LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.45 Windows Vista 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

NVIDIA driver v167.45 for Windows Vista 32bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 167.45
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
  • Driver Date: 2007-11-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 24.46MB (MD5: bf9479fa2d1505c73a3729e49c56d35e)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: False
  • Setup Files Included: True

Languages (12)

German

Spanish

Latin American Spanish

French

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Polish

Portuguese Brazilian

Russian

Simplified Chinese

Traditional Chinese

Information Files (1 files supporting 7 models)

* nvdm.inf supports 7 models:

[DEV_00C9&SUBSYS_019C1028] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra

[DEV_0099&SUBSYS_019C1028] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX

[DEV_0297&SUBSYS_019B1028] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX

[DEV_0298&SUBSYS_019B1028] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS

[DEV_0299&SUBSYS_019B1028] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX

[DEV_0409&SUBSYS_019B1028] NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT

[DEV_0409&SUBSYS_019C1028] NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryHook

• apiXx

• whitetigerx7

• jax1492

Are u using these yourself mobilenvidia? Cause I got xps m1710 with a geforce go 7900 gs and really want to know if I can play the newest games decent with this driver cause now atm I get always graphic glitches when trying to play a game for a while based on the unreal engine 3. Thx in advance.

I'm on Vista x64 so alas not for me, or I would be trying them

Seems like this driver has the overclock option disable :-(

At least with ATITool 0.27 is impossible to overclock

Wich driver is the best (your opinion) for Vista 32 with my Dell E1705 Go 7900 Gs and overclock?

I tried one hundred drivers but no happy so far.

Thanks.

I have noticed with the 169.09 driver and playing call of duty 4 multiplayer that my computer will randomly turn off on me without warning or anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I assume that the driver isn't right for my machine and my graphics card over heats a little and shuts my computer off.

I'm on Vista x64 so alas not for me, or I would be trying them

Am currently on 169.09, but no time to play games :)

I didn't understand what the diffrence between these drivers (169.09 - 167.45), and if there's no diffrence why they made same drivers with diffrent name ?

My understanding is that Nvidia have released 169.09 as beta drivers for desktop owners. What laptovideo2go.com does is take those drivers and add a modded Inf file so us laptop owners can use the drivers. Dell have released 167.45 as an OFFICIAL release for their laptops. No need to use the modded Inf here as you just download the driver. Talking of which, I have done so. Installation was easy. On to the good news. Tested on Vista 32bit Home Premium, intel 2 core duo 2gh, 2MB 667FSB Ram, 9700gs. I had a score of 3482 marks on 3dMark 06 which is pretty good. Crysis and Call of Duty 4 seem to run smoother. So if you have a Dell laptop, what the hell are you waiting for....

DELL have released 167.45 as an OFFICIAL release for their laptops.
... but as always only for a selected range of GPUs namely 7 plus they are additionally subsys'd for DELL, which all makes it impossible to even install this driver without the modded INF on any or most given DELL laptops.

I have toshiba x200 -18h and as I said before I'm using 169.09, I checked now in toshiba website and I found that there is a new driver (from the 13.11.07) for download.

the driver name is: 7.15.11.5664

link to download: http://il.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi....jsp?service=IL

I own a Dell XPS 1730 and tried these drivers, and I only get alot of problems.

When I first tried to install them, on my previous installation of Vista, they would install fine. When I tried to enable SLI mode, it said it had to stop some programs from running. Then explorer said it had stopped responding, my screen flickers and all I have is a black screen with a cursor blinking in the top left hand. Nothing happens, so I have to reboot.

When I get back into Vista, I get a rundll32 error, and the drivers are not loaded at all. So I'm rebooting, and then it hangs during bootup, and I have to system restore back to a restorepoint. I try this a couple of different ways, but always the same result, not working in SLI.

So I formatted, thought maybe all the Dell crap that came pre-installed on my machine might be doing something funky. Clean install of Vista, I run windows update and get all the important updates.

Then I install these drivers. Installation goes fine, but problem starts when I want to enable SLI (again!). This time I don't get a black screen with a blinking cursor, I just get an error that the control panel has crashed. I wait a while, nothing more happens, so I reboot. Now it's hanging again, with a totally black screen, not even entering Vista.

I just booted my computer again, it was able to enter safe mode. Rebooted after that, black screen and not entering Vista... Not sure what I should do, probably downgrade? At least, I'm done for today.

... but as always only for a selected range of GPUs namely 7 plus they are additionally subsys'd for DELL, which all makes it impossible to even install this driver without the modded INF on any or most given DELL laptops.

Interesting. I never knew that. I assumed it was for all their laptops. Seeing as I have a 9700gs, I didn't think any different. Now a question if you don't mind laptoptovideo2go guru. Where the hell do you get these drivers from? I check Dell's website for downloads only to see their latest driver is dated January 2007. I go to device manager, 9700gs, and ask Vista to check for updated software. Needless to say it always says I have the most up to date drivers for my card. Dell as you say have obviously released this driver for the 7 series of cards. So where the hell did this driver come from? By the way, fantastic site. You guys are the business for us lappy owners....

right now im using 169.09 for my dell vostro 1500 with 8600m gt

should i get these? or is there no point?

FOR ALL DELL M1710 GeForce GO 7950 GTX users !

I just looked up this file on FTP and looks like it's BRAND NEW AND from file name looks like it's for our card !!

ftp://ftp1.us.dell.com/video/nVidia_GeFor...P02_R172672.exe

Plese post Replys

These are the best drivers I used so far, my 3DMark06 scores are as follows for my Dell XPS1710 with 7950GTX, 2GB Ram, Vista 32bit. No overclocking involved, although I've lost the performance menu from my control panal now, sill it's a small price to pay for solid and stable drivers. Cover flow in itunes works very smoothly also.

5249 169.01

5224 156.69

5224 156.65

5270 167.45

Great drivers, with no graphical glitches or (so far) blue screen crashes (I will let you know if anything happens later)

Cheers,

Paul

Guest Firestarter
I own a Dell XPS 1730 and tried these drivers, and I only get alot of problems.

When I first tried to install them, on my previous installation of Vista, they would install fine. When I tried to enable SLI mode, it said it had to stop some programs from running. Then explorer said it had stopped responding, my screen flickers and all I have is a black screen with a cursor blinking in the top left hand. Nothing happens, so I have to reboot.

When I get back into Vista, I get a rundll32 error, and the drivers are not loaded at all. So I'm rebooting, and then it hangs during bootup, and I have to system restore back to a restorepoint. I try this a couple of different ways, but always the same result, not working in SLI.

So I formatted, thought maybe all the Dell crap that came pre-installed on my machine might be doing something funky. Clean install of Vista, I run windows update and get all the important updates.

Then I install these drivers. Installation goes fine, but problem starts when I want to enable SLI (again!). This time I don't get a black screen with a blinking cursor, I just get an error that the control panel has crashed. I wait a while, nothing more happens, so I reboot. Now it's hanging again, with a totally black screen, not even entering Vista.

I just booted my computer again, it was able to enter safe mode. Rebooted after that, black screen and not entering Vista... Not sure what I should do, probably downgrade? At least, I'm done for today.

I have exactly the same issues, but it's not only with this driver, it's also with the 169.09, 169.04 and the original driver that came with the 1730 (with the original I can boot into vista but get errors all the time).

I don't even know where I can start to solve this problem, really annoying...

I have exactly the same issues, but it's not only with this driver, it's also with the 169.09, 169.04 and the original driver that came with the 1730 (with the original I can boot into vista but get errors all the time).

I don't even know where I can start to solve this problem, really annoying...

I don't have any issues with these. I'll have the INF for this one prepared by a day or two for distribution for HP/Compaq users.

Guest Maximus

Just to make sure, im trying to get a stable Driver for my buddies E1705 Dell with X86 Vista and a 7900GS Go, do i still need to download the modded INF file or can i run the setup without modifying the INF files since the 7900 GS GO is already in there..I looked through the thread and i noticed that people said to use the modded INF and or just run the Setup without modifying the INF..Thanks in Advance

Just to make sure, im trying to get a stable Driver for my buddies E1705 Dell with X86 Vista and a 7900GS Go, do i still need to download the modded INF file or can i run the setup without modifying the INF files since the 7900 GS GO is already in there..I looked through the thread and i noticed that people said to use the modded INF and or just run the Setup without modifying the INF..Thanks in Advance

I have exactly the same machine as your buddy. As the 7900GS is already listed, you don't need to bother with the modded INF. Just download the driver and run the Setup. Your buddy won't be disappointed as these are excellent drivers. Fast and stable.....