Community Led Driver Recommendations-GeForce Go 6xxx Series

Bill

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6xxx Series Driver Recommendation  

10 members have voted

1. 1. XP 32bit_Best Overall Driver. Recommended to install

2. 2. XP 64bit_Best Overall Driver. Recommended to install

3. 3. VISTA 32bit_Best Overall Driver. Recommended to install

4. 4. VISTA 64bit_Best Overall Driver. Recommended to install

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6xxx Series Driver Recommendation.

• GPUs:
  • NV41_DEV_00C8=GeForce Go 6800
  • NV41_DEV_00C9=GeForce Go 6800 Ultra
  • NV41_DEV_00CC=Quadro FX Go1400
  • NV43_DEV_0144=GeForce Go 6600
  • NV43_DEV_0146=GeForce Go 6600 TE/6200 TE
  • NV43_DEV_0148=GeForce Go 6600
  • NV43_DEV_0149=GeForce Go 6600 GT
  • NV44_DEV_0164=GeForce Go 6200
  • NV44_DEV_0166=GeForce Go 6400 / Go 6250
  • NV44_DEV_0167=GeForce Go 6200 / Go 6400
  • NV44_DEV_0168=GeForce Go 6400 / Go 6200
  • C51_DEV_0244=GeForce Go 6150
  • C51_DEV_0247=GeForce Go 6100

UPDATES

2007-09-16: changed layout

RECOMMENDED DRIVER AS OF 2007-09-16:

Please vote instead of us counting the recommendations :)

WHY AND HOW TO POST

We figured that a moderator led driver recommendation topic is difficult to maintain as we don't have the time and means to test the mobile features plus additionally benchmark the speed for each game of every released driver on all kind of existant NVIDIA GPUs. That's where you come in charge.

In this thread you can post what driver(s) works predominantly bugfree with your NVIDIA-driven laptop. Bugfree for the majority means proper TV-Out and Video Playback, no Standby or Resume from Hibernation issues (no Black Screen), no Lid-closing anomalies, no missing Control Panel, working PowerMizer or a low-level PowerSaving feature (use RivaTuner to check). If this is given, a benchmark comparison between those working drivers is a welcome plus.

As for games: minor Image Quality, low performance (FPS), texture misalignment or other general issues with certain games do NOT prevent a Driver Recommendation, but certainly should be mentioned.

Be specific as possible when describing your recommendation as that's the important part for readers:

1. Laptop:
    make and model
  2. OS:
    XP, VISTA; 32bit (x86) or 64bit
  3. DEV_ID & Name:
    What card you use? See list above.
  4. Driver_Version_Recommended:
    What mobile features you use does work? Is performance great?. Example: "This driver has really good performance in UT3." or "This driver has better quality than xx.xx in game XXX."
  5. Driver_Version_Avoid:
    Installation fails pityful, BSOD, missing Control Panel etc.

Additional information about Benchmark results and OverClocking ability:

• A. Benchmarks:
    with bugfree drivers only; also tell the reader what version of 3DMark you use. HERE's a suggestion of how a nice post layout for your comprehensive benchmarks can look like.
    Please do NOT post benchmarks only. Use the given benchmark threads, open up a new one (with at least 21 compared drivers) or generally use the benchmark section of this forum.
  • B. OC:
    Overclocking results might also be interesting.

Even if you point out one good or bad driver for your card, you have helped the community.

Well enough talk, let the posting began!

Edited by ®®®

Alright... I will post first.. :) I have a Geforce Go 6600 (128MB) in my Toshiba M40 and I know it's a really crap card nowadays. I'm using the 94.40 driver for Company of Heroes and getting 30+ fps with HIGH shaders. With LOW shaders I get about 50 fps average, which is pretty good imo.

However, before that I was using the 158.22 drivers and that driver completely sucked at displaying Company of Heroes. With HIGH shaders I get around 18fps average which is sort of laggy... With LOW shaders I get around 30fps average which is much worse than the 94.40 driver.

Conclusion: Don't use 158.22 for Company of Heroes if you have a 6600 like myself! Thanks for reading! :)

Guest Rivendel

Hello,

using a DELL Precision M90 with a Nvidia Quadro 2500M (512MB) under Windows Vista Ultimate. The best driver for me is 160.03.

Good performance and only one Glitch with hot dock/undock.

Regards

Rivendel

I'm using a Go 6200TC in a Sony S4XP - I have tried quite a few drivers for this now, and haven't really come up with anything that is rock solid in Vista. The best one so far is 158.18. I tried 165.01 for a long time, but I didn't notice how slow it was until I 'upgraded' to 158.18 - The usual problems I have are when I switch Vista in to reduced-power mode, so that I can preserve battery life on the road. The display driver often stops working and throws errors around, while it's stable as a rock when I'm using 'full power' mode.

I don't have any 3DMark scores for my setup, as really I'm not a huge game player - I'm just looking for reliability and quick performance in the OS and in Adobe.

K

Guest sunairport

I have a Dell Latitude D820 with the Quadro NVS 120m card. This card for all intents and purposes is exactly the same hardware as a Go7400 and Quadro FX 350m (upon hardware inspection and comparison with a Precision M65, the chips are identical, and it even says FX 350m on it). I am unsure which is the best driver for this card, but I believe it to be series 100 drivers. I am using 101.19 which is the latest driver that Dell has (actually supposed to be for the NVS 140m in the Latitude D830 but I think this is pretty much the same card as well just with new DirectX extensions), with the modded inf found on this site (I am using the 64 bit drivers with Vista Ultimate x64).

If you have a Go7400, NVS 110m or NVS 120m, or Quadro FX 350m, please let me know what driver you are using and how it works for you. (I'd like to know this for users of the NVS 135m or NVS 140m or Quadro FX 360m as well).

Cheers!

Guest NightwalkerxXx

I`m usin a sony vaio fs760/w with geforce go6400 128mb turbocache. And my driver is now97.94. But i cannot take much performance from my card. im asking a good driver for my graphic card if there s a anyone who use this card please post message please what driver he is using. And the drivers 1**.** i cannot use them with inf or witout inf files the control pannel cant open. so that im usin under 100 drivers only thats working.

my system is that

Intel Pentium M Processor 750 (1.86 GHz) 2MB L2 Cache

1.5gb ddr2sodimm ram

100gb hard disk

geforce go6400 128mb turbocache

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm running a geforce go 6800 (I *think* 256mb though I could be wrong) on a dell inspiron 9300...

Just wanted to tell you guys that I still swear by the 84.25s, brilliant performance all across the board. I'm wondering, though, if anyone's had better perfomance with any other drivers.

cheer! ;D

I have a Go 6400 on my Sony Vaio.

Back when I had windows XP the fastest driver I found was 84.74 by Alienware

I would recommend 81.98. It gets about 1 fps less in CSS on the same settings. But it doesn't have the "yellow sky" problem when playing STALKER. So I'm guessing it will have less problems overall.

Some other good ones are 84.25 and 84.69. Stick to the 80's I guess.

Hey, has anyone found a good driver for the go 6400 on Vista? I haven't found a good one yet.

I used to get about 40 fps in CSS and now I barely get 30 :)

Updated.

Please post your recommendations according to the guidelines in the first post of this thread.

• 1 month later...

I have a Dell E1705 with a 7900GS Go. I use the 94.22 drivers from this website. They work extremely well. This was after trying out newer drivers and getting DirectX crash errors and screen corruption. Note that the drivers I used were specifically designed for laptops.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a alienware area51m-7700

3gigs p4

geforce go 6800 vid card

1 gig ram (going to get another gig soon)

windows xp pro media center 32-bit

i just tried driver v169.04 and it didnt work for me..my screen had vertical ines and after reboot it went to blue screen...

i uninstalled it and stuck in my old v91.33 driver...

whats the best bet for me?? (aside from buying a new laptop..hehehe)

also will screwing around with these drivers damage any of my hardware (motherboard,etc)??? that blue screen scrared me..hehehe luckily last known good config worked...

cheers

Edited by who13

Try 163.75.

The drivers shouldn't damage your hardware unless you overclock it. Keep in mind the 169.04 driver is a beta driver to begin with, mod INF or not it could be unstable.

thanx 4 the reply..i actually tried that driver you just mentioned and it did the same thing...went all crazy..so i uninstalled it and stuck in 163.67 and so far so good..

do you have any idea why the 163.75 didnt work for me?? i even checked nvidia site and it says my card is compatible...

also do you suggest i try the newest one when the inf is ready ?? (169.09)

ive been considering getting a new card for this notebook..going to have to research which would work with my motherboar,etc (clevo D900T)...

but in the meantine id like to find the best driver for the latest games,etc...

thanx again

You can always try 169.09, but if your not running Crysis you probably won't see any performance increase.

Make sure you uninstall your driver and reboot before you install the new one, especially if your downgrading (could be BSOD cause)

Crysis probably won't work very well on that card unless you turn the graphics down to medium or lower. (unless its improved since the demo)

well i just uninstalled 163.67..it apeared to work (even tried crysis with it) and it got further than any of the other drivers i tried so far with the game..

BUT after rebooting the vertical funky lines appeared and then went away again and it got stuck (desktop)..than it appeared fine but i figured its just going to keep happening so i went back to V91.33...

any other suggestions for a drver thats better than what im using now?? i thought 163.67 would be the one but its still having issues with my system...

also could it be the custom inf im sticking in thats causing all these drivers not to work for me???? (i get them from here obviously)..

cheers

UPDATE..i tried the 169.09 and same thing as the others..vertical lines,etc....

im also going to update to the latest directx nov..maybe that was the cause?

Edited by who13

Try some 15x series drivers then.

With an Inspiron 9300 and 6800Go, 32-bit XP, so far the 6800Go-specific OEM 84.30 is the only one that works flawlessly for me in games and video, plus of course normal 2D. 84.25 might be almost the same thing, and 84.69 is close but missing the temperature monitor in the control panel. I've tried newer drivers, and will be trying more, but so far everything from the 15x and 160 series, including those with the 6800Go in the original .inf, either won't load the control panel, making the driver useless, or I get a blue screen when installing. Theres still more drivers to try as some other forum members with 9300/6800 configs seem to have other drivers woking, but I'm just hoping a magical 160 series mobile driver comes along.

• 1 month later...

On my Inspiron 9300 (6800go, 32-bit XP) I use the 87.25 (with moded inf) - the last one of Release 80. The main reason for this being it has a flawless video filtering quality. It is to my knowledge the last one which has an acceptable video-playback quality - for all newer Releases (90 and up) the filtering quality decreases drastically (in an ugly blocky like way) - I think it's because they now use a standard bilinear instead of the old 5/7-tap filter.

Unfortunately this version has a bug with shadows in crysis (so the only reasonable setting is low for shadows). I also tried out the newest 169.13 which fixes the shadow-issue and felt a bit faster in crysis (that is not benchmaked but from my personal impression). Other than this it works flawlessly for me - all games (up until crysis) with no issues, hibernation works without troubles.

That being said, if anyone knows a way to enable proper filtering in the newer drivers - I would be glad to hear it (because in this case my recommendation would probalby be the 169.xx).

Edited by MP1

• 3 weeks later...

I had problems with the .13 in steam and had to goto the 169.04 for more stability.

Edit : Oops read the 6 as an 8 this should be for the 8XXX area

Edited by Damitri

• 4 months later...

Can anyone help me out? I can't find a good driver for my Sony Vaio GeForce Go 6400 that would run on Vista...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Procyon

heya, i've been using 175.16 for a week or something.. the games run normally but i can't open the NVControl Panel so i can change the graphics configuration options. I can get some options sorted out, but after i restart my computer it simply goes back to the previous configurations. :Z

(my graphics card is a 6600 on a toshiba g20) anyone recommend me anything?

• 3 weeks later...

i have amd turion x 64 1.8 ghz hewlett packard 6448 special edition notebook

2gb ram and i have nvidia ge force 6150 graphic card which i cant find best driver , im wondering if u can help for best bill

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running a 6800 Go Ultra on my Dell XPS Gen 2 and I noticed with Vista using 91.xx driver from Dell, that the D3D apps seem to skip a frame every 1-2 seconds, but its not unbearable. I noticed this watching the snow fall in the Warcraft 3 menu. So I just upgraded to 163.67 and everything seems to be running better but I still have that issue. I read around the forums and it seems to be a common problem with Vista and the drivers. Anyone try any 169.xx driver that seems to work well?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm running a 6800 Go Ultra on my Dell XPS Gen 2 and I noticed with Vista using 91.xx driver from Dell, that the D3D apps seem to skip a frame every 1-2 seconds, but its not unbearable. I noticed this watching the snow fall in the Warcraft 3 menu. So I just upgraded to 163.67 and everything seems to be running better but I still have that issue. I read around the forums and it seems to be a common problem with Vista and the drivers. Anyone try any 169.xx driver that seems to work well?

I'm still having trouble. Disabling aero did nothing. Even dragging windows around, screensavers, games, video clips, etc. skip a frame every few seconds and its annoying. Can anyone recommend any version driver for XPS Gen 2 - nVidia 6800 Ultra Go for Vista 32bit?

Edited by aholodak

• 4 weeks later...

geforce go 6600 128mb on a asus z71v.

xp sp2.

I'm trying to find some good drivers for the 6600 go. Right now i can't play Grimm on gametap, it just refuses to launch.

I've tried the 84.25 drivers and they work great, but they aren't very recent, and have probs in a few recent games.

I tried a couple of the more recent ones (163.75 and another i can't remember) but didn't manage to get them installed.

Anyone had any luck on a 6600 with any newer drivers?

cheers