LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v97.46 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, DELL, SONY, HP/COMPAQ

mobilenvidia

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bedrock

• Jeroen

• mobilenvidia

• Benny0583

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works perfectly for me thanks. After much struggling and no resolution to an EDID problem with my external LCD using previous versions, I can finally run it at it's native resolution of 1680x1050 using these drivers :)

Unless I missed it on a previous release, this driver has some new colour options in the Control Panel too.

Installed fine on my Dell M1710 also Fixed my 1440x900 resolution (external monitor) resolution problem. Last versions would only allow 1280x800 and 1920x1200 on the external monitor even though its native resolution is 1440x900.

Seems stable also - not as much flicker/junk when booting Vista.

Installed fine on my Dell Latitude D820. But for me these drivers are slower than 97.19.

Flickers were reduced when booting.

Waiting for the next release...

Seems to work, but this driver identifies my Quadro NVS120M (in a Latitude D820) as a "GeForce Go 7400"?

Same performance rating (3.7 Graphics, 3.2 Gaming graphics) as with the Microsoft driver, which seems a bit disappointing for this card.

-Stian

Seems to work, but this driver identifies my Quadro NVS120M (in a Latitude D820) as a "GeForce Go 7400"?

Same performance rating (3.7 Graphics, 3.2 Gaming graphics) as with the Microsoft driver, which seems a bit disappointing for this card.

-Stian

Some OEM's, Dell being one of them had Quadro NVS's that share the same PCI_ID with their non-quadro counterparts.

So the

Quadro NVS120M = Geforce go7400

Quadro NVS110M = Geforce go7300

Internally they are almost identical, except I assume the Quadro NVS's do something different to the Geforce's (not even exactly what)

There is no need to worry this is only the INF identifier, the video BIOS will distinguish the right GPU.

You should be able to double check this in the display properties.

The Quadro NVS's do have their own PCI_ID's as well.

Not sure why nV made 2 different versions of them, they may have blundered and taken the go7400 ID and fixed this later.

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D7.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300"

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400"

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D9.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 GS"

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01DA.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M"

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01DB.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M"

Actually it probably is a mistake they nV have made with the ID's

I can see what may have happened by looking above (never really noticed it before.

NVS120M = 1DB, 1D8 = Geforce go7400

The B and the 8 could very easily have been confused by an apprentice :)

Woohoo!

I finally have brightness controls in Nvidia Control Panel, I'm no longer tethered to the wall!

Very stable release, more and more features working every release...this keeps getting better and better.

Seem to be working better than any previous version on my sony, no noticable glitches during windows startup anymore

--

bedrock

@Stian:

Yes, all modded inf-files from here identify my Quadro NVS 120 M as Geforce Go 7400. So I mod the modded inf-file again :)

However, performance is still not very good with the NVS 120 M, I hope there will be performance increases in the next months (remember, the first XP drivers weren't very fast either)...

Regards,

Benny

@Stian:

Yes, all modded inf-files from here identify my Quadro NVS 120 M as Geforce Go 7400. So I mod the modded inf-file again :)

However, performance is still not very good with the NVS 120 M, I hope there will be performance increases in the next months (remember, the first XP drivers weren't very fast either)...

Regards,

Benny

I think Dell must have gotten the wrongly (I can assume) PCI_ID'ed GPU's at a garage sale :)

No need to worry with the wrong naming as they are basically the same GPU.

There will be one thing though, as it's using the go7400 parts of the modded INF this will mean the Quadro special features arn't enabled :P

What you guys should do is if you still want the Quadro enhancements the modded INFs offer is to 'Force' an install of the Quadro NVS120M (PCI_ID 1DB) this will fix the naming and Quadro features enableing.

The whole reaon each GPU should have it's own PCI_ID as what you see now can happen.

Dell will have to make seperate parts of an INF to cater for the go7400 (as in the XPS M1210) and the Quadro NVS120M (as in the D820)

Very silly me thinks.

I installed these today on my laptop with 7900gs. So far no issues but I havent had a chance to try gaming yet.

I notice the control panel doesnt automatically generate a windows "did this control panel work" message.

The control panel did lock up for a minute when I clicked the "graph" tab on the color screen. But it eventually recovered on its own.

Anyone know why I dont see any of the "overclock" options that this control panel is supposed to have? I have flashed my 7900gs per instructions on this site to a higher clock/memory.

Nothing new here. Everything worked under the previus version on my laptop and it does on this one. :)

Some issues with my external monitor thow but those where the same with a previus version.

Issues resolved:

• When disconnecting the cable and connecting it again the external monitor gets to be the primary monitor ( correct)
  • Less flickering when switching between monitor's
  • No more screwing up the order of screens ( with one is on the left and on the right)

Issues still not resolved:

• when disconnecting the monitor my full screen windows aren't fullly fullscreen.

• When disconnected remote desktop still things I'm on a 22" monitor with a bit of scrolling as a result.

The monitor's is a HP W22 connected via HDMI on my laptop. I use a HDMI to DVI cable to connect them.

Franky

btw Vista recognises the new screen instantly when connecting it the first time and kindly askes you what to do with it. Really great ! Ow and HDMI is a really really good connector ! No fizzling about with a vga or ###### dvi that never want's to fit. This one just slides in and stay's in rock solid.

Hm, still can't get my secondary monitor to work on my Toshiba M200. I really hope they fix this soon, since I've been using the original XP drivers to get it. Aero worked briefly, though it's gone now and won't come back until I reboot.

I am New to these boards.

Thanks for the drivers!, upgrade from original Microsoft WHQL/Nvidia Drivers.

Seem to Flicker a bit during games coming loading up, also seem to have lost fps in games,

but I am going to keep it for now. Also lost 1680x1050 setting in World of Warcraft.

If not runs NWN2, World of Warcraft and CoH, have to downgrade in resolution to 1280x1024

to be playable.

Score on Vista = 4.7 (unchanged)

Houman

Hi, can someone tell me something I'm confused about:

Apparently since these drivers are whql it should pass verfication during install (I know you can say install anyway) but is it because of the custom inf you download from this site?

I would like some whql drivers for my go 7400 so I can install them from a thumb drive during vista setup, so in first boot I already have video drivers installed. :) I hope nvidia releases a set on their website soon... they probably will in early february, I wonder if it will be the 100 set. :)

Good site overall, I wanna thank you chaps for having a driver ahead of the windows update driver for vista.

You'll have to wait for an official driver from your OEM... if your OEM sends it's drivers thru WHQL process. The WHQL certificate signs the driver files including the INF file. Once you use a modded INF file the WHQL is not valid anymore.

Hey,

These drivers seem to work great. :)

I see from the .inf file that there are smartdimmer entries. Does anyone know how I enable these features?

Thanks.

Hi everybody!

Tried this one a few days ago, and it doesn't worked for me (Dell Inspiron 9300, Geforce 6800 Go 256 MB). FEAR and Scarface are running fine with the Vista-built-in driver, 97.46 just shows a black screen (FEAR) or a lot of 3D-garbage (Scarface). Even the framerate in World of Warcraft dropped 10-20%.

Nope, switching back to an older version.

Regards,

Dirk

Hi,

I'm guessing this is a known issue for some people (and it prolly doesn't happen to everyone) but with these drivers and the previous set it takes about a good minute for the screen to flash (is this some kind of initialization) before I can gonnect to my pppoe connection. Also generally most things run slower until the flash happens. These are the only 2 sets I've tried on the notebook as I've gotten it only recently so I can't say if it holds true for the other older sets.

I'm guessing this is one of the things that might be fixed when the oem releases a whql set and/or when nvidia releases a go whql set?

Thanks

Edited by dzjepp

I found a problem on my sony laptop with this driver, but it only happens some times.

When i close lid, the screen goes black, when i open lid again, screen does not light up, it stays black and however much i press keys or move mouse it stays black :) I have to hit power button for standby and then wake up from standby to get display back.

--

bedrock

Still no Overclocking :)

Also, when I close my PC's lid and the monitor "turns itself off" it wont turn back on again until I either restart the PC or i send it to sleep and wake it up...

Edited by luiseargote

Ok, this is the weirdest thing happen.

I decided I am going to rollback to the Enterprise Drivers (WHQL) from this driver, so I click rollback, and it does it, then I decided to remove the Nvidia drivers so go to add-remove, and remove them, it does it and asks for a reboot, so I reboot. When the system comes back up, I am in vga mode. I try to make the system find the WHQL drivers and no go, so I decide to uninstall the drivers (vga) and reboot, thinking it might auto-detect the whql on next reboot. On Next Reboot, it finds the video card, asks me which card I want to install, the VGA or the GeForce 7900 GS v97.46 (!!!!) which i thought I had removed by add-remove (I had not done a driverclean -- don't know if they have that program ported to Vista), so anyways, I reboot using the 7900gs option, and I am back to 97.46 GeFoce 7900gs.

Now to make it even more weird, all the artifacts were gone, WoW is back to 60fps, and I could run both WoW and CoH in 1900x1200 and the fps was nice.

I don't play games on the laptop, (just on XP/Desktop -- 7900 GTX), but I like to play around with Vista to get myself ready with it on the laptop, so far it's be ok I guess.

:)

Houman

^wow... that IS weird... why do you have such a monster laptop if you game on your desktop BTW??? wouldn't it have been better to buy a thinner & lighter laptop?