LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Very Important Info for M1730 owners

Kondor999

The Performance Driver is available from Dell (currently 174.31) via the following steps.

1. Go to this page (download drivers page for the m1730):

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

2. Then click on "GeForce 8800M GTX SLI" BUT NOT "Download Now". "Download Now" will simply get you the same old drivers you had.

3. You will then be taken to a page where, if you scroll down a bit, you will see:

Dell Rapid Driver Release

Performance Driver

The Performance Driver is a driver from the video card manufacturer that has been through a limited compatibility and stability testing by Dell on Dell platforms.

There may be more stable drivers, including the drivers originally shipped with your computer, available through the ?Download Now? link on this page.

Download latest Dell Performance Driver (limited Dell Testing. Vendor version 174.31)

4. Click on "Download" and you've got 174.31. Apparently nVidia's claims of intending to roll out laptop releases more quickly wasn't hot air. And Yes, the drivers work better in a variety of games: Crysis and World in Conflict especially.

Enjoy...

Guest Guest

these drivers cause crashes in several games like COD4 GOW and crysis.. but overall my 3dmark score with them was not bad.. 10317 if im not wrong.. i have a 1730 2.4ghz 2gb ram 8800gtxsli

• 2 weeks later...

Same here i would say those are nice but i had problems with Age of Conan.

quick summary: 8800SLI + Vista and every couple of minutes i got driver resset causing hang for ~5-15 seconds - quite annoying. Disabling SLi didnt changed nothing.

As they are last with working DVI i might give them a chance (for sure the inf file from them).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nofearangel

Ok this is really confusing

is the forceware 175.95 for vista better than this driver? I really am lost in which is the best drivers for 8700M sli

PLEASE HELP!!!

Anybody know of good drivers for this laptop?? Guys don't use the driver CD provided with the laptop it is horribly outdated.Bought mine 2 months ago and the drivers are a year old.

My rig Dell XPS M1730

2.5Ghz 6mb cache

4Gb Ram

2x200Gb 7200rpm HDD raid 0

2xGeforce 8700M

Phyx chipset

Vista Ultimate

Ok this is really confusing

is the forceware 175.95 for vista better than this driver? ok these drivers don't work for Dell.hence made for clevo :) was able to use drivers but lost nvidia control panel. I really am lost in which is the best drivers for 8700M sli

PLEASE HELP!!!

Anybody know of good drivers for this laptop?? Guys don't use the driver CD provided with the laptop it is horribly outdated.Bought mine 2 months ago and the drivers are a year old.

My rig Dell XPS M1730

2.5Ghz 6mb cache

4Gb Ram

2x200Gb 7200rpm HDD raid 0

2xGeforce 8700M

Phyx chipset

Vista Ultimate

Anybody here has any experience developing CUDA applications on a Dell XPS M1730 laptop? I have recently bought this machine to develop CUDA applications and I am wondering which driver version i should use. For Cuda 1.1, 169.21 is sufficient. However for Cuda 2.0 beta, it requires 174.55 or higher is required. Can anyone tell me whether the recommended driver (174.31) works with CUDA 1.1 or should I just get a driver with modded INF that works with Cuda 2.0 beta? Thanks alot.

This driver didn't help me. SLI still not working in any of my games.

• 4 weeks later...
This driver didn't help me. SLI still not working in any of my games.

Maybe you can try the new Dell approved driver (v. 175.32) downloadable from Nvidia's website here

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_notebook_175.32_whql.html

• 2 weeks later...

I really cant find the link to these drivers

Am I missing it or are they gone from the dell servers?

I really cant find the link to these drivers

Am I missing it or are they gone from the dell servers?

They are not missing. You have to select Windows Vista as your operating system.