptopvideo2go.cm site

:) OK, thx

I've changed those mistakes!

If there are some gramatical mistakes or something in it, sorry for that, but the language I talk is dutch, and I almost never use english here (only on forums lik this etc.) :)

Greetz,

jeroen

ps: i think the most drivers will be online (or the links will be on the page) tomorow!

Here's a link for the Synaptics driver: http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/synaptic..._v7.12.7_ml.exe

It's the original Synaptics MultiLanguage one, only difference is i repacked it to a smaller size. Only ~3,6MB.

Thx for the link,

It is almost 2MB smaller than the original one!!

I've added some links, but there not all on it now. The video drivers will take some time to add! But they will be online before the end of the week!

All driver links are uploaded yet!

You can download every driver I have there yet (except for the Card Reader, because I'm searching for this one at the moment!)

The only file that isn't there is the most important and is the video driver!

It seems that the webhost where the driver is on (freewebtown or something) is offline the most of the time!

If you need it, try the link in my signature, if it isn't working, you will need to retry at a later time, or wait until I have uploaded it on another (or my providor's) webspace!

greetz,

Jeroen

• 1 month later...

Jeroen, Medion USA seems to have updated their website. Here's a link which should make search for BIOS releases (for now only USA/Canada) more easier.

http://support.medionusa.com/download/inde...type=0&catid=1#

Interest?

Woaw thx!

That's much easier, but as I can see, the models (and/or model numbers) in the USA/Canada are different as they are in Europe! Like mine (41300 isn't listed at that page) I think they make different notebooks (and other MEDION stuff) at the different continets.

Hopelly they update the European pages soon too!

It doesn't seem that they will copy the Website style elsewhere. Every MEDION page wordlwide is the same, EXCEPT the new styled USA/CANADA site. The Laptop models indeed are different like with Toshiba (different models from Germany, UK, USA, CAnada, Asia, Japan, Australia :) ), which makes updating the BIOS section a pain. I can only cover US and Japan.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RRR: I've sent you a mail regarding this..

Anyways, I'm usually dropping in on Dell's site now and then so I could cover those BIOS updates for ya. I've so far mostly checked out the 9300 updates but it wouldn't take long to check out the others aswell..

Bear in mind that I'm fairly erratic though :)

Guest elektro

HI,

Ranilin, do You own Quanta HW1? I'm very interested in this model, but cannot find any files on internet. What are the viewing angles(horizontal/vertical) of screen? Brightness level? Does the cooler goes loud when working with simple office apllications? How often does cooler turns on? Have You experienced any heat problems? What is average battery lifetime?

Thank You for response:)

• 4 months later...

*bump* :)

We still need stanch people to update this area on a weekly basis or so. Anybody? Please mail us.