There are different ways how to update your BIOS. It dependes on what kind of BIOS file you get in the ZIP archive that you download.
1. WHP file
Winphlash is a Windows based utility for flashing the BIOS on majority of new ACER notebooks. Below are instructions to assist with installing the utility and how to use the utility to flash your BIOS, should that be necessary.
To install the Winphlash utility, please follow these instructions.
1. Download the Winphlash utility to your hard drive from HERE
2. Double-click on the file winphlash.exe to extract and install the application.
To use the utility to flash the BIOS, please follow these instructions.
1. You will need to ensure that you have the latest BIOS ROM file from our Drivers and Downloads section. It is suggested that you you save this file to the winphlash directory, as it is required to flash the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the winphlash directory:
C:\Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\WinPhlash\
3. Double-click on WinPhlash.exe to launch the program and view the box below.
4. It is recommended to leave the defaults and only change the second input box. Where it shows "Specify new BIOS file:" type in that line the name of the BIOS ROM file. If the file is in a directory other than the Winphlash directory, the full path to the file will be required. (C:\<directory name>\<filename.ROM>)
5. Press the Flash BIOS button to flash the BIOS.
6. Follow the instructions on screen. You should be prompted to reboot the system.
2. ROM file or any other type
With this file you need a bootable floppy disk with a command line file (p.bat, etc) which usually comes in the downloaded ZIP archive of your BIOS. All you have to do is run the command line file (usually is P.bat, or flash.exe, etc...) in clean DOS mode (not Windows DOS).
Here are all the other BIOS update programs/tools (command line files) in case the program for flashing your BIOS is not included in the ZIP arcive that you download.
Warning: By flashing your motherboard, you agree to accept the possibility of BIOS flash failure. If your System is stable and working we recommend that you DO NOT try to upgrade your BIOS.
- AWDflash Version 8.26b
Note: Only to be used with Award BIOS (Version 6.x for Desktop systems)
- Wflash Version 1.08
Note: BIOS flash utility for Windows, only to be used with Award BIOS (Version 6.x for Desktop systems)
- Aflash Version 3.11.21
Note: Only to be used with Acer BIOS Version 3.x and 4.x
- Aflash Version 2.15
Note: Only to be used with Acer BIOS Version 2.x
- Stepping Code update for Acer Bios Version 4.x
- Stepping Code update for Acer Bios Version 3.x
Note: Only use when advised by Acer Support
- Phonix Winphlash Utility
Note: BIOS flash utility for Windows, only to be used with Phoenix BIOS (for Notebooks)
If you need any assistance on updating your BIOS, don't hesitate to PM me.....