LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.40 XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.40 for Windows XP/2K 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows XP/2K 32bit

Driver Version: 174.40

Driver Date: 2008-02-28 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 37.15 MB

Driver Released by: NVIDIA

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_0612] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX
[DEV_0622] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

• n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

Edited by ®®®

some problems with nvcpl.dll. control panel is not working

Me too. Everything seems fine but no control panel and start-up errors with NVCPL.dll as you stated.

Now the question is whether this is because of the driver or the INF...

no Kidding, i get a significant performance boost in crysis at high settings, but the Resolution 1440x960 keeps crashing the System, very strange.

crysis_bench_small.png

Edited by randfee

Guest mErLiN

your crysis performance realy INcreased with thisone ? now thats cool -

please - wich version did you use b4 ? 169.09-2go ? -i´m actualy using thisone with xp-sp2 onmy m1330 (8400mgs) ... this "c.panel is not working"-stuff scares me somehow, but i will give it a try :)

- i cant help myself i must mention this bovore i try this next new driver : this hole nvidia-driver-thing sucks somuch :P unbeleveable - what do they think ?... if someone wants to use "our" gpu´s, they have to write a driver for their needs themselfes or test about 20 diferent ones... ??? i´m sorry but i´m getting crazy with this nearly everyday looking for a graficsDriver wich will work realy good (getting everything out of the gpu that is possible -like the omega-drivers for most newer ati-chipsets i used to use .. :P

-but fortunately You are there :) -more people who are also stuck with nvidia-gpu´s ... cu

Guest mErLiN

hello again:)

not realy much news here cause of the weekend ithink :) , BUT after this nice little pic from randfee he addet to his last post yesterday, i too want to update my crysis to v1.2 :o) I already patched it to 1.1 and i also downloadet the new 1.2update, but also heard about problems with this new patch like -its only working after a complete re-installation of crysis and idont like that somuch;)

...so if anyone got a clue how to avoid that problem it would be realy cool !

Guest j0rdan

Same problems as the other guys, BUT I do see small performance boosts in World in Conflict, minumin improvement is about 1.5%, average improvemtn is 3% and a high of 30% improvments.

Although the control panel is not available all my settings seem to be the same as before including SLi

Im running on a Alienware m9700 with SLi 7900GS 512MB.

The file NVCPL.dll is found missing and this .dll file seems to affect Nvidia's Control Panel, which fails to boot. Everything else works fine, although my 3DMark06 score has dropped from 2650 to 2550 (a full 100 points) going from 174.16 to 174.40. My TF2 game runs just as well now as it did last time. No framerate difference really.