Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• hazart

• sn0wl

• LSudlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I experienced the same as Whorebo, what have you made do activate it ?

Thx

Install the latest Toshiba driver for your sound card. :)

i just found TVS v1.00.07 (released 06-APR-2005)

Changelog:

The main improvement point is as follows.

* Ver 1.00.07

At audio playback application of part, when playing back the case where there is a phenomenon where sound is disordered was improved. (roughly translated from japanese :) )

It's originally intended for Qosmio E10/2JCDTE.

Can anybody test, and hazart will you update the first topic if tests are succesfull?

Here's the translated site with some new notes oh what settings have to be done in WinDVD: http://worldlingo.com/wl/translate?wl_lp=J...m&wl_g_table=-3

• 4 weeks later...
i just found TVS v1.00.07 (released 06-APR-2005)

Changelog:

The main improvement point is as follows.

* Ver 1.00.07

At audio playback application of part, when playing back the case where there is a phenomenon where sound is disordered was improved. (roughly translated from japanese  :P )

It's originally intended for Qosmio E10/2JCDTE.

Can anybody test, and hazart will you update the first topic if tests are succesfull?

Here's the translated site with some new notes oh what settings have to be done in WinDVD: http://worldlingo.com/wl/translate?wl_lp=J...m&wl_g_table=-3

Too late, someone has already updated it for me! :)

Yes, this is a new version, two months newer than 1.00.06! Many thanks. :)

Why hasn't Toshiba Technical Support published this? I thought it published everything at first.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kike01

Hi, could someone please post a working link for this?

Whenever I try to download, I get a 1kb file....with or without a Download Manager....

Thanks,

Enrique

You can get it here. (The link is part of the headline in the first post in this thread.)

Guest kike01

Hi, thanks for your reply, LSudlow. I had already noticed the D/L link in the headline.

However, the same thing happens when I try to download it using that link or the link you provided.

When I get the Save/Open prompt, I choose Save As... and it downloads a 1kb .exe file. I am expecting a 2.24 MB file, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Is there another site where it is posted maybe?

Thank you for your help, once again.

Enrique

try it with IE

Try pasting the following into your address bar:

forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=14382&index=0&mid=117

• 5 weeks later...

Can someone post me uninstallation log file located in TVS directory? I lost it... :)

Cannot find a log in my TVS dir :) , but here's the TVS Uninstall info from the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{8B12BA86-ADAC-4BA6-B441-FFC591087252}]
"UninstallString"="RunDll32 C:\\PROGRA~1\\GEMEIN~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup \"C:\\Programme\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{8B12BA86-ADAC-4BA6-B441-FFC591087252}\\Setup.exe\"  /uninstall"
"DisplayName"="TOSHIBA Virtual Sound"
"LogFile"="C:\\Programme\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{8B12BA86-ADAC-4BA6-B441-FFC591087252}\\setup.ilg"

Attached is the logfile it refers to.

Don't know if it helps you, but TVS copies TvsCtrl.dll to system32, the 2 *WOW_kern_i386.sys files and tvs.sys to system32\drivers. Just search for TVS in the registry and get rid of all entries.

setup.ilg.zip

• 2 months later...

downloaded them..will install and c if there is any difference....had a problem with some sounds as there was some buzzing from the speakers of the satellite m40

btw i'm having one problem...on my m40 i installed windvd 7...laptop comes with windvd 4....but no dvds are playing on version 7.....can any1 help??

I have installed the program, but I cant recognize a change at all... :)

have a Toshiba P10-554.

I just installed, did I do sth. wrong / missed I sth.?

And: I have no taskbar icon. And the program searched for a missing link at the first run...

I turned on and off the effects, no affect at all.... :)

thx

snipe

Hi

I tried to install into my COMPAQ too n have also updated the sound driver which was rejected so naturally the main TVS cannot be installed too because of different sound driver.

Can anybody advise me how to overcome this problem n also be kind to tell me how to run this TVS in Compaq..plzzz

Hi me again

I tried to load n save the TVS 1.00.10 from all the LINKS provided here but failed to save the file in all attempts, all I got is Okm saved, instead of the 2.24mb.

Can anybody give me a workable link for me to download the file plz..Tq in advance

As stated in the first three posts of this thread it will officially not work for other Laptop models than TOSHiBA. There's a check in the setup routine and to overcome it would be not legal, that's why we do not promote it :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have read this thread in case of my curosity if i could improve the already very good speakersystem of Harman/Kardon in my Satellite Notebook. I have tried to get TVS to work, but until now I wasn't successful. After the installation of the TVS I recieve only very crappy systemsounds and the TVS configurationtool doesn't seam to have any effect. I need some help with this. I have already tested the newest AC 97 for my soundchip.... but this is an other history.... Now I have installed the Version 5080 of the realtek Codec...

Thx

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the utility is set for "On" in the control panel, and that it's set for "Internal Speaker." You might try maxing all the sliders, then toggle the on/off buttons while playing a video or some music to see if you can hear a difference. The utility needs to hook into your sound driver, so it's possible not all sound drivers support it.

Our resident Toshiba user is away dealing with RL issues for a bit, but maybe someone else can jump in here with better advice.

Thanks... but this isn't a real help. I hope that one of our very experienced ones could give me a good tip.

Perhaps try reinstalling the TVS with Yamaha AC XG drivers 3157 i think.... not sure, but that's how i got mine to work, and the sound results are superb! thought with some video files (.avi) TVS fails to recognise the sound output and doesnt go on, leading to manually switching it on.

Anyone has a working link for the v1.00.10 version?

Caution on my 5200 the 1.00.07 makes the laptop shutdown in 2 minutes after the latest microsoft updates for windows xp.

So if you're experiencing slow shutdown problems deinstall tvs.

I would like to try the 1.00.10 but the link isn't working.