• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sn0wl

• Bergevenny

• ®®®

• Dimitar Kovachev

Thanks for the notification, we are working for fixing them.

• 3 weeks later...

Both driver and application files are uploaded again.

Thanks very much for cPax 1.5, which is absolutely BRILLIANT :)

:) I still have slight problems with it, however, and wondered if anyone can help. The main cPax program works fine but when I use those parts of the applications which require a change of focus to a dialogue box on the main screen (Calendar, Calculator and Sticky Notes) the focus remains stuck on the touchpad and the cursor won't move on screen. I can use a separate mouse for this, but would prefer to use the touchpad. No problem with the cPax properties dialogue, where the focus transfers properly. However, I've noticed with Keypad that I have to use Alt+tab to change focus to the application on the main screen before I can enter the digits.

I'm using the Synaptics touchpad driver v7.12.7 and cPax v1.5, with the hybrid drivers option selected. When I swap back to cPad, everthing works fine..

I've tried removing the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling but always get the same results. Any thoughts?

Many thanks indeed

Thank you.

What I understand from your problem is when you launch one of the original applications they don't get the focus causing them not to operate until you use alt-tab or click them from taskbar by using another mouse. Is that so? Do you use cPax internal application launcher to open them?

I don't think anyone else had the problem so it is probably caused by your computer. Maybe some program installed in the background effecting focus.

However I don't have the source code and my laptop right now but will check it out when I got my laptop back from service.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the program.

Thank you.

What I understand from your problem is when you launch one of the original applications they don't get the focus causing them not to operate until you use alt-tab or click them from taskbar by using another mouse. Is that so? Do you use cPax internal application launcher to open them?

I don't think anyone else had the problem so it is probably caused by your computer. Maybe some program installed in the background effecting focus.

However I don't have the source code and my laptop right now but will check it out when I got my laptop back from service.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the program.

Sorry, I was being vague in the last post! The dialogue box (for applications like the units convertor selection in Calculator or memos in Calendar) comes up with no problem in the main screen and the dialogue box IS actually in focus (I misled you, sorry). However, the touchpad buttons and cursor remain frozen and can't be used on the main screen dialogue box. Alt+tab doesn't make any difference here. So I can use the keyboard and a separate mouse on the main screen dialogue box, but not the touchpad itself. Once I escape from the dialogue box and get back to the touchpad application it behaves as normal. Yes, I do start the applications from the cPax internal launcher.

This doesn't happen when I swap back to cPad - the touchpad buttons and cursor can be used on the main screen dialogue box without any problem. As I mentioned, I have to use alt+tab to get focus for a secondary application (like Excel or Word) when I'm using Keypad, but it's been like that for a long time and I assumed it's just a minor bug.

The cPax properties dialogue box and any other applications launched from cPax behave as normal, with no problems.

Yes, I love cPax - it's brilliant! I particularly like the Properties application - the way the program can be configured, which is really helpful.

Anyway, thanks very much, and congratulations on a really useful program :)

I think you misunderstood the locking feature. Once you open an application, calculator lets say, touchpad is disabled to prevent accidential clicks on computer. You wouldn't want to open an application or move some files to trashcan while making a calculation or drawing a picture!

That is not a bug but if you are so annoyed (and it was actually locking touchpad as well in original applications) I will try to disable the lock and make touchpad function nomally. I can make a special Core built for you or add the feature in next release. Like I said I don't have the source with me now.

I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the application!

The locking is intentionally. And i got used to it. But i would also test the unlocked state, if possible.

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm making my case properly.

Yes, indeed, you're absolutely right - the locked state is really helpful when the touchpad-only side of the applications are running (eg, the main screens of Calculator or Calendar). But mine is also locked in cPax when it really SHOULDN'T be!

In cPax Calculator, when I want to convert units (say, feet to metres - I do this sort of thing a lot) I select the conversion icon on the left side of the pad display and get the usual unit conversion page on the touchpad, and that works fine. But when I want to change the conversion unit type and select that icon, the conversion properties dialogue box comes up on the main screen but the touchpad is still locked so I can't actually use it. In the conventional cPad Calculator, when the same dialogue box comes up on the main screen, the touchpad is automatically enabled to use the main screen. When I finish with the main screen dialogue box, the touchpad is automatically locked again.

The same thing happens when I use the memo edit function in cPax Calendar. The memo dialogue box comes up on the main screen but the touchpad is still locked so I can't use the cursor or touchpad controls, as I can in the same box in cPad.

I'm not sure if this is just some weird way my system is set up or if anyone else has this problem in cPax? It's probably something pretty simple :) As I say, I do tend to use the extended Calculator function quite a lot, and if it could be got to work on cPax for me, that would be absolutely brilliant.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help

Ow, you are right! I forgot that bug long ago. Sorry. Core just locks touchpad when those applications are running and unlocks when they are closed. This is why it stays locked when those dialog boxes are opened - there is no detection mechanism for it.

I will try to solve the problem and hopefully can fix it. Long time forgotten bug!

Thank you SO much! That would be really great!

And, again, congratulations on such an excellent program - it's the best! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here, Core version 1.5.1 uploaded. Please try and tell me the results. Might not be the best but should work.

what should i pay attention to? What has changed?

The bug reminded by Bergevenny.

Core just locks touchpad when those applications are running and unlocks when they are closed. This is why it stays locked when those dialog boxes are opened.

Rene can you please update installer with wheel registry and send? I noticed another thing we probably missed out. What does AlarmWatcher.exe do? If I'm not mistaken it should be something to do with Calendar alarms? I really don't remember what it was for. Any abnormalities with ocPad applications without AlarmWatcher.exe?

i have not forgotten the installer :)

i need now to smoke a cigarette after posting my request and will go deep into the installer.bat afterwards.

alarmwatcher.exe? never used that intentionally.

Thanks very much - I'll try it!

(Oh congrats on getting your notebook back, Sn0wl - you must be so pleased!)

below

echo [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh]>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "Certified"=dword:000040eb>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL

you need to add the followingm so that it looks like

... more ...
... more ...
... more ...
echo [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh]>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "Certified"=dword:000040eb>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "AllowWheelSettings"=dword:00000001>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: adding a missing reg entry which cause NOTFOUND errors in RegMonitor
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
echo [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\cPad]>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "MinCalendarYear"=dword:000007d0>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "MaxCalendarYear"=dword:000007dc>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL

:: This section is to be effective "Restore All or Page default" buttons
echo [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl]>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "RestoreAllDefaults"=dword:00000001>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "HotLinkURL"="www.LaptopVideo2Go.com">>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "DisplayGestures"=dword:00000001>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
echo "UIStyle"=dword:00000002>>"%TEMP%\cPax.tmp"&set /p i=^><NUL
... more ...
... more ...
... more ...

Excellent - tried out your new core and CALCULATOR is working fine! I can use the main screen dialogue box for the conversion utility and it flips back to the touchpad after. BRILLIANT!!

Um.. with CALENDAR, the on-screen dialogue box for daily memos (Schedule Editor in cPax) still has the same prob - the touchpad is still locked. It's not as critical to use the touchpad here, as I can enter memos with the keyboard and use the Enter and Esc keys for Ok and Cancel.. If it's possible to unlock this dialogue box, that would be great!

I don't have any experience of the alarm facility - I think it's part of the Sticky Notes application..

Anyway, thanks VERY much for that. I love cPax!

No problem but Calender should also work, are you sure? Rene, can you confirm those?

Look forward to cPax 1.6, I'm working on it and hoping to add iTunes support along with this lock fix and several others.

No problem but Calender should also work, are you sure? Rene, can you confirm those?

Look forward to cPax 1.6, I'm working on it and hoping to add iTunes support along with this lock fix and several others.

Yes, it's odd.. I've tried reinstalling and I get the same results with Calendar, but Calculator works fine :)

I'm looking forward to cPax 1.6 as well - YAY!!

Sorry, please try Core 1.5.2 and tell me how it works.

Sorry, please try Core 1.5.2 and tell me how it works.

That's excellent!!

Yes, Calendar's working fine now! The touchpad unlocks for the on-screen dialogue box and then switches back. Perfect -THANK YOU!

GO CPAX!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Matt Long

OK I am New to this cpax and LOVE IT!!! however i am having some issues with it. I have installed the new drives and the new apps but when I run cpax and then try to open any app from cpax it does two things. The the Calendar, Calc, Keypad it will flash an application in the task bar for a millisecond then go away and the cpad will go back to the main animation and date screen. When I try to load the Signature, or Stickynote app it comes up with an error box that says "Sticky Notes failed to start. Exit any other application that may currently be using the cPad and try again." Can you please give me some answer as to why this is not working for me. Thanks,

Matt Long

Hi Matt, thank you.

You either have wrong Synaptics Drivers installed or don't have Hybrid Driver Solution installed. Please follow these STEP BY STEP;

1. Uninstall any installed Synaptics drivers by using Add/Remove Programs control panel.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Install Synaptics Drivers 7.12.7 found in this topic.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Install Original cPad applications found in this topic if you want to use original applications as well (Calculator, Signature Capture, Sticky Note, Calendar and Keypad).

6. Install cPax 1.5 and allow it to modify installed drivers when asked.

7. Restart your computer.