LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Battlefield 2 players stats

Fabrice Roux

BF2 is the best multiplayer experience i`v ever had compare to any games i`v try

(GHOST RECON,MOH,COD 1 and 2,FARCRY,RAVENSHIELD,UT (2003),HL2.............)

Most of these game were pretty good in solo PERIOD... exept UT which is the only one that qualifies for good online gaming.

The quality of online gaming experience varies from person to person... I started heavy online gaming with Quake 2 and Unreal (the first one)... pretty fast I switched to team games because single FPS is purely boring. Then I switched to team oriented games such as Tribes and Tribes 2. Both of these were EXCELLENT because of the wonderful netcode that allowed to play with a HIGH PING. You wouldn't duel a LPB for sure but you would be able to have fun and be really helpfull for your team even with high pings.

My personal record on Tribes 2 was 750ms on a 32 players australian server. (pretty much the other side of the planet for me)

http://tribes2.sierra.com/us/gallery.html

i`v had a look at your tribe , looks good , you should start a thread about that

game (in this forum) ...screen shots , FPS result...

But TRIBE is far to compete with BF2 about team play. (from the demo video i`v seen)

its pretty the same then UT series...

run-jump-shoot-run-jump again-shoot-grab weapon-run-run.

My personal taste like real life environement...and slower

game play ( probably because ì`m 39 yold :) .

but this part is really personal...

In BF2 , you actually stop playing some time :P , and take

time to analys the situation, map scan,oponent scores, available

infantry and transport equipment...

Squad system use in BF2 allow your partner to spawn beside you,

and good teams generally move with 3 to 6 members side by side

to conquer different point , and the squad leader can be in direct

communication with is commander , wich give usefull help to all

is squad. (BF2 default audio com ). The big amount of data

resulting about team play,squad interaction,commander action,

and audio is one of the reasons for that big isp bandwith needed...

In fact the fabulous team play in BF2 should have been mention

in my first post ...

But your probably right about the big bandwith needed to run BF2,

and its a major bug for remote area where ISP are not fast enough

or to expensive...

after all , there are 14000 views of our BF2 thread here...

and 600 000 actives members wich own a legit copy of

that game and are official ranked players ! :)

Edited by ggtronic

But TRIBE is far to compete with BF2 about team play. (from the demo video i`v seen)

its pretty the same then UT series...

run-jump-shoot-run-jump again-shoot-grab weapon-run-run.

My personal taste like real life environement...and slower

game play ( probably because ì`m 39 yold :) .

but this part is really personal...

You refered to Tribes Vengeance aka Tribes 3 which is a dumbed down version of Tribes... which I qualify as good Unreal Tournament mod PERIOD.

Here is an IMPRESSIVE video of Tribes 2. The dude behind the video bashes Tribes Vengeance like I did a while ago.

My all time favorite video of Tribes 2 is Travel (200Mb) it shows the spirit of Tribes 2... not just the dueling and mid airshots. The second half of the video with the irish song brings great memories.

Back in 1998, Tribes was the first 3D shooter that was using LARGE outdoor areas in combination to corridor like indoor buildings. Years after that Quake 3 Team Arena showed the limits of the top OpenGL 3D engine when rendering even small outdoor area.

As I told before in order to succeed a lot of teamwork was required. From day one Tribes had troop transport to allow light armored players to carry around the heavy armored around. I saw players doing "bus driver" duty for hours. Loading heavies at our base and driving them to the roof of the enemy base. Then flying the transporter back home.

I spent hours and hours doing slow stuff like defending the main generator in my base. On some maps I never encountered even one enemy. Sometimes my deployable plasma turrets would get more kills than I did. There is nothing that beats the feeling of being one element of the success of the team. Sometime it would be on offence or annoyance duty... firering the sniper rifle just to ###### enemies off to drive the defenders away from the flag.

One very important role would be the FATSO that sits near the flag with a shield pack that allows him to recieve a couple of plasma shots before getting damages.

But hands down my favorite role would be outside turret farmer... it requires to deploy turrets to fire at enemies and radars and motion sensor. (especially to detect the cloaked enemies) It can keep you working 150% of your time since enemy bomber aircraft like to carpet the turret protected zones with bombs.

Tribes 2 was released in 2001... so I would say it was FAR AHEAD of Battlefield 2. Especially the netcode... I had fun with 750ms ping on Tribes 2... while I have a hard time believing someone can enjoy BF2 at 150ms. (unless they are on dope)

Video of Tribes 2 vehicles in action in the Team Aerial Combat mod. In this mod when you touch the ground you die... so fatso need help to get to the enemy base. And flag carrier can't pilot vehicle which means at least 2 people are required to get the enemy flag.

if you are a big BF2 fan like me, show your stats and performance on your signature :

http://bf2tracker.com/portal.php

bf2tracker does offer signature link

http://bf2s.com/

not sure if BF2S doing sig link ?

Edited by ggtronic

Man those are somne good stats.. 151 best round and 21 kill streak?

I'll have to check the site out and see if I get my stats up.. I'm about 1000 points off you I think..

Battlefield 2 must be the best game ever. My go7900gs runs really good with Dells 84.69 BUT with Laptopvideo2go`s INF.file. Whitout the INF-file i cant get the temp log to work properly.

My stats: (yes, i know that my ratio is little high, but i like to be in the middle of the cursed game)~

http://bf2s.com/player/48388472/

Medals

Bronze Star

* First received on September 23, 2005

Last awarded on September 30, 2006

Total awards: 30

Silver Star

* First received on December 14, 2005

Last awarded on October 5, 2006

Total awards: 35

Gold Star

* First received on April 5, 2006

Last awarded on October 7, 2006

Total awards: 38

ps. its fairly funny, because i began to play BF2 in summer 2005, i think it must be something wrong with this stats, because i remember that i won some medals that summer, strange yehh. And in the game (BF2) when i look in the comminty, i have 43 gold stars, maybe this web-site dosent uppdates so often.

Edited by mattias

I got 38 on the streak one time but it was only because I was a commander artying folks. 151 in a round is just sick. I think 90 was my best and that came with a commander doubling.

http://bf2s.com/player/66467667/

Edited by bmcpherran

oohh, at last someone with higher Ratio then me. he he, thanks !

Edited by mattias

Night Fire ,your close to the next rank.

Dont forget to get all your basic badge before reaching

the 20 000 points...it will give you an higher rank

(first sergeant instead of Master Sergeant like mattias )

i think it will give better chance for commander job ?

bmcpherran

i'm not that good , my best round is also as a commander X2 :)

(i like being commander ! ) i average 10-50 points in regular games

depending of the situation...mostly mid range score

http://bf2s.com/player/57741251/

the explosive ordinance +knif + pistol where pretty tuff to get !

bmcpherran , are you able to play BF2 with your laptop ? my FX5650

was fully loaded with that game !

One bad thing rignt now is the game play start being very hard and fast :)

more and more advanced players ( very high rank ) are getting that game

difficult ! wich give bad time to mid skills player like me...

i still manage to have fun because some of my friends are very good

PACK = http://bf2s.com/player/58776993/

HELL AIM = http://bf2s.com/player/57476577/

and we make good squads

http://ggtronic.dyndns.org/~hell/RANK/

Edited by ggtronic

SWEDEN=DICE=BF2 ........Yeahh.

ps. the girl to the left (her name is Elita), is my ex-girlfriend. (when i was 17 years old). today she is a playboy modell in sweden, strange how life changes for someone.

Edited by mattias

Yeah, I still need explosive and knife ones, plus the aviation ones as well. I got the explosive one once, but at the end of the round, the server booted everyone off, and it didn't stick (I was having an awesome round as well).

I've got 15 minutes to go for the commander 10 hours, and then I'll get a few new things, ribbons and/or medals I think.

I want to advance 1 more rank before Battlefield 2142 comes about, as I will then be playing that, and most likely stop with BF2.