LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v94.24 XP 32bit |

mobilenvidia

As usual with my 7800 Go GTX, anything newer than 84.63 means a 1000 point loss in 3DMark05.

I had to hack my own INF today though, because there isn't one to download above yet. I setup the INF as if my Go was a regular desktop 7800 GTX by doing some copy and pasting in the INF.

It is sad that NV won't make a driver that works well with these 7800 Go boards!

Hello There!

I am not sure if I am allowed to post on that topic but lets ask!

:)

Basically I have the same config than someone here (dell inspiron 9400 with a 7900gs go?)

I tried many downloads it says the dreadful message as in your explaining topic (hardware not compatible with your current version, or something).

I read carefully in details the FAQ, and that I need a moded inf, because virtually all drivers are compatible with all Nvidia cards...

But:

that one even after replacing the proper .inf, it still says the error!

(i dowloaded the inf from this same page)

And what about that version:

Operating System: Windows XP/2K 32bit

Driver Version: 97.73 (9.7.7.3)

Is that famous for being good?

I mean to stay in the topic 94.24, I am not sure that this new version will be good!!

(provided it works one day, haha)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: i installed the 9773 with the modified inf pn this website it worked! (ie it installed properly).

Cheers for the website!

Edited by bugmenot

Hello,

please when was this drivers released ? Here the driver date says "Driver Date: 2007-04-19". Other sites says this driver is the last official drivers for XP/2K 32bit released on 2007-05-19.

I'm also a bit confused with the driver versions for win XP. The driver aviable for download from nVidia site is 94.24 but here http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/xp we can find drivers with a much higher version. Could you explain be a bit ?

thanks.

Found the answer in the FAQ.

Q [ From Nvidia's site, it seems the latest driver version is 56.72. So how can you guys have 6x.xx versions? ]

A [ OEM/ODM releases, FTPs, Newspages, 'BETA' releases ... ]

Everyone, it looks like 94.24 uses the same file structure as the 97 series drivers. If you use one of the recent 97 infs it should work. Just change the version line to:

DriverVer = 04/19/2007, 6.14.10.9424

Okay - thanks for letting us know. Offhand, I can't say why it fails. If the inf were tryiing to load a missing file, it would notify you and ask you if you want to cancel, retry, or browse for the file.

It should be easy to fix. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and try to make a version that works.

The attached inf should work. (At least it works for me.)

Note there is a rather long pause during the installation - make sure it has plenty of time to complete before deciding it's failed. If it does hang, try uninstalling your previous driver before installing this one.

If it installs correctly, let me know and I'll add it to the top post.

Thanks!

nv4_disp.inf

Guest Raven

What do you mean with "rather long"? I'm sitting here for half an hour, waiting for nvcodins.dll to be copied into system32 Folder...

I tried to copy in manually but I can't find this file in the installation directory (I think it's packed in one of the unopenable .cab archives).

I'll let you know if something changes...

That's the pause I was referring to. In my case it resumed after several minutes and the installation completed normally. I have no idea what it's doing during that time.

It looks like it works for some people but not for others. Did you both try uninstalling your previous driver before installing this one?

I wish we knew what was going on during that pause. It's not copying files, so it must be polling features or dong some configuration.

Guest Raven

Yes I uninstalled the old one.

I even used the Driverheaven Drivercleaner Pro & Cab-cleaner to get rid of all remaining reg- and sys32 entries.

I also tried to use your .inf with the NVIDIA distributed 94.24 Bundle but it was always the same.

And there's something else; Normally my screen flickers a few times when I'm in the middle of installing new drivers(when standard VGA-Driver's loaded). It's like the driver would change the resolution or something. But with the 92.24 theres nothing like this. The computer is just copying files.

Btw:

I got an ASUS G1:

15.4" 1650x1080

GF Go 7700 512MB dedicated

Core2Duo T7200

2 GB DDR2 667 RAM

160 GB HDD

etc etc

(I have to get an account by the time...)

The flickers happen when the driver tries to configure itself for your machine, and that's where the hang is happening. It looks like this driver uses a different method for configuring itself, which isn't compatible with your hardware.

One other option you can try is to boot into Safe Mode and install from there. That method someties works when everything else has failed.

I have the weird pauses with my 7800 Go GTX, too. I have been stuck with the official 84.6x drivers because of this. Between the long pauses during install and afterwards in Windows, and a 1000pt loss in 3Dmark, it's just a mess really.

Based on the posts here, I'd consider this an experimental driver. It seems to work very well for some people (including me), and very poorly for others.

Use it at your own risk - and be prepared to move on to another driver if it doesn't work.

The inf in the top post should work for almost everyone. Note that there are some machines that can't install this driver. There is a rather long pause during the installation, and some machines just hang there and never proceed any farther.

94.24 does work well for most people, but be prepared to revert to another driver if needed.

Try this INF, I just changed the version # in the 94.20 INF and it worked flawlessly (I used the official package from NVIDIA's site)

nv4_disp.inf

Guest Blahman

Thanks for sharing but I am still having probs. You sure you're using the brand new release from NVIDIA and not some earlier release that works with the older INFs? I am still getting installation errors even with the INF you posted. These were different though, something about unable to open NVCPL.dll and a few other files. Then I tried the have disk method and it said the installation method in the INF was invalid or something along those lines. I have used Driver Cleaner PE 1.5 before each install and after each unsuccessful install, and I'm using safe mode. I redownloaded the NVIDIA WHQL 94.24 again to make sure and still same stuff. Doing the usual method I always do, run the installer until it finds no compatible hardware, replace the INF in the NVIDIA\Win2KXP\94.24 folder, run the setup.exe and about 2/3s the way through the install before I get the various error messages, depending on which INF I used. Short story, it ain't working for me still, and I don't know what I could be doing wrong, so maybe it's just my system, but I doubt it I have used other drivers from LV2G without these install errors. Most of the other 90 series drivers either hang sporadically on the desktop or BSOD in games, so it's either this or DELL's 84.69's...

I have a DELL XPS Gen 2 notebook w/ GF Go 7800 GTX.

Guest Blahman

Here is the list of files the installer can't find after swapping in either the original LV2G or LSudlow's INF. They all end in r -- what is the significance of that?

nvdispsr.dll

nvgamesr.dll

nvmccssr.dll

nvmoblsr.dll

nvvitvsr.dll

nvwssr.dll