LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DELL INPIRON 1520 GRAPHICS CARD

Guest nasir

I HAVE NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD .. BUT I AM UNABLE TO PLAY GAMES PROEPRLY WHICH DRIVER IS SUITABLE OR WHAT SHALL I DO SO THAT I COULD PLAY GAMES SMOOTHLY...

THE SYSTEM CONFIGURATIN IS REALY GOOD BUT THE GAMES ARE STILL NOT WORKIGN PROPERLY

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.

Guest Alessandro
I HAVE NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD .. BUT I AM UNABLE TO PLAY GAMES PROEPRLY WHICH DRIVER IS SUITABLE OR WHAT SHALL I DO SO THAT I COULD PLAY GAMES SMOOTHLY...

THE SYSTEM CONFIGURATIN IS REALY GOOD BUT THE GAMES ARE STILL NOT WORKIGN PROPERLY

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.

What OS do you have?

I have Vista 32bit, and am currently running NVidia drivers 163.75, there are a few minor bugs I've found with extending the desktop onto another monitor/ pc but nothing too bad.

163.69 is less buggy, but a little older, so that's probably a good one to start with.

What OS do you have?

I have Vista 32bit, and am currently running NVidia drivers 163.75, there are a few minor bugs I've found with extending the desktop onto another monitor/ pc but nothing too bad.

163.69 is less buggy, but a little older, so that's probably a good one to start with.

WHAT EXACTLY DO U MEAN BY BUGGY ... DUS IT HAVE ANY KIND OF BAD AFFECTS ON THE SYSTEM?

I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM

WITH GRAPHICS CARD NVIDIA 8600M GT

Guest Alessandro
WHAT EXACTLY DO U MEAN BY BUGGY ... DUS IT HAVE ANY KIND OF BAD AFFECTS ON THE SYSTEM?

I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM

WITH GRAPHICS CARD NVIDIA 8600M GT

Ok. I have a similar setup.

Ahh, nothing too bad.

The two bugs I've noticed are:

1)Whenever I have an application that uses up the whole (I don't mean maximised, I mean Full Screen) of the secondary monitor (in this case a TV) and I move it or close it, or I swap between monitors I'll receive a

>RunDll32 has stopped working< error message.

The error doesn't effect anything as it more a report from the OS and you just close the error message.

2) If the secondary screen is a TV, the image may not fill up the whole screen (as the resolution might be too low on the TV).

The benefits of the new drivers completely outway these for me though. I can run all current apps/ games (such as Bioshock) and its a far quicker system.

However, if I were you, I'd start with installing the 163.69 drivers and seeing if you are happy with these. You can then try the later drivers after that if you want. Remembering that

1) Vista allows you to roll back to a previous driver if you are experiencing problems with one, and

2) Dell has their video card driver installs located on the OS driver under Drivers/ Video.

Hope that helps!

Ok. I have a similar setup.

Ahh, nothing too bad.

The two bugs I've noticed are:

1)Whenever I have an application that uses up the whole (I don't mean maximised, I mean Full Screen) of the secondary monitor (in this case a TV) and I move it or close it, or I swap between monitors I'll receive a

>RunDll32 has stopped working< error message.

The error doesn't effect anything as it more a report from the OS and you just close the error message.

2) If the secondary screen is a TV, the image may not fill up the whole screen (as the resolution might be too low on the TV).

The benefits of the new drivers completely outway these for me though. I can run all current apps/ games (such as Bioshock) and its a far quicker system.

However, if I were you, I'd start with installing the 163.69 drivers and seeing if you are happy with these. You can then try the later drivers after that if you want. Remembering that

1) Vista allows you to roll back to a previous driver if you are experiencing problems with one, and

2) Dell has their video card driver installs located on the OS driver under Drivers/ Video.

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU MAN..

YA IT DUS GIVES THE ERROR RUN 32 DLL FILE ..

BUT I HAVE NEARLY TIRED EVERY DRIVER

LIKE THE DELL ONE 163.69

AND I THINK I TRIED ONE WHICH WAS A LIL BETTER BUT THE GAME WAS STILL CRASHING AND NOW I HAVE STOPED INSTALING AND UNISTALLING DRIVER CUZ I CANT FIND ANY GOOD ONE :)

AND I TRIES INSTALLING THE DRIVER WHICH ARE AVAILABLE AT NVIDIA WEBSITE AND THAT DUSNT WORK IT GIVES AN ERROR THEN I TRIED CONTACTING DELL THEY SAID IM THE LUCKY ONE WHOS HAVING PROBLEM WITH THOSE DRIVER .

SOO NOW I DONT KNOW WUT TO DO I M JUST STUCK WITH THE HIGH CONFIG BRAND NEW SYSTEM IN WHICH I CANT PLAY GAME IN PEACE

I HOPE I GET THE GOOD DRIVER FOR THE CARD THAS THE ONLY THING THAS BAD IN MA LAPTOP :) HEHE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ..

IF YOU CAN HELP ME MORE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT

IS THERE ANY OTEHR SOFWARE WHICH ENHANCES THE GRAPHICS CARD PERFORMANCE LIKE DIRECT 3D OR OPEN GL???

[quote name='nasir' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:11 AM' post='59200'

THANK YOU MAN..

LIKE THE DELL ONE 163.69

AND I THINK I TRIED ONE WHICH WAS A LIL BETTER BUT THE GAME WAS STILL CRASHING AND NOW I HAVE STOPED INSTALING AND UNISTALLING DRIVER CUZ I CANT FIND ANY GOOD ONE

AND I TRIES INSTALLING THE DRIVER WHICH ARE AVAILABLE AT NVIDIA WEBSITE AND THAT DUSNT WORK IT GIVES AN ERROR THEN I TRIED CONTACTING DELL THEY SAID IM THE LUCKY ONE WHOS HAVING PROBLEM WITH THOSE DRIVER .

SOO NOW I DONT KNOW WUT TO DO I M JUST STUCK WITH THE HIGH CONFIG BRAND NEW SYSTEM IN WHICH I CANT PLAY GAME IN PEACE

I HOPE I GET THE GOOD DRIVER FOR THE CARD THAS THE ONLY THING THAS BAD IN MA LAPTOP HEHE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ..

IS THERE ANY OTEHR SOFWARE WHICH ENHANCES THE GRAPHICS CARD PERFORMANCE LIKE DIRECT 3D OR OPEN GL???

Guest Alessandro
[quote name='nasir' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:11 AM' post='59200'

THANK YOU MAN..

LIKE THE DELL ONE 163.69

AND I THINK I TRIED ONE WHICH WAS A LIL BETTER BUT THE GAME WAS STILL CRASHING AND NOW I HAVE STOPED INSTALING AND UNISTALLING DRIVER CUZ I CANT FIND ANY GOOD ONE

I HOPE I GET THE GOOD DRIVER FOR THE CARD THAS THE ONLY THING THAS BAD IN MA LAPTOP HEHE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ..

What software specifically isn't working properly on your laptop? Have you checked their website or contacted them directly with your setup? Its most likely a problem with the software rather than the graphics driver or it could be Vista.

The latest driver available from Dell directly seems to be 159.774, its very stable but may not run the later games.

What software specifically isn't working properly on your laptop? Have you checked their website or contacted them directly with your setup? Its most likely a problem with the software rather than the graphics driver or it could be Vista.

The latest driver available from Dell directly seems to be 159.774, its very stable but may not run the later games.

HELLO THANKS FOR THE REPLY

SORRY I THINK YOU GOT IT WRONG .. I ASKED IF THERE IS ANY OTHER EXTRA SOFTWARE WHICH I CAN USE TO ENHANCE THE GAMING PERFOMANCE ON MA SYSTEM..AND THE DRIVERS FROM THE DEL WEBSITE ARE STABLE BUT THEY DUN REALY WORK GOOD ON THE GAMES...SOO WUTS THE POINT INSTALLING THEM..

RITE NOW I JUST INSTALLED 167.75....I HAVE STARTED TO HATE VISTA SINCE IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY AS XP..

CHEERS