LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP ZD7160US laptop with GeForceGo 5200 64 megs...

Guest DR K

Hi i have a HP PAVILLION laptop Zd7160US is the model. It is 3.06Ghz, P4with Hyper threading. It has Nvidia GeForceGo 5200. It is also Windows HOME edition with SP1. It does not have SP2. Question is what are the latest drivers for this graphics card? and where can i download them from. As i know the Nvidia downloads don't wont as i tried and messed up my computer. I am not an expect at drivers. Please help.

Thanks very much.

Dr K, welcome.

Have a look in the FAQ at install instructions that are required for our drivers.

You can use any driver you like, we modfify the installer INF so that any GPU can use the driver.

You just need to choose a driver that suits look in the driver section.

Then you'll also need to grab an INF of the same version number.

Replace original INF with modified one then enjoy all the latest features.

I would recomend maybe 78.11 as a good start, I've been using this for a while now with no problems.

Hi there i installed the 78.11. It is very good. Not to sure what teh difference is between the old ones which were 54.01. But after installed my videos won't play. In my windows media player. I hear only sound, this includes teh avia, mpeg and various other video files, i only hear sound. What sound i do next, please tell me. thanks again..

Also is overclocking harmful to a laptop and what will it do if i overclock it. Thanks.

If you don't know what you are doing, I would not overclock. (read the stuff in the FAQ section about disabling it if you don't, or search for topics on how to safely do it.)

To fix the videos, you need to go to the overlay settings page in the driver and enable the VMR option, and maybe enable overlays/vmr in windows media player.

WOW... Bill u are a genious. My videos are playing. But i don't know if these drivers are better than my old ones. How will i know. I just updated it cuz my old drivers are like almost 1.5 years old. Thanks again so much. In the games how can i tell that my game quality or performance has improved, such as FPS? thanx again. :) :P :)

If your new drivers seem to work as good as your old ones now that you have fixed the video problem, I would keep them, newer ones have more features and usually better game compatibility.

If you can determine that they are noticeable slower, you might want to switch back, but I would keep those if I were you since I think you said they are running fine.

yes the drivers are running fine. But sometimes in my mind i think i messed up my computer. No problems noticed. I have installed many games and checked them all out. San andreas used to have funny looking characters walking around, there were outlined looking, but now they are gone, Overall i am quite pleased with the performance. I still have no clue how better they are. But i will keep using them till i find a problem. Thanx.what is your opnion on the 77.77 drivers or tehe66.93 or even the 67.02 drivers.???

Thanx

Dr K :)

If that is running just fine for you, I would keep it installed, don't try and fix what is not broken.

If you have a problem, uninstall the drivers, then install the 77.77 driver and test.

Make sure that especially when you downgrade that you uninstall the newer drivers before you install the older one, unless you like a black/blue screen when you boot up.