LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v156.79 VISTA 32bit | HP/COMPAQ

mobilenvidia

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 156.79 for Windows Vista 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Driver Version: 156.79

Driver Date: 2007-10-29 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 30.82 MB

Driver Released by: HP?Compaq

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_0299&SUBSYS_309F103C] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX
[DEV_029B&SUBSYS_309F103C] NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M
[DEV_040B&SUBSYS_30C3103C] NVIDIA Quadro NVS 320M
[DEV_040C&SUBSYS_30C5103C] NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
[DEV_040D&SUBSYS_30C3103C] NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

• n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

Ummm I'm not really sure about downloading these drivers. The 156.69 ones work so well for me I don't want to make things go wrong now.

Oh well, I guess I can always roll back to other drivers.

I'll download them and tell how they work for me here.

EDIT:

By the way, lately I have been having trouble downloading driver files from laptopvideo2go.com

Sometimes it just downloads a small file that only takes me to the drivers download page on the website.

Any reasons to why this is happening?

Edited by Anchel

By the way, lately I have been having trouble downloading driver files from laptopvideo2go.com

Sometimes it just downloads a small file that only takes me to the drivers download page on the website.

Any reasons to why this is happening?

Disable download manager or 3rd Party Firewall. Or allow redirects as we do.

Well I think i have tried them all and these seem to work the best FOR ME. on my 7900gs not a crazy difference but Crysis is a good 25fps on med settings. If you got one of the 7xxxx i would give these a try.

I have just installed these drivers, and while I haven't tested any games yet, I can confirm that Blu-Ray Disc commercial movies DON'T work on it.

So it is true then, commercial Blu-Ray dislike non-WHQL drivers, disabling playback of the movie.

Damn Sony and their stupid copy-protection systems. It's ok for me if they want to stop copying of movies, but why does the end-user who has paid for the movie have to suffer the copy protection?

EDIT: Ok sorry, I made a mistake in this post. I was using the modded inf, and the installation of the driver mentioned it was not certified. That's why it wasn't playing. But people with a video card listed in the original INF will be able to use Blu-Ray commercial movies (not that many people are using them yet...)

Edited by Anchel

Ralph dont u have graphich glitches with this driver when u playing crysis? I really hate my geforce go 7900 gs cant even play recent games decent : cod4 , bioshock , gears of war , crysis pfff and when I use this driver sometimes even not playing a game the nvidia display driver crashes I hope 156.80 vista will come soon and fix this for me :S