LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.71 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, Team Fortress 2

®®®

Quality of v163.71 VISTA 32bit  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver for mobile usage?

• No
    • Yes

[uPDATE] nVidia have made a booboo and included 163.69 INF with this driver.

The driver is 163.71 but after installing with original INF it will report 163.69 in the device properties.

We are waiting for a fixed release.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 163.71 for Windows Vista 32bit

drv_drivers.gifDriver (not available yet, we are waiting for a fixed driver release by NVIDIA) | drv_inf.gifModded INF (not available yet, we are waiting for a fixed driver release by NVIDIA) | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Driver Version: 163.71

Driver Date: 2007-09-17 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size:

Driver Released by: NVIDIA

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

waiting for a fixed release...

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED
  • n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

I don't get it. Why does the title say 163.71 while the rest of the post (links inclusive) say 163.69?

I don't get it. Why does the title say 163.71 while the rest of the post (links inclusive) say 163.69?
I find that odd as well. Have the proper drivers been uploaded properly?

Have a look at the very top of this post.

Why oh why do I bother to write anything down, as you guys just plough straight past it :)

[uPDATE] nVidia have made a booboo and included 163.69 INF with this driver.

The driver is 163.71 but after installing with original INF it will report 163.69 in the device properties.

Modded INF will fix this

Yes, that is what I meant. I saw the coloured update but found it peculiar that the post is identical to the one for the 163.69 driver (as mentioned in my previous post, links inclusive).

It would seem rather unusual that both 163.69 and 163.71 are only different in name (heck, that doesn't even make sense). The modded inf linked to on the original post is also identical to that of the one for 163.69 (which doesn't really fix the incorrect version number).

; Pieter's INF version 3.221

; http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

; NVIDIA Windows Vista Display INF file

; Copyright © NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

[Version]

Signature = "$Windows NT$"

Provider = %NVIDIA%

ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Class = Display

CatalogFile = NV_DISP.CAT

DriverVer = 09/11/2007, 7.15.11.6369

Edited by ALZ

Guest romracer

There's also no 16371_vista.exe located here: http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/160series/

Something is definately amiss.

You can get the modded inf by using this link: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/160seri...sta/nv_disp.inf

I suspect you can just use the regular drivers from nVidia and drop in the modded inf to get by for now. Until he can fix his links in this thread.

Yeah, I think Pieter made a big 'booboo' himself because I just downloaded the 163.71 driver from Nvidia's site and the INF reports the correct version.

See proof:

; NVIDIA Windows Vista Display INF file

; Copyright © NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

[Version]

Signature = "$Windows NT$"

Provider = %NVIDIA%

ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Class = Display

CatalogFile = NV_DISP.CAT

DriverVer = 09/17/2007, 6.14.11.6371

Also the Thread title does not match the version number in the post, nor does the driver link or the INF he posted up, so to me, this is the same as simply 'duplicating' the details from the 163.69 thread. Not sure what on earth is going on here but it is certainly confusing. Haha.

:)

Edited by Pawel

wow guys, how bout you just relax and give him time? He has a life other than this...

wow guys, how bout you just relax and give him time? He has a life other than this...

I agree; if people are that desperate they can just mod the original Nvidia one anyways.

This is the only posted driver & .inf that has 163.69 listed in it. All of the others XP etc. have 163.73 in the .inf and driver. This driver and .inf are not correct. They are a copy of the 163.69 driver and .inf. Please take a look at this issue.

-Thank you-

Guest Ballistix

Hi, Not sure if it's me , but every driver I install from 163.44 up is showing as 156.57. Even if I uninstall first from the CP it still comes back as this?

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

I want to try the 163.69 and .71 and it just keeps coming back as this!

Cheers

TT

The INF and modes.txt from the 0-day release on 21st of September are from 169.69. I still have the file on my HD. They even show 2007-09-11 instead of 2007-09-17 if you have had a look inside the files. We use an automated tool to process each driver, only that's why we even recognized this BooBoo and told everybody.

NVIDIA might have fixed that now, that's why you think the drivers are correct... while we had the original 0-day release driver.

Btw the VISTA 32bit driver of 163.71 is the only one with the mixed up files. NVIDIA has released all other OS correctly.

We will redownload, analyze and upload the fixed driver. No need to panic. Also a new modded INF will be provided.

I just compared the file they offer today and the file i have on my HD and they are identical. All files are the same. NVIDIA's INF and modes.txt still show 2007-09-11 instead of 2007-09-17 and the INF shows 163.69, so i don't know were you see a 163.71?

To sum up: we are waiting for a fixed release by NVIDIA and then offer a new INF. Nobody pays us to fix their rare driver packing blunders.

Once again, these drivers completely crash any laptop with 6150. If you have a 6150 and plan on using these drivers, better get ready to have to reformat and reinstall windows cuz not even safe mode roll back can fix the damage these drivers will do to windows if you are on a 6150..

anybody have a clue as to why these drivers crash on 6150s anyway? and why the only way to fix the damage it does is to reformat.. even removing the drivers in safe mode wont allow windows to boot up normally. are we 6150 users outta luck now with updated drivers?

I just compared the file they offer today and the file i have on my HD and they are identical. All files are the same. NVIDIA's INF and modes.txt still show 2007-09-11 instead of 2007-09-17 and the INF shows 163.69, so i don't know were you see a 163.71?

I think it is out of his hands. He is probably awaiting a new .inf before he changes the driver out to the proper one.

Guest JASON P.

It is not just a INF boo boo. It is also the wrong driver that is posted here. If you place your mouse over the driver download thay will say and download as 163.69 just like the posted INF. Is the moderator aware of this?