LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v96.85 VISTA 32bit RC2 and higher | NV

®®®

drv_forceware.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare 96.85 for Windows VISTA 32bit (x86) RC2 and higher

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista

Driver Version: 96.85 (9.6.8.5)

Driver Date: 2006-10-09

Driver Size: 14.532.644 bytes (60% savings :) )

Driver Released by: NV

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

New Control Panel: True

Mobile Support: n/a

Comments

VISTA driver that supports ("Windows Vista Ready" Desktop GPUs) starting with the GeForce FX 5xxx series.

Thanks to Dias out of Italy and Fabrice "FAQ" Roux for spreading the word :)

Changelog/Release Notes

Issues Resolved

• Bottom-field-first interlaced WMV playback shows corruption.
  • Color range is reversed in YUV to RGB, resulting in a lack of full color in videos.
  • Clone mode does not work when the external display resolution is less than the internal panel resolution.
  • The display turns blank after copying files during the NVIDIA driver installation.
  • Desktop corruption occasionally occurs after switching to Clone or Dualview mode.
  • When rotating the desktop with Desktop Window Manager on, the screen turns black.
  • During the Microsoft tool Pwrtest, the system requires more than two seconds to resume from power-saving modes.
  • Bubbles screensaver is corrupt on the secondary Dualview display.

• Unable to enter system suspend or standby mode.
  • GeForce 7 Series, NVIDIA Control Panel: The CRT flashes several times when opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  • GeForce 7 Series: When booting with a DVI connection, there is no display.
  • GeForce 7900 GTX: World of Warcraft renders only a stretched version of 2 or 1 quadrants of the screen with application antialiasing enabled.
  • GeForce 7800 GTX: Media Center Edition restarts when playing an AVI file.
  • GeForce 7300 GT/7600 GT: When playing videos using Windows Media Player 11, there is a green bar at the bottom of the video.
  • GeForce 6600: NVIDIA Control Panel: Clone and Dualview mode options are available even though only one display is connected.
  • GeForce 6600: The desktop is corrupt when switching Media Center Edition from full-screen to windowed mode.
  • GeForce 5200/5700: Video playback using Windows Media Player 11 is slow and choppy.
  • NVIDIA Quadro cards, Workstation: AutoStudio 12 application window is black or gray after maximizing. A black screen and occasional application hang also occurs with Quake4.

Documents

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: Here from Larry (v53.03 - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - v84.21) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: Here from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Mr.G (v84.21 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Heazky (v71.90 - 82.10) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from Miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7600: Here from fensterbank (v84.20 - current) @ Aspire 5652
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Here from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.5.2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Athildja-x64

• mobilenvidia

• MobileAlien

• jtzako

Any big difference between this modded INF and the last Vista one? This one isn't downloading right so I used the 96.33 one :)

Anyone figured out a way to overclock in Visa yet. coolbits/nvtray/tweak doesn't seem to enable anything in the nvida control panel along those lines .

I used the Modded INf for the 96.77 and now I have these installed in RC1 (5728) I am going to try a new install of 5744 and force these drivers to see if it fixes the stutter issue I saw in 5744.

I attempted to use the 96.37 INF since this one won't download. It installed, however I do not have aero? 96.77 did not have aero either.

I have a Geforce g0 7900 GTX, why can't I get Aero!!!! It worked fine in RC one but I have yet been able to have windows give me the option in rc 2. :) :) :P :P

After installing new drivers, you are usually going to need to rerun the Windows Experience Index test to reenable Aero.

I will try these tomorrow. Finally a Control Panel. I also noticed it has mobile files included but not sure if Aero will work as the earlier ones did not. The modified *.inf will be different since this one includes the control panel.

Download not working ..... :)

edit ®®®: We are aware that we have not uploaded the INF yet, patience pls.

Still not downloading. :)

edit ®®®: We are aware that we have not uploaded the INF yet, patience pls.

when will modded inf for this driver be awailable?

Wow, the first driver that let me run Aero without performance issues on my laptop (NVidia Quadro NVS 120 M) :)

Regards,

Benny

After installing new drivers, you are usually going to need to rerun the Windows Experience Index test to reenable Aero.

Where do I find that?

in the control pannel > under Performance Information and Tools.

This driver fixes my stutter issue in 5744.

:)

Just installed this bad boy on RC2 5744. OpenGL is working better than ever, no flickering, and I can tell a lot of things are much smoother. Working better in my dual-monitor environment too.

Rock on!

I am getting much increased disk thrashing now with 96.85 32bit on RC2 - slowing everything down, had to do a system restore to get back to normal.

Dell 9400 with T7600 Core 2 Duo, 100GB Hitachi 7200, 2gb memory, 7800 go, dual monitor.

Being new to this sort of thing can someone please tell me, now that I have it, where I should put the modded .inf file?

Never mind, I just answered my own question.

Edited by thenakedparrot

I am getting much increased disk thrashing now with 96.85 32bit on RC2 - slowing everything down, had to do a system restore to get back to normal.

Dell 9400 with T7600 Core 2 Duo, 100GB Hitachi 7200, 2gb memory, 7800 go, dual monitor.

I am not getting any disk thrashing. I have a neverwinter nights running in a window and MCE running disk usage is about what I would expect.

Was this an update or a fresh install of 5744?

Edited by Athildja-x64

I had to use the modified *.inf for the drivers to install. No problems with the drivers but the control panel is still very basic. It only allows changes to 3D and which monitor to choose. No overclocking, brightnes, or color changes for example.

I guess installing v96.85 on my Toshiba is no guarantee that I will get Aero? I'm running a GeForce FX Go5700 w/128MB. I also have DirectX 9.0c installed on my system.

Yeah the control pannel is a little bit of a dissapointment but the fact that I do not have a stutter constantly is a good thing, they can work on the control pannel later.

:)

Just installed this bad boy on RC2 5744. OpenGL is working better than ever, no flickering, and I can tell a lot of things are much smoother. Working better in my dual-monitor environment too.

Rock on!

I am still getting insane amounts of flickering in my games. (CSS HL2) the source engine... I have a M1710 2gb ram and a 7900 gtx.. any one else get the flickering fixed by this?

Can't get this driver to work (previous Vista and modded INF files have worked well). I wonder if they are locking the later drivers down to specific hardware.

I get a "Code 43 error", Driver has been disabled.

Anyone seen this, know how to fix this? Running RC2 build of Vista Home Premium.