LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM cards for sale

Ice-Tea

Hello,

my Amilo M1439G with 6600 Go requires some upgrading.

What woult you recommend? Arima 6800?

(Is it available? Haven't seen in @ your shop...)

Is the 7900GS possible?

Regards,

Bender77

No more Arimas, I'm afraid (no 6800's or 7900Gs)

The 7600 should work without a problem, the x1800 should work as well but will require a lot more effort :)

I you need further info, please contact me on email if you can.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• ika

• Rocktech

• Kanduru

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Ice-Tea

What´s about M8700GT or M8600GT? When will you get them?

Currently, I'm closer to the 8600GT as to the 8700GT, but when exactly? Weeks at least... :)

Hello,

I have M3438G and GPU is DOA. Do you have any cards at stock? Really interested to buy one..

Btw. can you install 6800 go Ultra to M3438G without any modifications?

MXM-Upgrade.com rocks!

Hello,

I have M3438G and GPU is DOA. Do you have any cards at stock? Really interested to buy one..

Btw. can you install 6800 go Ultra to M3438G without any modifications?

MXM-Upgrade.com rocks!

Hi Anza,

The 7600 works without any modification. As far as I know, there has never been a 6800 Ultra on MXM, so it's hard to comment on that.

I'm finishing up evaluation of the x1900. Should work as well, but there are some modifications there.

Ice-Tea

Hello again,

Thx for quick reply! Really interested to buy 7600go, can you send me mail about price and such?

x1900, woah! That's mad :)

Doesn't it generate a lot of heat? Maybe a bit too much for M3438G? How about x1800? Heat problems?

/AnZa

Hello again,

Thx for quick reply! Really interested to buy 7600go, can you send me mail about price and such?

x1900, woah! That's mad :)

Doesn't it generate a lot of heat? Maybe a bit too much for M3438G? How about x1800? Heat problems?

/AnZa

Actually, I've been running both the x1800 and x1900 in the Amilo Pi 15" notebook. It gets hot, but it works :)

I'm sending you details about availability and price.

x1900 are now cards available.

I tested it in the Amilo Pi and it works. Notebook gets rather hot though. It was tested with a Farcry benchmark for over an hour, no problems reported. Fan ran at close to full speed, marginal heat gains can be made by hardwiring the fan.

I have a new solution for that, but it still requires soldering.

During benchmarking I saw peak power consumptions of up to 4.2A. That means that the Amilo Pi power supply is stressed pretty close to it's maximum of 4.5A. While this should theoretically work, I certainly do not recommend it. On request, we can add a 120 or 180W power supply to your order.

As for the 3438, card should work too but the fan will not react to the card. There are two possible solutions: the NCH ACPI control script or hardwiring the fan. My "v1" solution for that consists of a relay, and a USB cable. During normal operation, you just let it cool based on CPU temperature, if you want to game you plug the USB connector which connects to the fan through the relay and makes the fan run full speed.

A "v2" solution uses an internal 5V supply (harder tol solder) and a thermal switch that will have the fan run 100% if the heatsink gets too hot. This is a "cleaner", automated solution.

The power supply of the 3438 should obviously be sufficient.

Both cards will required the heatsink to be modified.

Benchmarks can be found here ->

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/benchmarks.xls

Price will be 350 euro for the european tax region (taxes and shipping included), 320 for the US (express shipping included). Drop me a line for shipping to other countries.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moxari

Hi there.

I have learned a lot from this forum, However I may still be quite clueless about the MXM series.

I have a Geforce Go 6800 Type III 41mm currently in my laptop. About 4 months ago it decided to stop working :)

I'm looking for either an exact replacement or perhaps even an upgrade.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what is compatible with my laptop, so shopping for an upgrade is not an easy task (for me).

Are any Geforce Go 6800 Type III 41mm currently available?, Or a common upgrade that will suit?

Thanks very much.

Hi,

The 7600 is a plug - and - play replacement that will offer comparable performance.

The x1900 is a higher effort replacement that offers higher performance.

If you need further details, please mail me.

Ice-Tea

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i have so question toward Ice-Tea:

I have FCS Amilo Pi 1556 and in the manual they say:

"PCI Express graphic card based on MXM Type 2: nVidia Geforce GO 7600 with 256 MB DDR2 dedicated Video RAM"

So, i have Type 2 MXM card. Can you tell me what are my opportunities for upgrading my video card.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, that notebook accepts Type III as well. The x1900 has been tested.

However, people have reported the notebook runs too hot for their liking. Furthermore, the power brick is stressed to a point where it discomforts me.

That said, it is an option if you want.

Guest endlss

hi great site very handy

just wanting to know i have a HP dv2308tx with a nvidia GO7200 ,what can i up grade that to if possible and what would be the cost involved ,i am in austrlia

thanks

Actually, that notebook accepts Type III as well. The x1900 has been tested.

However, people have reported the notebook runs too hot for their liking. Furthermore, the power brick is stressed to a point where it discomforts me.

That said, it is an option if you want.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm really interesting in X1900, even though the heat problems. I have USB ventilator that help a lot right now. Even playing for hour the demo of Bioshock at max setting and resolution of 1280x800 the temperature of my 128 bit Go 7600 with 256 MB Ram is 63C at max (and the room temperature is about 35C). And what about more powerful power supply for my laptop? Also, is GeForce Go 7900 GS is compatible with my laptop? And is it on par with X1900 (performance)?

O, and i'm Bulgarian who's living in Bulgaria, but from what i see on other post, this is not a problem. If you want we can continue conversation on PM.

P.S. A friend of mine wondering if toshiba sattelite A200 - 14D have MXM technology in it. Do you know the answer?

Cheers,

Ivo Koralsky

May I ask you mail me for further info and details?

A better powersupply is obiviously a good plan, but you must calculate something like 50-100? for one.

I don't offer 7900 cards anymore. I had some issues with them and the x1900 is about as good and a bit cheaper.

AFAIK, the a200 uses a MXM connector but not MXM cards.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently, I'm closer to the 8600GT as to the 8700GT, but when exactly? Weeks at least... :)

where to get or order this things?

Currently: nowhere. There seem to be compatibility issues with these cards.

hello,

ice tea is the best. i have buy a card 7600 go and the card is ok. buy it now!!!!

Je suis belge je me suis rendu chez lui pour reparer mon amilo m3438G et a present il va d'enfer donc qu'est ce qu'on dit merci ice tea :)

Laurent

• 2 weeks later...

Getting you a 8700GT is not that hard. But it doesn't work :)

Is it possible to get a 512mb version of the 7600 mxm II? How much would it be in the U.S.?

Nope, just the 256MB.

225 euro, express shipping included.