Modded INF | Quickstart Guide
Operating System: Windows XP / 2000 / MCE
Driver Version: 81.98 (126.96.36.199)
Driver Date: 2005-12-10
Driver Size: 16.1 MB
Driver Released by: nVidia
MS WHQL Certificate:
Setup Files Included:
International Files :
[UPDATE] I've uploaded the new version of this driver that nVidia re-released on 7th Feb 2006.
It has support for the 7800GS added and WHQL tested as well.
According to HP's changelog:
- Corrects issue that may occur when playing DVD movies in DualView Mode while in a Guest account.
- Corrects truncation issues for Traditional Chinese NView pages.
- Corrects issue where the NVIDIA property pages display in English when used on a Thai image.
- Corrects issue where an application (winhlp32.exe) error message is displayed when trying to view popup help in the NVIDIA Display Properties for the Japanese or Korean languages.
The following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 81.95:
- Single GPU Issues Resolved
- Removed the Direct Access functionality from the driver user interface.
- Low Viewperf 8.01 scores occur with Dual Core and dual processor systems.
- Dual Core Processors: Corel Paint Shop Pro X does not work.
- Rendering problems occur in Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
- GeForce 7 Series: Ground textures in Flight Simulator 2004 do not render correctly when using "Ultra High" settings.
- GeForce 7800 GTX 512: The system cannot resume from Standby.
- GeForce 7800 GTX/GT: Running F.E.A.R. hangs the system on the Apple 30" Cinema display when Monitor Scaling is used.
- GeForce 7800 GTX/GT, GeForce 6800/6600: Ground and water textures are corrupted when zooming out in Civilization 4.
- GeForce 7800 GTX/GT, GeForce 6800: Shadows fail to render in Splinter Cell 1.
- Dual GeForce 7800 GTX/GT: Everquest 2 launches to a black screen when antialiasing is set to 2xQ at 1920 x 1200 resolution.
- GeForce 7800 GTX 512: Chronicles of Riddick does not run at resolutions higher than 800x600.
- GeForce 7800, GeForce 6800: Corruption is seen in Flight Simulator 2004.
- GeForce 7800 GTX, GeForce 6800, Quadro FX 4500: The system slows down with the Liquid Edition SD time line.
- GeForce 6800: Wrong colors appear when playing QuickTime trailers using the non-native video resolution.
- GeForce 6800 Ultra / GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Battlefield 2 has corruption or crashes when a player switches from zoomed commander view to zoomed sniper view.
- GeForce 6800: Shimmering or cropping of the full-screen video mirror occurs when covering the video window with another window.
- GeForce 6150/6100, Windows XP Media Center Edition: The driver does not recognize display connection changes that occur during a system shutdown.
- GeForce 6100/6150, Windows Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup 2: HD modes are listed as available when a TV is connected using S-Video.
- GeForce 6150/6100, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005: The display remains inactive when resuming from Suspend mode.
- GeForce FX 5200: Textures disappear in CrimeLife v105.
- GeForce4 Ti 4200, Windows 98: Java applications crash when calling OpenGL.
- SLI-Related Issues Resolved
- GeForce 7800 GTX 512, SLI: In Battlefield 2 and other applications, screen corruption occurs with SLI AA enabled.
- GeForce 7800 GTX, SLI: Everquest 2 launches to a black screen when antialiasing s set to 2xQ.
- GeForce 6800, SLI: There is pausing in Colin McRae Rally 5 when SLI is enabled.
- GeForce 6800, SLI: Corruption occurs on the golf course in Tiger Woods 2006 with 2x antialiasing enabled.
- GeForce 6800, SLI: The desktop doesn't refresh after exiting Black and White 2.
- GeForce 6800, SLI: Nothing appears below the SLI load balancing line in 3DMark05 when SLI AA is enabled.
- GeForce 6600 VE, SLI: "Lack of video bridge" error message appears when enabling SLI without the SLI connector.
- GeForce 6600, Windows XP, SLI: The system occasionally hangs when playing Everquest 2.
- GeForce 6600, Windows XP, SLI: When the quality level is set to Extreme Quality, EverQuest 2 does not render correctly with 4x antialiasing enabled at 1600x1200.
- Forceware Updater's Quickstart Guide.
- What is a modded INF and do I need one?
- Instructions on how to install drivers.
- Modded INF updates history.
- Troubleshooting Tool: N.E.R.D.
- Model-Specific INFs
- John's INF for DELL Inspiron 8200/M50
- Jeroen's INF for MEDiON MD 41300
- Larry's INF for DELL 5150/5160
- Whitetigerx7's INF for Alienware Area 51 m5500
- GeForce 2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)
- GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)
- GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)
- GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - current)
- GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)
- GeForce Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)
- GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
- GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current)
All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.
Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.
via if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.
Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.
Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.
If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.
Edited by ®®®, 14 November 2006 - 08:52 AM.