LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FIFA 08

roby777

I have installed 163.44 drivers on my AcerAspire 5920g(2GB RAM)with Geforce 8600M GS(256 MB),and in the game players are moving like in slow motion;I tried earlier drivers.Any solution or experience with new FIFA 08?Other games run OK.

I have installed 163.44 drivers on my AcerAspire 5920g(2GB RAM)with Geforce 8600M GS(256 MB),and in the game players are moving like in slow motion;I tried earlier drivers.Any solution or experience with new FIFA 08?Other games run OK.

helloo..

are you working with windows vista?

Yes,i have Windows Vista Home Premium installed.Any solution for me.

Try with 163.69 :)

I've the same issue with 158.45 =/ fifa sucks ! :)

Edited by FiShBuRn

Sorry i didn`t ask do you like FIFA or not,I asked witch driver is not making problems.

Guest Thomas

I have the same problem. I can run FSX, Battlefield 2, AOEIII, GTA SA @ very high settings. Fifa doesnt even run smooth on lowest settings & resolution of 800*600!?! Any solution? i wanna play soccer :)

Sorry i didn`t ask do you like FIFA or not,I asked witch driver is not making problems.

And like i said try 163.69 :) is that hard to read? :S

I tryied 163.69 but i have the same problem while playing the game.In the begining the game runs perfect but then after 3-4 minutes the players are moving like in slowmotion.Any other solution for me.

The problem is because FIFA08. It just doesn't support Vista + 8600 models. It has looked that they don't plan to fix the problem.

And no matter what version of drivers you use.

Edited by Trancey

The same problem is with FIFA 07 and Champions League.I tried all possible drivers but still no solution.

I now have 163.44 and the menus are ok, but in game is very slow. Anyone that can run the game smoothly in Vista what drivers are you using?

Guest FIFA08SOLUTION
Everytime the same s***!!!!!!!!!!

ea should do something.............. but didnt ever and wont ever...

I have the same problem.Everything runs great [bF2,HL2,DOOM3, etc] but FIFA08 runs slow as hell. I plan on adding a partition on my HD and installing WinXP on it. Then I will run FIFA08 and anything else that wont run well on Vista on it. This should work.

So you think that problem is in OS.Does FIFA O7,08 or Champions League run better on Win XP(i think on laptop) or the same problem is like with Windows Vista?If it`s ok i`m planing to make virtual pc on my hard with XP.

I've tried almost all driver as well. Does not work. I've got 8400m gt, and games like Quake Wars (new game with next gen graphics) runs smooth on medium-high settings (almost everything on 75-90%, except of AA-off). It's some sort of incompatibility with these nvidia mobility videocards, and as we know EA, that blew up the latest fifas, which in my opinion were crap, they won't fix it. In fifa 2007 there was an issue with keyboards. For some reasons, on most keyboards, if you pressed about 3 buttons simultaniously (ex: up+left+long pass), it wouldn't do anything, and they never fixed it.

My honest solution is to wait a couple of weeks for Winnin Eleven: Pro Evo Soccer 2008 to come out. Till now i myself was a fifa fan, but trust me, play the demo for that game, the graphics, everything is much better. Just play the demo, then you'll realise you want the full game, and just wait 2 weeks. It's way better and it works perfect on 8400/8600 videocards :)

not working on 8600+vista, but your 1st person who get news. Install this fixkey , and all will be OK. Fallow the steps.

Fifa working very very good 60fps or more. FIFA 2008 WORKING ON LAPTOPS ON 8600m GT .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

Give me replay if is oK.

Best wishes

Rico Poland!!!

Edited by bildex

Rice,

I've got a Acer Aspire 5920 (T7100, 2 gb ram, Vista 32bit, and a 8600m GT with 163.44 driversoftware). The update that you've suggested, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105, didn't solve my problem. The game fifa 08 is still showing fps drops or lags or what ever it is. It's still running like crap.

But thanks for the effort!

Lucas

i have 8400m gt and installed it but didn't work. And yes, it's not 8600 but it's the same family and same chip practically, only less tuned, so if it does not work for 8400 it does not work for 8600...anyone else can confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...

ThereĀ“s no Vista and 8600M GT bug... it is just turn off vsync in your Driver Menu and everything will be ok!

Greetz kiwidiwi

We`ve done that before about a month ago and nothing changes,the game is still slow.