LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v156.55 XP 32bit | NVIDIA, CLEVO, COMPAQ/HP, DELL, LENOVO, SONY

®®®

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

No changelog here :) But as this is a different series, i doubt it.

Great update for my sony vaio vgn-fe11h;

everything is great

there is just a problem about reducing brightness level and i think a patch can solves it.

163.44 preform better for me (200 point defference in 3DMark'06), but all the features work (couldn't vote above, kept getting error that I didn't click something).

Edited by RangerXML

RangerXML, i corrected the Poll as it didn't allow to leave 1 of the 3 polls unanswered.

OK, voted.

Thanx

Hope NV comes out with new series soon, I want to OC again!

brightness control on sony vaio can be solved by using nvsz.inf instead of nv4dispd.inf

thanks for modding.

Hey guys

Is this a stable driver to use on a dell xps M1710 with geforce go 7900GTX? I have used other drivers but i get strange stripes on my screen, crashes and so one, so I use the 84.69. Can I play Bioshock, gothic 3 and medieval 2 witch no crashes, and a stable, high framerate in copare witch my normal drivers?

Hey guys

Is this a stable driver to use on a dell xps M1710 with geforce go 7900GTX? I have used other drivers but i get strange stripes on my screen, crashes and so one, so I use the 84.69. Can I play Bioshock, gothic 3 and medieval 2 witch no crashes, and a stable, high framerate in copare witch my normal drivers?

Works great on my M1710 with a 7900GTX. Started up Bioshock last night and it works great. Have had a couple problems though when changing settings for multiple monitors (laptop screen and external LCD) though (crashes with a message about running a DLL as an App).

My computer had never overheated before using this driver. With this driver, my m70 overheated 3 times in 2 days. I went back to 83.90. Other than the temperature issue it seemed like a great driver, so I'm pretty disappointed... :)

Is somebody using this driver in SLi mode? There´s no Sli option in the Control Center. :) I guess i have to switch back to 94.23. Maybe they will create a new driver with Sli support some day......i hate to wait for new drivers...... :)

Guest Ozzy747

SO far so good. I installed this on winxp. Been running fine I have a 7800gtx mobile card. Run Bioshock pretty much everything cranked up. Madden Nfl 08 runs great also. Transformers, diablo, NFS carbon, NFS underground 2, Halo and Halo 2. All runs pretty good with this driver.

Thanks much!!!!

Where did this driver actually come from? It's listed as WHQL for my card, and says it comes from Dell, but Dell support hasn't heard of it...

I'd really like to use this driver, because I get amazing performance from it. It just makes my comp overheat so damn fast. Just walking around in HL2 for a few minutes and it shut off on it's own to prevent any damage. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix this on my own?

I hav tested this driver and it rocks, can run bioshock and stalker with max detail, no crashes and high framerate.

can anyone overclock with this? If any one has, how do those numbers compare with the latest 163.xx drivers? thx

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Dell .inf only supports 8 series GPUs...this one apparently has the issue with the nVidia control panel not showing up too. I swear my desktop icons are all smaller with this one for some reason, even with the same settings as 84.XX drivers, and the edges are all jagged as well. Skipping this and trying 156.66.

• 3 weeks later...

added Clevo.inf and reuploaded (see first post)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

These drivers work great for the 7150M card on Windows XP. The people at the ITRC HP forum linked to this one, not sure why. :)

Edited by Shaythong