LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v156.55 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, ARiMA, COMPAQ/HP, DELL, LENOVO, SONY, TOSHiBA

®®®

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• MYXT5000T

• derek328

• Da Ferret

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Raymond

I have the Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS in a HP laptop. I downloaded this version of the drivers and my laptop gives the message that it didn't find any hardware for this drivers. Am I doing something wrong? I see the videocard in the list that you supplied.

PS: Before I saw this driver, I found the driver 165.01 with the modded INF and downloaded that. Could this be the problem?

Thank you in advance

This driver includes more than 1 INF as stated in the first post.

What we always do with these and all other drivers that come with multiple INFs is, we automatically move all INFs to a .ZIP file... to prevent installation problems when replacing the left over INF with Pieter's INF. This ensures that only 1 INF is present for the Have-Disk or Setup.exe method... else it is confusing with having a couple of models to select from.

What you need to do, if you want to use the original HP INF, which supposedly natively supports your card, is, to delete the currently only existing INF and extract the INF which supports your model from the .ZIP file in this driver and put it in the driver folder.

Which INF is for which company? A list of the infs with companies would really help the confusion i think.

Guys this is not the first a driver comes which comes with multiple INFs. We have a 4 year old thread for those reasons in the FAQ: INF naming scheme for ODM/OEMs, topic 918. This list is constantly updated with our new findings.

Another way to find out the needed INF would be to search your DEV_ID or SUBSYS_ID in the original INFs that came with this driver.

Here is the post for the refrence of which INF

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=918

Also wierd part is my dell has a Quadro 120M but the only drive with my device is the nvidia one. Strange the Dell one does not contain it.

Guest gaervern

I can hardly believe this, I have done everything to crash this driver on my go7900gs, but it is still running! Uninstalled the old driver in safe mode, restarted in safe mode, installed with nvidia-inf (no have-disc-mode), restarted had some problems with the nvidia control panel, reinstalled the driver in normal mode, restarted and finally a stable driver through all tests so far (touch wood).

Download this driver 156.55, extract it, open folder to look at "original_inf(s)", extract that too, look at all EACH inf to match your video card for laptop, I found file called nv_dispd.inf that match for my go 7600, I delete nvbl.inf that come with 156.55_vista folder, then copy nv_dispd.inf to in same folder then run setup no problem.

Run 3dmark20001 point 11,300 somethin.

Look good crispy on screen.

Haven't play games yet.

D

I have a dell vostro 1500, with a Geforce 8600M GT - when i use the dell mobile .inf, the setup claims i don't have windows vista 32 bit.. which i do. Anybody got any idea what's going on?

The dell inf seem to be limited, does not support the go7900gs either.

open 156.55 driver, look at "original_inf(s)" file right there, extract that file, select file called nv_dispd.inf " match your go 7900gs, copy that inf to same 156.55 folder, delete that nvbl.inf come with support for other video card that do not match your 7900 that is why.

any one use 8600m GT, select either inf file name ---> ( nv_dispd.inf ), (nvco.inf), (nvdm.inf) or (nvsz.inf) does support 8600m GT

try first nv_dispd.inf into 156.55 folder, delete that nvbl.inf come with it, run setup.

hope it help

D

I installed this on my Go7700 (Asus A8Js) and definitely recommend it. still without Mobile features like powermizer, etc. but at least it allows you to change digital vibrance on multiple monitors (i'm using 2 monitors and non of the driver i've tested allowed me to do so). Vista score for gaming has been increased .2 from 4.5(165.44) to 4.7.

Hi I tried to install the driver but as I ran setup a message occured that there wasn't any hardware for the driver being found.....what should I do? I tried to find the special INF-file without success. According to the naming-list it could be NVAC, NVCA or NVIV....which one is for my ACER Aspire 5633 the right one to use and how does this replacing of files function? My English is not so eleborate that I could understand a single thing I have to admit :) I hope you can help me, thanks :)

I don't know whats up with these drivers, I have a 8600M GT and these drivers cut my 3DMark05 from a 5751 (163.44) to a 1543 (156.55), but I still get the same FPS in a CS:S video stress test....anyone know what is going on here?

Guest the.lorrr

Oh, it works with a GeForce Go 7900 GS if you use the original inf's, which are included in the driver package in an archive.

And it increased my 3d-mark '06 score by about 50. That's nothing against the performance increase in World In Conflict Demo: from average 24 fps in the included benchmark to now 30 with the same settings!!!!!!!

This driver is just the best one. Previously, I had the 158.24 with your modded inf.

I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS DRIVER!!!!!!!

My System:

Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.00 GHz

GeForce Go 7900 GS (256 MB)

2 GB RAM

200 GB HD

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

--> Dell Inspiron 9400, bought February this Year

Guest Gaervern

I have the same system as the previous writer and I am very happy with performance, including quicker startup and change of user with less flickering than any previous driver. There are some bugs: the controll panel does not remember settings second screen. I turn of scaling on my sony TV, but after a while its turned on again. Sometimes the driver forgets there are two screens and it is impossible to turn on the laptop screen in clone mode in the controll panel. After a restart, it is working again. However, I have not had a full crash of the driver yet...

This seems to be the best driver ever for this system, except a few bugs..

Would a modded inf be better?

Hi, this is my first post here. Great website by the way! :)

I have a new Asus F3SC model (T7100 1.8GHz, 8400M G). I've downloaded the driver file as linked in here, however I am recieving similar "found no hardware" warning message here. What should I do the the INF files in order to use this driver?

Thank you for all the help!

Hi, this is my first post here. Great website by the way! :)

I have a new Asus F3SC model (T7100 1.8GHz, 8400M G). I've downloaded the driver file as linked in here, however I am recieving similar "found no hardware" warning message here. What should I do the the INF files in order to use this driver?

Thank you for all the help!

Look up thread at post #10-12

hope it help

Look up thread at post #10-12

hope it help

Thanks, its working now.