LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v81.98 XP 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

It's something to do with the modded inf, it's been a problem for a while now.

to fix it (the service isn't used anyway) go to start -> run -> services.msc -> scroll down to the Nvidia display service (or whatever it's called) and change the startup type to "Disabled". It will crash when you shut down windows that time, but will not restart with windows on the next boot.

Cheers Mattman :) , upto my ears in modded INFs, and forgot the process to diasble it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Bill

• mattman

• christian

Just completed installing 81.98 on my Dell XPS Gen 2 (2.13Ghz/6800 Go ultra). It was a smooth install. It seems to be stable so far. BF2, Halo, Prince of Persia worked flawlessly.

Benchmark stats:

Centrino 2.13 Ghz, 1 GB RAM

GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB, No overclocking.

Standard/Normal INF

Aquamark 3 score on 81.95 was 68567 with default settings

Aquamark 3 score on 81.98 was 68781 (slight boost here with the same settings)

Many thanks to folks here for their wonderful job.

81.85 lv2go modded inf - 2063

81.89 xtreme-g performance inf - 2074

81.94 lv2go modded performance inf - 2077

81.94 lv2go modded (standard) inf - 2062, am3 38146

81.94 xtreme-g modded performance inf - 2071

81.95 lv2go modded performance inf - 2090

81.95 lv2go modded (standard) inf - 3dm05 2078, am3 38238

81.98 lv2go modded (standard) inf - 3dm05 2064, am3 38326

82.04 lv2go modded performance inf - 2078

Results nothing really conclusive, - a little on 3dm05 and + a little on am3..

Will re-run 3dm05 after a fresh reboot later.. been tinkering a little without rebooting (tsk tsk) before i ran the benchies.

Hey, Well I did what you told me to, unninstal old drivers and install new ones, it seems that the 81.98 plus NFO plus modded NFO worked but it doesnt fit with my windows version Windows Pro SP1. Any Ideas? :)

Worked but it doesn't fit your windows version? (is there an error message?)

If you are using the driver and the modded INF file, not an NFO file, it should work.

And why are you using SP1?

There really is no good reason to not upgrade anymore, if windows does something in it you dont like you can always hack it.

Well go unzip this driver again, and make sure your using the updated mod INF, and that you are installing it properly via the device manager. Go read the how to install faq if you get lost.

If it is really not working cause your on SP1, go run IE and go to tools, windows update and update it!

It was released well over a year ago, should have it installed by now.

Worked but it doesn't fit your windows version? (is there an error message?)

If you are using the driver and the modded INF file, not an NFO file, it should work.

And why are you using SP1?

There really is no good reason to not upgrade anymore, if windows does something in it you dont like you can always hack it.

Well go unzip this driver again, and make sure your using the updated mod INF, and that you are installing it properly via the device manager. Go read the how to install faq if you get lost.

If it is really not working cause your on SP1, go run IE and go to tools, windows update and update it!

It was released well over a year ago, should have it installed by now.

Yea ok ill try that, thx but i if u wanna know i can install it but it says it can cause future dmg in my computer :S.

Could anyone help me out? In these drivers there are no Fullscreen Video Controls, which were in previous official releases. I needed those controls badly for watching movies on my TV set, so the movie fullscreened on my TV set and stayed windowed on my lappy.

Thanks!

hi

i have a problem....

I get a blue screen during the installation....

with message:

nv4_mini.sys - Adress F00C495C base at F0001000, Datestamp039abfcc

need help!

All I get i s a fantastic ..... Blue Screen Of Death!!!!!! :) :) :P

Edited by tanuzz

Finally got round to trying these, and they install just fine for me.

Wonder what's a foot ?

Guest Captain Picard

Hello everyone, I've been following this website since I've had my laptop, and have found your work to be invaluable for keeping my laptop in peak working condition. I had a question about adding custom resolutions though. In the proprietary Sony drivers, there are certain unique resolutions which I'd like to have, but aren't available in the normal drivers. I've tried to add these resolutions by using the "Custom Resolutions and Timings" page, but nothing I've tried works. How else can I add custom resolutions? Is there any way I could modify the driver INF? Any help would be appreciated

Even my help is appreciated? :)

There have been a few recent topics on this, but I couldn't find them using the search, guess I'm a failure at searching... :)

Anyway it is possible to add new resolutions to the INF, in there you should see a section with the resolutions listed, under the HKR tweaks or something I think.

As for exactly how you add the resolutions, which ones do you want to add?

There are a few different ways to add them and some people have success with certain methods.

I've never really tried adding them to the INF so I can't give you any good advice there except look how they are already included in the INF.

I think Teraphy or Larry should know, and Pieter when he gets back.

You should try adding some things and see what happens.

These drivers won't install. I followed the instructions in the video, but Windows gives me the error 'This file does not contain information about your hardware.' when I click OK in the have disk stage. I have a GeForce 6600 Go.

The resolution that I liked using with the proprietary Sony drivers was 1024x600, but I'd also like to try out 1024x640 and 1024x576. I just need a midrange resolution that I can use for my games, because the native resolution is too high to offer a good framereate, and the only non 1280x*** widescreen resolution is 720x480, which is a bit too low for my liking

These drivers won't install. I followed the instructions in the video, but Windows gives me the error 'This file does not contain information about your hardware.' when I click OK in the have disk stage. I have a GeForce 6600 Go.

You didn't replace the original INF (nv4_disp.inf) with the modded one (same name but different download).

Do this first then you'll have much better luck :)

Yes, I did replace the INF file.

My bad, that is the exact error you get when the INF doesn't support a certain GPU.

If you could provide some more info about your GPU then perhaps we could make up an inf for you.. If you can grab a copy of NERD and post the GPU results that would be helpful.

Okay, here it is.

FYI this is a clean install of Windows, so I don't think you'll find much info from the drivers...

Yes your right it doesn't say much at all.

Can you install your original driver and then run it again.

The data we need is not showing (what PCI-ID your device is)

Ok, sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, I ran NERD and here's the log file.

7300GS256MB_63A20313.zip

OK looking at that mess of a NERD file (what did you use to open it ?)

You device ID is 0167 for the go6200, this is supported in my modded INFs

I don't know why it won't install on your machine :)