LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v158.16 VISTA 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 158.16 for Windows Vista 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Driver Version: 158.16

Driver Date: 2007-04-06 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 30.79 MB

Driver Released by: DELL

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_0191&SUBSYS_039C10DE] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
[DEV_0194&SUBSYS_046510DE] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
[DEV_0400&SUBSYS_043810DE] NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED
  • n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

Guest Guest

:) I had a problem on a new Dell Inspiron 6400 with GeForce Go 7300. Thanks to these forums I downloaded the above v158.16 fileset.

My original problems started after I upgraded to Vista Ultimate. The nVidia control panel only listed 3D mode and panel rotation options. I could not adjust/calibrate my color settings or my resolution. I called Dell support and after hours of troubleshooting they decided they'd send me a replacement LCD screen. I had a lingering suspicion that this was software related. So after I upgraded to the above, all of these options are available to me and I'm enjoying a wonderful GPU unit. Thanks folks at laptopvideo2go.com - U Rock!!!! :P :)

Thanks,

Chocka

anyone know if these work w/ SLi ? running an m9700 here

Guest Mark

FYI everyone here I haven't particularly noticed any speed improvements in the latest driver - just more crashing where windows keeps popping up saying the driver has crashed and been restarted :)

FYI everyone here I haven't particularly noticed any speed improvements in the latest driver - just more crashing where windows keeps popping up saying the driver has crashed and been restarted :)

I think I've tested every 101.x, 158.x and 160.x driver, but Nvidia doesn't seem to provide any stable drivers for Vista. :) I've got a lot of these driver crashes and even blue screens.

I'm using the the 158.18 now and it sucks because I can't even adjust my screen brightness.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A100-VA9 with a Go 7600 and I'm using Vista H.P.

Can I use this driver for my laptop?

Just a newb question, can we not get refrence drivers, form nvida? I didn't see for 7600 but, i mean for my 9600 i could always get catalist drivers for my old emachines laptop.

Guest Johnno

Nope, Nvidia don't release laptop drivers - they provide reference drivers to manufacturers only, and *they* test, tweak and release them.... when they get around to it!

Fortunately for us the differences between drivers released by different manufacturers are mainly differences in the INF files (locking the driver to an exact model of laptop, etc etc)

Sites like this package the latest binaries from one manufacturer with an "universal" INF file

They may work, they may not. If your laptop manufacturer is slack in releasing the latest drivers then these are your best bet.

HTH.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and certainly am glad I found this place. I have an nVidia GeForce Go!7300 on a Dell 6400/E1505 Inspiron. I've managed to learn from reading the FAQ's, loads of un-answered questions. I've noticed this particular update(158.16 driver) seems quite popular and was just curious why? I went ahead and installed version 165 on here and it works great. Thanks for making this website available! I bought a GeForce due to it's reputation and was appauled when realizing updates for laptop GPU's were scarce...sad really. Thanks again guys for a great website!

Edited by ddraney