LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba 2450, Geforce 4 420 go 32mb, Driver reboot failure

Guest PartyMarty

Guest PartyMarty

Hey everybody!

Great Site! Found lots of information about my issue but unfortunately I have been unable to solve to sove my problem!

Here are my laptop specs:

Toshiba Satellite 2450

Geforce 4 420 go

Bios Information: Version 4.17.00.59.F9

Currently Installed Driver: 4.6.3.4

My Problem!

I just bought a new external monitor from Samsung (SyncMaster 205BW) which has an optimized resolution at 1680x1050. Unfortunatly turns out the closet resolution my card is showing is 1600x1200 but everything is a bit squashed! The card show resolutions much higher up to 2048x1536 so it must be able to display the resolution I want! I when ahead and searched this site found Bills list or recommended drivers and installed the first one with the modified file. Everything installed fine but when I reboot I get a blue screen of death! I then tried the other two drivers in the list and got the same result! I then searched this site some more and found that people where recommending the 77.77 driver which I also installed but again blue screen of death!

Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have any recomendations?

The optimal driver for your GPU must be the 44.68... unfortunately the moded INF is missing.

René please reupload the moded INF.

Guest PartyMarty

Hey thanks for the responce!

I just attempted a fresh install of 77.77 and what do you know it works! No blue screen of death! My only problem now is that I still can't set the resolution I want! Using the add custom resolution tool I was able to add 1640x1050 which helps but the text still looks wrong! When I try to add 1680x1050 I get an error message that says "unable to add resolution! Anybody have any ideas?