LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking the the 8700M Gt

mdl-GT

:) Hey guy I have the TOSHIBA X205 S7483 with the 8700M GT Card and but im using the 1.6928v. 8600 GT driver, the thing is im trying to overclock the card I just dont know how! right know it runs with the score of

3DMark Score 5042 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 2237 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 2102 Marks

CPU Score 1441 Marks

Is there any way I can make it better? or is that the MAX. I already tried the RivaTuner206 but I just dont get it! duuu :)

Seems like you may be new to this, so if your not pls don't feel offended at the reply. Download coolbits.reg. double-clicking it will add the registry entry to your registry. Download the appropriate driver for your video adapter with ntune. use the ntune utility to clock your adapter. It should provide you with optimized settings as an option. That should give you a hint at how to clock it. i.e. add 10% to GPU speed and add 10% to memory speed. :)

Hi, oc is not a problem on this card.

Watch this post : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....c=16842&hl=

I've a bit explained on how to oc the card and some frequencies you can use.

I'm now using the 171 drivers, really good, i've got a short increase in perf 5270 -> 5308 under 3dmark06.

Got this increase in oc too, yesterday i've tried a 756(core)/1000(memory)Mhz frequencies and got 6393 under 3dmark06 but couldn't go higher as far as core is concerned.

I'm using riva tuner 2.06 and no ntune, but i already did that with ntune, it's working as well.

Let us Know about what you get to do.

Cojy

Edited by cojy

hey guys I thax you for your help! I games runnig iven better, like Bioshock before I had to adjust the video settings from mid - low, and now all max'd out with no probles

and my new scor of 6070 3DMarks with the 17116 driver! thanks much! :) :)

hey guys I thax you for your help! I games runnig iven better, like Bioshock before I had to adjust the video settings from mid - low, and now all max'd out with no probles

and my new scor of 6070 3DMarks with the 17116 driver! thanks much! :) :)

What frequencies did you use to get that 3dmark score ?

Cojy

What frequencies did you use to get that 3dmark score ?

Cojy

i used the same one you used ......756 / 1000

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same X205 S7483 and am currently using the 167.45 drivers with it. Would you recommend the change to the 17116 drivers? Have you noticed any graphical issues with the 17116 over 16745?

Thanks

MG

Assuming that I'am under XP most of the time, i'll only talk for xp users. My perf have increased with the new drivers, I think from the 167 version you ca gain up to 12% of gain 4800->5300 under 3dmark06. I've noticed a small issue, when playing games, if someone connects on msn, i see the popwindow on the top left hand corner. That's the only pb so far. I've also updated the bios to 2.20 and got a small increase of perf (around 1-2%).

Under Vista I'm using the 173.65 but didn't test them a lot. So far, they are acting very good, the main problem is...Vista which decided to decrease my perf by 30% yesterday for both cpu and gpu and I don't know why. It's just as if i changed the power profile... thanks vista ! but drivers are acting well.

I'm going back under XP right now

Cojy

Hi all,

I tested to unlink the clocks of the card in rivatuner and it went well !

Assuming that we can't go higher than 756Mhz as far as the core clock is concerned, I tried to increase the shader clock to see what would happen.

So using these frequencies : 756/1552 - 1025Mhz (core, shader and memory clock), my 3Dmark06 score is 6400. I'm disapointed since I've lost a bit more than 100pts as far as proc is concerned 1795->1680 :)

Details are the following SM2.0 : 2905, SM3.0 : 2732

Then I tried 756/1705 - 1025 and my score went up to 6631 : SM2.0 : 3056, SM3.0 : 2850

There is a good potential of oc this way since the temperature did not go higher than 65°C.

Cojy

Edited by cojy

• 1 month later...
Guest Scott

Hey all, just thought i'd add some info. I've been running the X205-S7483 with the T5450 in it (blah). I've tested out a few overclocks on the video card (8700 GT 256 mb) and found that I got the best stable setting at 760 /1700 /960. No artifacts and it hasnt run any hotter than 56* while running 3dmark. i have 5400 rpm hard drives and that damn 1.66 ghz processor, but I got a 3d mark of 5861 and a pcmark of 4544. stock the pcmark was 4401 and the 3dmark was 4785. 2 gig of ram as well. running driver 7.15.11.7420 and with updated BIOS. hope this helps someone!