Driver for Windows 7 / Vista in both x86 and x64:

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.48.31 driver DriverVer=01/13/2010, 5.60.48.31

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.189.1 driver DriverVer=12/15/2009, 5.60.189.1

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.48.18 driver DriverVer=12/08/2009, 5.60.48.18

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.188.1 driver DriverVer=11/09/2009, 5.60.188.1

Setup.exe may report device not supported, but manual install via Device Manager works just fine.

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.18.41 driver DriverVer=10/23/2009, 5.60.18.41

Driver for XP in both x86 and x64:

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.18.9 driver DriverVer=08/25/2009, 5.60.18.9

Driver for Win7 / Vista both x86 and x64:

Broadcom 943xx v5.60.18.8 driver DriverVer=08/21/2009, 5.60.18.8

Broadcom 943xx v5.30.21.0 driver DriverVer=07/07/2009, 5.30.21.0

Broadcom 943xx v5.30.18.0 driver DriverVer=06/15/2009, 5.30.18.0

Driver for Vista and XP in both x86 and x64:

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.105.0 driver DriverVer=05/12/2009, 5.10.105.0

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.91.13 driver DriverVer=05/22/2009, 5.10.91.13

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.91.8 driver

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.91.4 driver

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.79.5 driver

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.38.26 driver

Broadcom 943xx v5.10.38.14 driver

Broadcom 943xx v4.170.77.3 driver

Driver for Vista x86 and x64 only:

Broadcom 943xx v4.170.27.17 driver

Driver for both WinXP and Vista in both x86 and x64 flavours:

Broadcom 943xx v4.170.27.12 driver

This driver is for WinXP ONLY :)

Broadcom 943xx v4.150.29.0 driver

This comes with modded INF that enables all tweaks to be changed, and all broadcom 5000 series cards to install.

Should work fine with WinXP and Vista

Broadcom 943xx v4.150.22.0 driver

Here is a glossary of terms found in the device manger in system properties:

The Advanced tab from the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter Properties allows you to view and change the values of the available properties.

To access the Advanced tab to view the available properties, right-click the Wireless Network Connection icon in the notification area, click Properties, click Configure from the General tab, and then click Advanced.

To view the value of a property, click the name of the property in the Property list. The property value is displayed in the Value box. To change the value, click an option in the Value list or type a new value, as appropriate (selection options are different for different properties).

The available properties and their respective settings are described below.

NOTE: Some of the properties may not be available on your model of Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter. For those properties that are available, the default value may be different than indicated.

802.11a

This property allows you to specify the rate (in Mbit/s) at which data is transmitted for IEEE 802.11a operation. The possible values are: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, and 54. The default is set to Use best Rate.

NOTE: The default value for this property is set for maximum performance. Therefore, It is not recommended for home users to change the value. Only network administrators or technicians with wireless LAN experience should attempt to make any changes.

802.11b/g

This property allows you to specify the rate (in Mbit/s) at which data is transmitted for IEEE 802.11b/g operation. The possible values are: 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 18, 24, 36 48, and 54 . The default is set to Use best Rate.

NOTE: The default value for this property is set for maximum performance. Therefore, It is not recommended for home users to change the value. Only network administrators or technicians with wireless LAN experience should attempt to make any changes.

802.11h

The 802.11h property configures the advanced radio control of the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter by an associated access point. The features are enabled when set to either Loose or Strict. When set to Strict, the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter will only associate to access points supporting IEEE 802.11h protocols when operating in regions with special restrictions on radio operation. When set to Loose, the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter will not restrict associations based on the access point IEEE 802.11h support.

Disabled (default)

Loose

Strict

Antenna Diversity

Antenna Diversity is a function included in most wireless LAN equipment that has two antennas, Main and Aux. When set to Auto, Antenna Diversity monitors the signal from each antenna and automatically switches to the one with the better signal.

Auto (default).

Aux.

Main.

Bluetooth Collaboration

Bluetooth Collaboration enables general purpose input/output transmit suppression protocol between the IEEE 802.11 media access control (MAC) and an external Bluetooth chip to minimize transmit interference. Bluetooth Collaboration is enabled by default.

Enable (default)

Disable

BSS Mode

BSS mode is used to to restrict the IEEE 802.11b/g band to IEEE 802.11b only mode. BSS Mode applies to access point configured networks.

Default (default)

802.11b Only

IBSS 54g? Mode

IBSS mode is used to restrict the IEEE 802.11b/g band to IEEE 802.11b only mode, to enable the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter to automatically select the IEEE 802.11 b/g band, and to assign other preferences. IBSS Mode applies to ad hoc configured networks.

802.11b Only (default)

54g - Auto

54g - LRS

54g - Performance

IBSS 54g? Protection Mode

A mechanism of prefixing each OFDM data frame with a request to send/clear to send (RTS/CTS) complimentary code keying (CCK) frame sequence. The duration fields of the RTS and CTS frames should allow the IEEE 802.11b node to correctly set its network allocation vector (NAV) and avoid collisions with the subsequent OFDM frames. As required for Wi-FiĀ®, protection mechanisms are enabled automatically whenever an IEEE 802.11b STA joins the BSS. If no IEEE 802.11b STA joins, then no protection mechanism is used and full IEEE 802.11g performance is attained.

Auto

Disabled

IBSS Channel Number

IBSS Channel Number selects the independent basic service set (IBSS) channel number on which to operate. The default channel for ad hoc networks is channel 11.

IBSS Mode

IBSS Mode is used to set the connection type in an ad hoc network. The following options are available:

802.11b Mode (default). Links only with IEEE 802.11b networks at the highest rate. Also, it excludes IEEE 802.11g networks.

Normal

AP Compatibility Mode

Some older APs may have implementations that deviate from IEEE 802.11 standards. Setting this property to Broader Compatibility enables your Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter to better communicate with such APs, but at the expense of some performance loss. The default setting is Higher Performance.

Higher Performance (default)

Broader Compatibility

Locally Administered MAC Address

Locally Administered MAC Address is used to override the MAC address of the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter. The Locally Administered MAC Address is a user-defined MAC address that is used in place of the MAC address originally assigned to the network adapter. Every adapter in the network must have its own unique MAC address. This locally administered address consists of a 12-digit hexadecimal number.

Value. Assigns a unique node address for the adapter.

Not Present (Default). Uses the factory-assigned node address on the adapter. The appropriate assigned ranges and exceptions for the locally administered address include the following:

The range is 0000 0000 0001 to FFFF FFFF FFFD.

Do not use a multicast address (least significant bit of the high byte = 1).

Do not use all 0s or all F's.

Location selects the operating characteristics that comply with the regulations that apply in a particular country. The Location value in the Broadcom 802.11 enabled computer comes preset for the country in which the computer is sold. Before connecting to a wireless network, verify that the Location value is correct. If you travel to different countries with the Broadcom 802.11 enabled computer, change the Location value to match the destination country. If the destination country is not listed, change the Location value to Worldwide. Reset the Location value after returning. Residents of both Canada and the United States should reset the value to USA.

Minimum Power Consumption

When enabled, this property enables the wireless client to either turn off the radio or to not scan when the wireless client network is unassociated or when the computer is in the IDLE state.

Disabled

Enabled (default)

PLCP Header

PLCP Header is used to set the header type used for CCK rates. The type can be Long or Auto (short/long).

Auto (Short/Long) (default)

Long

Power Output

This property allows you to adjust the output power of the radio to 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25% of its normal output power.

Power Save Mode

Power Save Mode is used to put the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter enabled computer into the IEEE 802.11 Power Save mode. In Power Save mode, the radio is periodically powered down to conserve power. When the radio is in Power Save mode, packets are stored in the AP until the radio comes on. Power Save Fast allows full throughput with power savings.

Disabled (default)

Enabled

Fast

Rate

This property allows you to specify the rate (in Mbit/s) at which data is transmitted. The possible values are: 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 18, 24, 36 48, and 54 . The default is set to Use best Rate. This setting automatically adjusts the transmission rate to the optimal rate based on the capabilities of the other wireless clients and access points.

Afterburner

Afterburner is a Broadcom proprietary high-performance implementation of a faster throughput added to wireless products that conform to IEEE 802.11g.

Disabled (default). Disables Afterburner.

Enabled. Enables Afterburner

Association Roam Preference

This property is available only on Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter models that have dual-band capability. When enabled, this property works in conjunction with the Band Preference property and is triggered only when Band Preference is not set to None. Enabling Association Roam Preference maintains your band preference through roam transitions between access points using the same SSID.

Disabled (default)

Enabled

Band Preference

This property is available only on Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter models that have dual-band capability. Band Preference allows users to specify the IEEE 802.11 band preference while roaming. This allows the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter to associate with another AP based on band preference even if the signal from the currently associated AP is strong enough to sustain the association.

None (default) Roams without regard to the frequency band of the available APs.

Prefer 802.11a (5 GHz)

Prefer 802.11g/b band (2.4 GHz)

Disable Bands

This property is available only on Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter models that have dual-band capability.

None (default)

Disable 802.11g/b

Disable 802.11a

Fragmentation Threshold

The maximum size in bytes at which packets are fragmented and transmitted a piece at a time instead of all at once. Available values range from 256 to 2346. The default value is 2346.

Roaming Decision

The signal strength value that determines when the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter starts scanning for other APs.

Default (default). -70 dB

Optimize Bandwidth. -60 dB

Optimize Distance. -80 dB

Roam Tendency

This property adjusts the roaming thresholds for the Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter.

Moderate (default). Roams to APs having a signal strength at least 20 dB greater than the current access point.

Aggressive. Roams to APs having a signal strength at least 10 dB greater than the current access point.

Conservative. Roams to APs having a signal strength at least 30 dB greater than the current access point.

RTS Threshold

If the number of frames in the data packet is at or above the RTS Threshold, a request to send/clear to send handshake is turned on before sending the data packet. The default value is 2347. The range is 0 to 2347.

WME

Wireless Multimedia Extensions, now known as Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM?). WME enables quality of service for audio, video, and voice applications over a wireless network by prioritizing streams of content and optimizing the way the network allocates bandwidth among competing applications.

Disabled (default)

Enabled

Xpress? Technology

Xpress? Technology is a proprietary frame bursting technology that improves throughput by repackaging data so that more data can be sent in each frame. Xpress? Technology is disabled by default.

Disabled (default). Disables Xpress? Technology.

Enabled. Enables Xpress? Technology.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• rolloLG

• NighTalon

• rseiler

One issue, coming from standby adaptor won't log back in.

Have to disconnect (from trying to identify router) then log back in.

Other than that this driver gives me more speed and better coverage.

Also the WIFI LED flashes every 30secs or so, must be doing a scan.

I think I have fixed both issues above.

No more blinking LED's and the adaptor resumed from standby :)

Some quick INF modding did the trick here.

Now I might have to spend some time on the Sigmatel drivers next

Now before with Dell and WDDM driver I had big issues with A Band and anything other WEP encryption

These drivers have also fixed this, am now happily using WPA2.

Now doing some more work on the INF from a Lynksys driver I've found.

I'll update the driver later today.

You wouldnt' happen to be able to do an inf mod for the intel 3945ABG?

I have been unable to fix the dropping connection/taking forever to verify connection (limited connectivity prompt) and I am not the only one.

If so... great... if not... thanks anyways

Cheers!

D.

Oh you ask much.

I'm not a fan at all of the i3945, it's taken me ages to get the Wifes one to hook up to my router with WPA2 AES.

There seems to be different revisions for this card.

Not sure if some are HW locked for countries or just don't work with some channels.

I'll have a quick look at the driver, as my wife has one and she might benfit with any mods.

I'm now working on Atheros chipset drivers as their draftn v2 card should arrive anyday now.

Keep an eye over here for updates.

mobilenvidia, thanks for the response.

If you can get around to it, that would be great.

If not, I understand completely

I am considering ordering the same Atheros draftn v2 card as you (if I do my wife will get the i3945) but am holding out until a few more people get a chance to play with it.

So, here's to hoping you get a chance to mod the inf on the i3945

TIA

D.

Chances are not good, my spare time is now taken up with Mac OS X on my i9400

OK I had a look, got frustrated with OS X.

There is very little to play with in Intel INFs.

There are no other tweaks to enable :)

You get what you see.

Intel are going for stablity and less is more with settings.

What are the devices supported (add in first post)? Are the devices listed here included in the modded INF? If so, the linked thread is redundant and can be unpinned and moved to archive :)

OK I had a look, got frustrated with OS X.

There is very little to play with in Intel INFs.

There are no other tweaks to enable :)

You get what you see.

Intel are going for stablity and less is more with settings.

Ah, well thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Guess I will have to live with it for now.

Thanks again!

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

could you please explain to me how to influence the LED behaviour?

I would like to restore the behaviour where the LED flashes only on transmit activity. My Acer nb. has a really huge button-LED which draws a lot of power and is very bright.

What should I but in the 3 ledblink settings? What are ledbh0-3 good for.

Also I would like to have the WLAN turn itself on during boot. Is this possible? (leddc=?)

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Martin

• 1 month later...

Cheers Dude :)

Will get onto these

Pieter, will your modded inf work with these drivers you think?

They are working great with the previous driver... but am thinking of trying these new ones out with my 1505.

TIA!

D.

Edited by debaucher

Good point, I'll have a look.

XP should work just fine.

Vista has a few extra files included that the older modded INF might not call.

I miss the Dell 1500, I just don't know about this Atheros gear.

Router works reallly well even though it's only 11g.

WLAN card is just plain crap in a i9400 (Sparklan anyway)

Will try Gigabyte again.

Dell 1500 is in Wifes laptop and she's very happy with.

BTW the above link from Guest will take you full driver with Japanese version as well and Client Utility.

Modded INFs made and included in driver package.

Will need to be extracted from bcmwl.exe file

Then installed again.

This driver includes more files not seen before.

I'm tempted to steal the card back from my Wife's machine to test it in Vista.

lol,

Yea, I am happy I decided to just go with the 1505 when you were working on all the atheros cards.

This one has been very stable and quick (with your modded inf).

Now dlink just needs to get off their butts and get the 855 out.

Will try the new drives with your modded inf now then will post back with results.

Thanks again!

D.

Ok, when using your modded inf I get a

"No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed." error

The setup runs fine without the modded inf.

I also tried to run the setup without the modded inf then do an "upgrade driver" method but same error.

Maybe something needs to be changed in the modded inf.

This in on Vista32 btw.

TIA!

Edited by debaucher

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just found a thread that seems to be a rather reliable source for the latest (HP) Broadcom Wireless Drivers over at www.DSLReports.com.

Currently listing:

Type: Driver - Wireless Network

Version: 7.00 E (1 Jul 2008)

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

File name: sp39912.exe (7.3 MB)

XP Driver Download

Type: Driver - Wireless Network

Version: 7.00 E (1 Jul 2008)

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)

File name: sp39911.exe (16 MB)

Vista Driver Download

Type: Broadcom Wireless Utility

Version: 7.00 E

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Prerequisites

- Download and install HP SoftPaq Number sp39912, "Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver," Version 7.00 Rev E, before installing this SoftPaq.

File name: sp39913.exe (21 MB)

XP Utility Download

This isn't really needed! It just gives you a few bells and whistles with a GUI around it, and keeps a silly service process running too. I do without. :)

hey!

any chance that someone can dissect the drivers from HP and repackage them regular style with the infamous laptopvideo2go modded INF (bellz and whistlez unlocked)... plz and thx!

Gee Kane, they work right out of the box for me on my 'simple' mini-PCI Broadcom card stuck in my old Dell Latitude. Should surely work for you too.

Please flesh out your sidepanel so we can see what your 'environment' happens to be. Thanks for joining the party!