LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.70 XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Edited by ®®®

No not by the looks of the list above supported GPU's :)

I ran it, and it gave me a lower score in 3DMark06. Seems stable, everything works but OC doesn't work well. Here is the link to my benchmarks against other drivers.

Have a look in the original_inf.zip and grab the nvdm.inf

Now install driver or grab the modded one (which I assume you may not have)

Ok, i've downloaded this driver and have installed, so far all ok.

The nv4_disp.inf does not support my 7950 GTX, so i extracted the infs from the zip file and i have those 4 infs which support my 7950 GTX:

nvar.inf

nvcv.inf

nvdm.inf

nvga.inf

I have replaced the nvdm.inf with the nv4_disp.inf. What are the differences between that 4 inf's. I took the nvdm.inf because that inf is the biggest from them.

Can somebody explain me the difference? Thank you so far.

Very nice set of drivers. runs well and gives a little performance boost to my card.

Original INF only supports:...............

Is it a joke? Because I didn't find what it doesn't support. :)

need to reword it: Original driver is legendary as it includes 55 OEM iNFs and supports almost all known GPUs out of the box.

Fast driver, but powermizer don't works on my 7950gtx.

The driver works just fine including powermizer on my 7950GTX M1710 Dell laptop. I downloaded the latest drivers on Dell site which are 174.31 drivers amazingly enough and they are total garbage. The temp on my idle went up from 40ish to 51 and my load it shot up to almost 90 degrees. I put this driver on to test and my temp dropped to 40 degrees idle and 71-74 load which is normal. Scored 9400 3dmark05 standard settings all tests run and 6700 marks at 1920X1200 resolution everything else standard all tests run. So with all that done I have to say these drivers work just fine with higher benches than usual and have not experience any crashes of any kind or graphic anomalies. Thanks for the driver.

Moldavia

I´m lost....description says it support maybe all of the "Go 7300",,,but when I uncompressed the *.exe file, look deep into nv4_disp.inf (original, not modified) I founded no reference to Go 7300 :) :)

What I´m doing wrong?

BTW, I downloaded the modified inf and this evening will try it on my Inspiron 6400 GeForce Go 7300....Hope it works!

Thank you anyway!

Probably buried into the OEM infs and called when needed? I counted about 70 go 7300 ID/subsys lines.

Arquillos, the original OEM INFs are buried in the original_OEM_INF(s).zip file

Unzip and do a search for your SUBSYS_ID. If it is not present in those INFs just use a generic DEV_ID install.

I've downloaded and installed this in a GeForce 7000M, the only thing I can say that its weird is that I can't acces the nVidia control panel, any ideas?

great driver, very stable, works like a charm on 8600mGT (macbook pro) and 8800GT (desktop). All of the 174.xx series seem equally fast, but there was definitely some work done on stability. 174.40 was horrible, this one is great. I never tried 174.60 sind .70 came 24h later :)

Since I mostly play Crysis, I have some Crysis benches... got me some 800MHz RAM which boostet performance even a bit more...

crysis_bench.png

Edited by randfee

Thank you everyone for your answers....

I tried it with the modded inf and, as always, I get a 4 colors 640x480 screen and no hope in changing the resolution.... :)

I´ll stick with my "Xtreme-G_Mobile_163.67_XP_32bit"

BTW I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Geforce Go 7300

Guest fmjrey

Thanks!

Works perfectly on my Asus U6S with XP.

Default inf did not have correct PID for my asus U6S.

Searched for proper inf in original_inf(s).zip and replaced the default one.

(copied nvam.inf from original_inf(s).zip over nv4_disp.inf, replacing it completely).

Hi,

Can someone please explain in brief what the difference is between the inf file in the zip, and the inf file in the original zip file?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by rudrood

inf in zip file = enables the driver to install on selected gpu.

modded inf = allows the driver to install regardless of gpu.

*gpu = gfx card

Guest Dricks

It would be great to do some SLI performance comparison.

As multigpu 9800GX2 is out and SLI more and more used, they will (i hope) probably improve performances for these solutions.

PS:

Your benchs are very nice randfee :)

Another silly question....The file original_inf(s).zip what is used for? I thought the only file needed was the "nv4dispd.inf"...