LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800M GTS installation fix

®®®

To all you Gateway P-6831FX owners with a 8800M GTS (and all other 8800M GTS users as well):

There is a typo in the INF which only affects this particular GPU (DEV_ID 609). Everything else is fine.

You can fix it on your own by searching for:

mobile,nv4

and replace the comma with an underscore so it looks like this

mobile_nv4

We will fix this soon.

Thanks to upaboveit for his detective work finding this one character typo within ~130KB INF code ( :) ) and Dox for keeping us informed.

While I appreciate the problem has been found, I have tried to manually fix the .inf without success. I tried on the recent 175.70 driver and modded inf. The inf you can download does not contain either mobile,nv4 or mobile_nv4.

At least the modded INF for 175.70 Vista x86 and XP x86 has this error. Scroll down to line 422.

I haven#t checked the x64 INFs for this driver. Other INFs for other drivers might also be affected. It is an easy fix, but currently there's a different problem to solve.

Guest Elsid

guys that does not exist like you said, dev 609 is this

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0609.1% = mobile,nv_NV3x,

so change the comma after mobile to a underscore

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0609.1% = mobile_nv_NV3x,

search for this in the inf DEV_0609 and ull see the comma replace it with the underscore i am going to try it now see if its successfull keep you guys updated

Guest Elsid
guys that does not exist like you said, dev 609 is this

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0609.1% = mobile,nv_NV3x,

so change the comma after mobile to a underscore

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0609.1% = mobile_nv_NV3x,

search for this in the inf DEV_0609 and ull see the comma replace it with the underscore i am going to try it now see if its successfull keep you guys updated

I FORGOT TO MENTION THE ABOVE IS FOR THE VISTA X64 DRIVERS BUT IM SURE FOR ALL DRIVERS IN THE INF LOOK AT DEV 609 AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND IT

• 2 weeks later...