LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.39 Windows Vista 64bit | NVIDIA - PhysX

®®®

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

NVIDIA driver v177.39 for Windows Vista 64bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 177.39
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 64bit
  • Driver Date: 2008-06-16 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 80.67MB (MD5: d67d2c199f772491772734cf50902b49)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: False
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 5 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 5 models:

[DEV_0612] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

[DEV_05E1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

[DEV_05E2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

[DEV_084C] NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI

[DEV_084D] NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Works very well on my 9600GT with modded inf but i can't activate Physx Ageia in control panel...9600GT =G94

Guest Guest

To use Physx You must install this driver and the Ageia Physx driver minimum ver. 8.06.12. but if it on other GPU then the 9800+ and the GT200.....I hope it :)

8.06.12 drivers are installed, but i can't activate physix...i wait the next version of these drivers who will activate physx on geforce 8.9.10 !! excuse for my english because i'm french...

Ok then i think nVidia Enabled this feature (at this moment) only on the GT200 and G92b series. So we have to wait. And you English is ok i can understand you :)

Anyone, I have a crappy HP dv9000, anyone know how to add custom resolutions to Vista x64... crappy arse 59hz only refresh rate... half the s*** i play/work on cant run on anything UNDER 60hz...

Guest Mystery_Man

I'm still having trouble with these drivers, they keep saying "these are not for Vista". I'm on Vistax64, I've looked at the inf's that do intstall and I don't know what I'm missing. I'm not daft I've been dealing with PCs for over 10 years I know how to "force" an install but it still says not for vista, any ideas? Oh, Iv'e got the 8800M, or in the inf it's NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0609.1, Iv'e tried the changing the comma to an underscore, to still no avail. the only drivers on this website that worked were the crazy 40 inf packaged ones, and the 175.70, any others give the "Not for Vista" error. :) :)

As far as I can tell physX is enabled and working on my 8800GTS 512 (G92) with Vista64 and driver 177.35 (not .39) and the 8-6-12 physX framework.

Edited by taltamir

Guest iMac user
I'm still having trouble with these drivers, they keep saying "these are not for Vista". I'm on Vistax64, I've looked at the inf's that do intstall and I don't know what I'm missing. I'm not daft I've been dealing with PCs for over 10 years I know how to "force" an install but it still says not for vista, any ideas? Oh, Iv'e got the 8800M, or in the inf it's NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0609.1, Iv'e tried the changing the comma to an underscore, to still no avail. the only drivers on this website that worked were the crazy 40 inf packaged ones, and the 175.70, any others give the "Not for Vista" error. :) :)

I've got an iMac with 8800M GTS which is the 0609.1 and I would get the same error as you on any driver after 175.80. You should be able to install these drivers by forcing Vista 64 to install them as 8800M GTX. Both these chips use the same group of settings in the drivers and the same libraries thus you will not have any problems caused by doing so.

Guest Mystery_Man

Tried that still same error. "Windows found driver, but windows is dumb and will not install because windows does not think it's for vista"

Guest Mystery_Man

Ok, I downloaded the modded inf for the 177.35, copied a few of the lines in the inf to the 177.39 inf and it installed!! ok, now I've got the new PHYSX driver installed, but the tests are greyed out, how do I get them working on the 8800, I know it can be done. :)

So would this work on a 8800M GTX or not ?

Guest bennyb0y
I've got an iMac with 8800M GTS which is the 0609.1 and I would get the same error as you on any driver after 175.80. You should be able to install these drivers by forcing Vista 64 to install them as 8800M GTX. Both these chips use the same group of settings in the drivers and the same libraries thus you will not have any problems caused by doing so.

Hey that works on my P-6831FX with an 8800M GTS - good work iMac user!

Guest Guest

I just tried the 177.39 but I'm having really strange issues with my CPU (T7700) now. It seems to be using 1 only core since I installed the drivers - most noteable my 3dmark cpu score dropped from around 2100 to only 900!

Completely weird I know, I already uninstalled the Ageia PhysX stuff, but it didn't help. Tried some games (UT3 and CoD4) and they run as before or even a little faster, but I'm not sure if they even support multiple cores and thus this issue doesn't have any effect on them.

Anyone else experiencing the same`?

To all those failing to get physX working with 8800GTS 512 on this... try 177.35.

I have it working with 177.35 driver (from this forum) + 8.6.12 physX driver.

Guest Guest

the modded inf dont work for my on my 8800 gts. i have installed the driver and the device manager told me that it is the new one but i cannot select the physx. grey out :)

Guest bennyb0y

taltamir is that a desktop card or 8800M GTS mobile variety?

I'm guessing desktop because I can't get PhysX to work on any driver version.

Guest Scyphe

I've got the 177.35's installed together with the 8.06 physx drivers. GPU PhysX isn't enabled and there's no way to turn it on. I've got a Geforce 8800GT (G92) running Vista 64. Installed Cell Factor Revolution and can't turn on PhysX in the game. It just doesn't work. I guess the drivers are bound to hardware ID's (which would single out the 9800's from the 8800-brethrens). :/

Guest Guest

Scyphe, it should work. I've also got 8800GT and Vista 64. After installation 177.35 and 8.06.12 physx drivers it works well. Tested in UT3 and 3DMark Vantage.

Guest Scyphe

What does the first screen in the PhysX properties look like? Mine said "No PhysX hardware detected" or similar. When I tried enabling PhysX hardware in Cell Factor: Revolution, it was still not enabled after it restarted to activate.

If no hardware is present (or in this case, not supported) PhysX will be run in Software Mode instead of Hardware Mode. A few extra FPS' doesn't automatically mean it's working, that could be optimizations in the 177 drivers. :/

Guest Scyphe

What the..... it DOES work, in 3DMark Vantage.

Here's the comparison between the test I just did with the fastest vantage score to date (my system to the left, fastest on the right):

3DMark Score: P6172 3DMarks P23601 3DMarks

CPU Score: 29825 24044

GFX Score: 4881 23457

Jane Nash: 15.82 FPS 67.96 FPS

New Calico: 12.73 FPS 69.48 FPS

AI test (cpu): 985.71 Operations/s 2974.6 Operations/s

PhysX test: 118.41 Operations/s 40.72 Operations/s

My hardware:

Intel E8200 Wolfdale (dual core) @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB OCZ Reaper PC6400 DDR2 RAM, Asus 8800GT 512mb (single card)

Forceware 177.41 vista 64 + nvidia physx 8.06.12

Fastest vantage test ever:

QX9650@5460MHz@-100°C LN2 cooled by Otterauge

Mushkin DDR3@7-6-6-16@1820

XFX 790SLI motherboard

2XBFG 9800GX2@1000-1120 cooled by Otterauge

The other guy have a supercooled superclocked quadcore extreme 9650 and supercooled superclocked DUAL 9800GX2's AND an Ageia PhysX 100 PCI

Yet my modest system beat his system in the Physics test with a lot more than twice the score. When the test ran I was very surprised as I saw a whole swarm of planes crashing around, very different from earlier tests with normal drivers (2-3 slow motion planes bumping into stuff).