LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.31 XP 32bit | DELL, LENOVO

mobilenvidia

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Edited by ®®®
added changelog

Guest Guest

hi!

I got a Gateway laptop with 8800M GTS...8800M GTS is in the support list of the original INF, so why won't it let me update it? (it cant find compatible hardware)

Have installed on my XP pro 32, XPS m1730

Ran 3dmark06 and got 8263 (No OC)

Looks good so far

i don't find the modded .inf for the acer in the zip ... i have only nv4dispd.inf , nvdm.inf, nvlt.inf and i should find the nvac.inf but i don't see it

Guest Cuneyt

Hi,

I am downloading the driver now.

I already downloaded the Modded INF.So files are up.

My questions are:

1- Is this a suitable driver for me Dell XPS M1530 Laptop with 8600 GT

2- I use PC Pitstop site to test my system, 1.69.61 is the one i downloaded from here but it still do not solve the poor performace.It still shows around 49.64 Megapixels per second.ANd site reports this is very poor performance

ANy suggestions?

yeah i thought that, yeah they work for xp 32.

dont know about the acer sorry

it seems that the .inf for the asus and the acer are not in the package ...

could you send me the .inf for the acer because i think i really need it because i need to use a program called "isadora" and it doesn't work with any driver i found here but when i use no video driver it work .... :)

everytime i have the same error : memory cannot be "writen" . the adress change when i use different driver

i have a acer 5920G with a 8600m gt

also i have a toshiba x200 with a 8700m gt and with this one i have absolutly no problem with isadora and any of the video driver i can find here ....

so that's why i think i really need the modded .inf for the acer ...

Edited by haarlinsh

Guest Cuneyt

Hi Guys,

I installed the driver with modded file.

3Dmark06 performance on Dell M1530 8600M GT is around 4.738.

I guess it is very poor performance.

I have XP SP2 installed and could not increase this performance at all.

What should i check?

Maybe it is not the video driver?

Pls help

Guest smooth

hi

please can anyone take pity on me

two questions

I got a Dell 1720 with a 8600M GT

my first question, the original inf supports the 8600M GT, must I still change the orig. inf against the modded inf ?

my second, I heard that the 174.31 is direct supported by microsoft. Is there a multilingual version to find in the www ?

Guest german with worse english

hi,

I'm german and I don't understand what is wrote there

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?en...p;select=174.31

I mean this chater

These drivers support 4 OEM Notebook INFs.

With the compression 3 of these are kept in a zip file called original_inf(s).zip

In here grab the INF you need:

nvac.inf = Acer

nvam.inf= ASUS

nvdm.inf = Dell

nvlt.inf = Lenovo

Remove any other INFs with different names.

Now you should be able to install the driver (if you GPU is in the PCI_ID Subsys list)

where is the original_inf.zip ? in the driver I'm download here, or is here anywhere a download link for the original_inf

then I delete any inf only the nvdm.inf (I got a Dell) not ?

can you explain it so that I understand what I have to do and am I'm right - I don't need the modded inf as my GF8600M GT is listed in the orig inf

thanx

Great driver.

old driver : 8175

these : 8274

considering the driver got me 100 more points + MUCH SMOOTHER THAN THE OTHER ONE I WAS USING. great job! thanks

My first time been here ;my current driver version is 101.XX. by acidt I found this place :)

It seems that this driver fit for my Video Card (8600MGS) ,and I looked out the code 10DE-0425 .

I hope this time I can install the driver successful.I will have a try tonight.

Edited by MerlinHuang

it seems there is nothing about powermizer in register

so powermizer didn't work

what should i do if i want powermizer work again

my computer is dell d820 with nviida nvs120m

hi,i am noob to this things and i would like some help.i have a laptop dell inspiron 8100 with Geforce2 Go graphic card and i would like to know how i can make new drivers compatible with my card,any link for a moded inf or the comand i put to inf files would be great.

thank u

Guest Toobig

I have the 1720 as well, really you should be looking at the Vista 32bit drivers, (XP will just not install on the 1720, other driver issues)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=17737

The drivers support the 8600M GT and I have to say are very stable and fast.

Have tried a lot of drivers for this laptop and have always had too many problems to list.

But these are great. Overclocked to quite a high level Core: 575, Shader: 1150, Memory: 475 and it is still very stable and the improvements in the games is fantastic.

So yes get these drivers for that laptop, they are the best yet.

hi

please can anyone take pity on me

two questions

I got a Dell 1720 with a 8600M GT

my first question, the original inf supports the 8600M GT, must I still change the orig. inf against the modded inf ?

my second, I heard that the 174.31 is direct supported by microsoft. Is there a multilingual version to find in the www ?

3DMark06 @ 8600M GT default

171.23 - 3426

174.12 - 3424

174.16 - 3428

174.31 - 3371 (reruned test two time to make sure)

Edited by Dirton

This driver from breaks my lcd brightness control on my thinkpad T61p. I tried the Microsoft Update, and everything went back to normal. Weird!

So when I installed these, they set my screen resolution to 640x480 @ 4 bit color, and no matter what I tried to do to change it to my native resolution and color depth, it wouldn't take. I ended up having to reinstall the drivers that came with my laptop. What's the deal?

I have installed this Driver (174.31) with the modified INF.and it works well,but the temperature is a little high.I have not time to test the performence because I have to work so late ,and I must attend the WoW Raid Activety after got home ;but one thing is certain : the new driver works stably.