LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.39 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA - PhysX

®®®

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

NVIDIA driver v177.39 for Windows Vista 32bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 177.39
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
  • Driver Date: 2008-06-16 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 73.87MB (MD5: a3296c2ff103239e3ccd759ef3b6ae53)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: False
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 5 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 5 models:

[DEV_0612] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

[DEV_05E1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

[DEV_05E2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

[DEV_084C] NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI

[DEV_084D] NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Edited by ®®®

Installed fine. Works good (got some extra points in 3dmark06). Sadly Physx doesnt work for me.

Guest v.i.t.o.

I would ask dox if he tested it yet? or if your going to test it? we have the same system ^^ and i really would ask me if it works with the 8800m gtx g92 ^^

I'm going to reinstall Vista,this one of 177 drivers will be quite good for the new system.

Edited by Freesnake

I have Clevo D901C with 8800M GTX SLI (G92) and PhysX dont work

Guest Tazzmissionx

Here is something interesting, German site ComputerBase did a bench of the 3DMark Vantage CPU physics benchmark with an actual Ageia card and their score only improved from 22.9 to 30.7 operations per sec while mine using the drivers for the GTX280 increased my score from 15.28 to 127.85 if this is accurate in anyway than this PhysX implementation with Nvida absolute destroys an Ageia PhysX card.

I installed using inf from 177.35 ( becouse the isn't .39 inf. untill now for notebooks ) and i couldn't make it work with my xps 1730. If someone could hel pme with these.

It didn't work for me but before i was making 84** on 3dmark06 and now i did 8932 points with my XPS 1730 8700M SLI OC 734/874 cards. They made a good work on theses drivers anyway.

Shoud these drivers with psysx work on mobyle to???? Maybe it only works for Desktop cards !

hi all:

my first post here.

im not sure what section this goes in but since im using 177.39 vista32bit i guess it goes here.

i have an 8800gts 512 that is working fine and it runs 2 crt monitors in simulated horizontal spanning mode....(since nvidia hasnt got spanning working you cant run games in fullscreen instead i made a custom resolution 1600x600 and it shows up in my game video options so i select it and uncheck use fullscreen and it comes out ok.

EXCEPT its hard to play games in split screen especially FPS or racing games....well really any game :)

so i have an old TNT2 model 64 that i would like to add a 3rd monitor to so i can run games in triple head mode and my center monitor will have everything centered and not split.

anyhow im having a very hard time doing this....i know it might not have been done before (that is getting a tnt2 card working in vista) but if anyone knows how to do this i would greatly appreciate some help.

everyone in nvidia forums tells me to just buy another video card that is compatible with vista but im poor and i like to try and do things the hard way. :)

anyhow someone else in the nvidia forums said:

"Under Vista, it is required that you run multiple graphics cards off the same driver. kinda messed up but there you have it."

if i can get the tnt2 card working with the same driver that im currently using this shouldnt be a problem right?

Guest mikfr

hello,

physx is available only on 9800 series and newer for now. physx will be available on all cards that support cuda with new drivers but i don't know when they will release these drivers... here is a list of compatible cards :)

no its not only for 9800 works perfect on 8800GT but i dont know why dont work on 8800M GTX

Sadly Physx doesnt work for my GF8600M-GS ,keep waiting for new one

no its not only for 9800 works perfect on 8800GT but i dont know why dont work on 8800M GTX

8800GT = G92

8800MGTX = G92M

:)

Guest Guest
hello,

physx is available only on 9800 series and newer for now. physx will be available on all cards that support cuda with new drivers but i don't know when they will release these drivers... here is a list of compatible cards :)

hello..

is it the physx will support 8600GT in now or only in future?

Guest emike09

Sager NP5793 (Clevo M57RU) with 8800M GTX running 40.00.18 BIOS. Max score went from 10,051 to 10,198. Slight improvement. No PhysX support with the 177.35 drivers. :)

lv2g....please..."relase" your fantastic work !!!!!!

Am i missing something here??

I too am running a 9500m GS, but surely offloading PhysX to your GPU is only gonna kill your FPS even more, ive pretty much maxed out my card OC it, and can run Crysis around 20 -25 FPS. As soon as we pass all Physics calculations to the GPU leaving the Dual Core CPU idle, its gonna kill the GPU?

Anyone else agree with this?

Guest alloush
hello..

is it the physx will support 8600GT in now or only in future?

yes, physx will support 8600M GT and basically all the Geforce 8 series since they are all CUDA-enabled, so rejoyce^^ this driver version doesn't list the 8 series yet, so we'll just have to wait a few weeks until a new driver come out with your VGA card listed in it. SLI systems owners are pretty lucky, let's suppose you have 2 8600M GT's in SLI you can actually choose to select one of the GPU's to use the PhysX engine while the other do the rendering job...so it's actually pretty cool:) patience, my friend, patience!

maybe you are talking about 177.40 ? :)

I tried it (.40), not bad for newer stuff and some problems got fixed for me.