LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v171.16 VISTA 32bit |

mobilenvidia

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• Anchel

• zipper

• ffantasy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've currently put these under heavy testing for my HP/Compaq/VoodooPC INF and so far these are VERY stable BETAs if not Release Candidate or RTM level drivers.

These driver work pretty well. There is a bug in the "color vibrance setting" in the control panel. Games are still lagging some aother drivers do.

Using 8600M GT

Scrolling in websites is very laggy compared to 167 Asus Drivers.

Aero has about half the framerate than before but is very consistent.

These drivers are only better if you want to play Crisis with a higher framerate, otherwise they suck.

Guest Ed Oscuro

I've got an Asus G2S-B2 (has an 8600M GT) and was using the V7.15.11.0134 drivers from their site on a fresh install of Vista 32-bit, pretty nicely pared down from factory settings.

Installed these drivers, and I don't really see any movement one way or another in performance for Dark Messiah (Source engine game) or after re-running the Windows Experience Index (lol), but I'm glad to have some new drivers all the same.

Didn't use the installation trimmer, but I got rid of the old nVidia installation using the recommended uninstall + Safe Mode + Driver Cleaner Pro (got rid of two files and three registry entries).

I always prefer final drivers, but in this case whitetigerx7's word and my wish to get the newest after being stuck with drivers from July overrode that.

I think maybe the 8600 is at the outer limit of its performance, unless you wanted to overclock (and I don't). I think I'll be looking into upgrading this laptop's video card ASAP, but I'm pretty pleased all the same. Will be coming back here for drivers in the future, thanks!

The 8x00 series is getting near tapped out but they still have a ways to go, and I did notice a new setting in the driver controls:

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames (allows you to allocate a set number of frames to the frame buffer from 0-8 with 3 as the default)

I normally only saw this setting using RivaTuner (XP) and nHancer or NvTray. It's a good setting to mess with if you want to try and speed up rendering time or create smoother frame transitions. Be warned as it does take up video memory.

Worked well saw about 1 or 2 more fps in Cod4 (med to low settings 1400x900 res) but aero would not work anymore so i went back to 169.28. Also my 3Dmarko6 went from 3707 to 3727.

Specs

Dell 1705

CPU: Intel T7200

GPU: Nvidia 7900 GS

Ram: 2.0 Gig

tihis driver really good i got 4663 3dmark06 score with toshiba x200 T7700 8700M GT 2gb ram

?? I have a C2D T7500 and a 8600m GT and I got better than that at default clocks (around 4700)... with a slight overclock (+20MHz +30mems) I got over 5000 points :) Your score should be at least 4900 or something like that :)

Driver seems to be working well so far, same 3d mark as 169.28, no problems with ut3 or pes 2008

?? I have a C2D T7500 and a 8600m GT and I got better than that at default clocks (around 4700)... with a slight overclock (+20MHz +30mems) I got over 5000 points :) Your score should be at least 4900 or something like that :)

my card doesn't have any oc, i always got score around 4600, but i think this is normal your score is abnormal , you can control the original scores of cards from http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphi...List.844.0.html 8700m gt 4700 normal score you cannot get 4700 with stock 8600m gt

Worked well saw about 1 or 2 more fps in Cod4 (med to low settings 1400x900 res) but aero would not work anymore so i went back to 169.28. Also my 3Dmarko6 went from 3707 to 3727.

Specs

Dell 1705

CPU: Intel T7200

GPU: Nvidia 7900 GS

Ram: 2.0 Gig

You might need to re-run the Windows Experience Evaluation Utility again to re-enable AeroGlass. AeroGlass works just fine with these drivers. You're card is far more powerful than my 6150 and even I can run AeroGlass with my 6150 with a 3.0 score.

If you can't use Aero, you must have done something bad to your system to kill AeroGlass entirely. AeroGlass should automatically enable itself after installation.

As far as Overclocking... download and install the latest nTune 6.0-BETA from Nvidia to enable the overclocking controls. RivaTuner is starting to show it's age and lack of abilities anymore and even I don't recommend it to my HP/Compaq/VoodooPC users anymore.

Tried - no problems so far. CP works, as does NTune also. Overclocks, with RivaTuner, too.

should i try these? i'm running 167.45 atm, and they work great but i like to improve fps in crysis

toshib x200-208:

T7300

2 gb ram

8700gt

driver 169.19

no oc

3dmark 06 : 5042!!! :)

your x200 didn't work very well.... :) !

i cannot understand ta how it can be !!! why doesn't it work as yours? but on the official website 8700m gt score is 4600 , do you have any idea about it?

Update: The display sometimes gets temporarily frozen (around 0.5s) when using firefox sometimes. Also the driver failed and had to restart whilst installing paint.net whilst browsing on firefox. Might just be a problem when using firefox

Holy crap! Going from 169.28 to this driver gave me a score of 456 from an original of 1515. Unbelievable.

Just started going to this site when the 169.28 drivers came out haven't ever posted anything till now.

but anyway, I highly recommend these drivers to anyone. All they did for me was improve, improve and you guessed it improve on everything you can imagine.

oh and

Asus g2s

2gb ram

8600gt

download these now you wont regret it!

(I would post the 3d mark scores but I'm lazy and playing WoW >.>)

I couldn't be more pleased! These scores are exceptional and my DX10 performance has never been better.

Kudos to Nvidia!

3dmarks_0108.png

index_0108.png