LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Check your Laptop's Game & Graphic Capabilities online with SysRequirementsLab.com

®®®

Questions why a game cannot be run on certain Laptops pop up everyday in our NViSiON Forums. It seems as if most Forum guests visiting us, apparantly think you can kind of 'force' the game to start and run it with all it's beauty and eye-candy enabled just by updating the NVIDIA driver. That's not the case, as you obviously can't upgrade your hardware specs with a simple driver update.

But obviously the solution seems not to be as clear to those people than to us :)

The sometimes misunderstood anwers and attitude by our moderator Fabrice are well-known:

READ THE FREAKING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ON THE GAME DEVELOPER's HOMEPAGE !

In case you are unsure about the internal specifications of your GPU (Shader version etc.) there's a website which checks a game's official System Requirement against your machine (whether it be Laptop or PC). This is done by downloading a small SystemCheck ActiveX or Java Plugin (depending on the browser you use). Quite a huge list of games is supported by the SR Check and it's growing as long as developer and manufacturers provide information to the lab.

I can only recommend the use of this website before posting any questions concerning game compatibility issues with your laptop.

Here's the link to the System Requirements Lab Hardware Test.

Enjoy.

• 1 year later...

Question for this, when I use this tool and it checks my video card, it shows as only one 7950gtx..

Is the because my computer only has one properly working or the test just doesnt check it properly?

I notice it doesnt find both of my cards in most tests i take, just wondering if thats a common sight for most of you running sli...

• 2 months later...

The website doesn't know the mobile Intel Core 2 Duo processor very well. My Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz was rated lower than a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, and to go on with what Alcibiades said is that it doesn't detect both graphics cards. This is not a good website to use for laptop users. My friends desktop however got rated well. The E6600 2.4 GHz was rated at a 6.0 Speed and beat out the 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 Requirement.

• 1 month later...

Couldn't agree more. That site just uses numbers from system requirements, and pits them against yours. It doesn't use real-life estimates, or take modded drivers or anything else into account.

Its told me I couldn't run Crysis. It told me all kinds of LIES.

LIES. LIES. LIES.

My 1.5c2Duo with 169.21 and 4gb ram screams on Crysis. I can get 1024x768 with all on high (not max)

LIES I TELLS YA

That site just uses numbers from system requirements, and pits them against yours.
Yes, that's what is does.
My Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz was rated lower than a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, and to go on with what Alcibiades said is that it doesn't detect both graphics cards.

My friends desktop however got rated well. The E6600 2.4 GHz was rated at a 6.0 Speed and beat out the 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 Requirement.

This website is not about rating or benchmarking. It's about comparing your PC's/laptop's hardware against the official system requirements of the game. It's not about figuring out every detail of your hardware as this is not needed for a basic comparison. If you need details use Everest, CPU-Z, GPU-Z or NERD :)
It doesn't use real-life estimates...
Why should it? It's not PC-Mark or any kind of benchmark. It just compares your specs against the game's official system requirement.
... or take modded drivers or anything else into account.
No it doesn't... as stated in the informational text in the driver versions row:

"Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product."

Btw it doesn't matter if it's SLI or not, as the GPU and it's capabilities are important for the comparison:

Video RAM

Video Card 3D Acceleration

Video HW Transform & Lighting

Vertex Shader Version

Pixel Shader Version

If you are very particular or doesn't trust the site, you can always doublecheck the results by visiting the game's official website and do a manually compare.

On a sidenote: SysRequirementsLabs evolved amazing well in the past year and they are now NVIDIA's partner to determine if NVIDIA's BETA drivers are available for the customer's system.

• 2 weeks later...

tells me my office PC with a desktop 6200 can run UT2004.....

i wouldnt trust that page if my life depended on it tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

If UT2004 minimum system requirements match your config, then why not :) I guess you need to disable AA, resolution and texture details, but that's nothing new.

• 1 year later...
Guest echox91

yeah but a lot of times i'd want to know if my laptop can run this game or that game on the highest settings. that site doesn't guarantee that?

ex: fallout 3 recommended settings says ATI 3800 series, but a HD 3850 clearly cannot run the game very well on high settings. =\