Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• ika

• Rocktech

• Lieuwe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only tried the 8600GT.

My guess is that the update of the MXM spec on the software level caused some incopatibilities, either through bad design or bad implementation either now or in the past.

Ok, thanks for the info. Do you know a place I could buy a 8700m GT? Ajump, ncix & excaliber don't have it.

I could get you one, but the price is still steep.

And again: it will probably not work.

As for 512MB cards: I don't have any, don't know who does.

What would you recommend for my uniwill 259EN3? I am thinking about the 7600 but I am hoping to find something a little more powerful.

The 7600 is right now the best there is for your notebook.

Hi, i'm the guy that asked about the 8700m. Now i registered, i really want to say i'm still interested in buying a 8700m GT. Can you give me a price so i know what kind of money we're talking about?

May I ask what your plans are? I repeat it will most likely not work.

I have no volume on this card. If you really want one, expect 500+$ without taxes.

I wanted to try it on my G1s or on a shuttle mini x100. And eventually if i don't get it to work i would have reselled it to a xps 1730 owner wanting to go for sli. But 500+$ is way too high... :)

Thing is, on the G1s the native res is 1680x1050, which a 8600m GT can't handle in the latest games like supreme commander, lost planet, and most likely Crysis.

Both the XPS and G1s are not MXM platforms. Chances it will work on a x100 are limited at best..

d'oh, my mistake. I really thought they were. I read it somewhere... That topic's closed. A 8600m GT would fit in a x100? How come there are no 512mb DDR3 models?

It would fit but I don't think it will run. Best thing for the x100 is the x1900 right now.

Dunno about the DDR3.

I searched the web for another x100-like pc but didn't find any. Are there others with mxm slots?

Other mini-pcs? Acer has a mulitmedia center I belive, that's about it.

Hi, :) just asking for little help for upgrading my laptop... at this moment i have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi 1536-10 MCE with Ati Radeon Mobility X1400, What would be the best option to upgrade my graphics at this moment? i just want play games with more fps... i know i got powerfull machine here right now, but sometimes i get this awfull feeling that it would be my graphics what makes all trouble here... :)

Upgrading your graphics would help a lot

The easiest and recommended way is a 7600. Your notebook was designed for it and will work flawlessly with it.

It will also accept a x1900, but it wil get very hot, will need some modifcations and the power brick can even get dangerously hot...

Thank u mr. ice:

Hmmm... sounds very nice :) how much for the 7600 go and how can i order it when i have the money "in my pocket"?

and what about the 7600 gt go model, does it work good as well? ....well i don't know do you have that MXM card...

I have never seen a GT. Closest thing I ever saw was the MSI cards that are clocked higher than the ones I have.

Guest TurricaN

Hello,

i read something about upgrading a Medion MD95500 in some replys before... Any news?

Because i own the same notebook (with NVIDIA 6600-gfx) and want upgrade.

What card can you currently offer and whats the price (shipping to germany)

greetz,

TurricaN