LaptopVideo2Go Forums

help vaio laptop! vgn-sz160p

koreancow

hey guys, i recently reformatted my laptop, and im starting to download all the drivers. all went well, but im trying to download the video driver. jmy video card is an nvidia go 7400, and i downloaded the driver from the sony site, but it says, "failure to update the driver". i tried downloading these drivers, but all it says is, "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will not exit" anyone know any ideas?

thanks!

i followed all of the steps on the faq, and it came up with "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"!! i dled the modded the inf and followed all the directions!!! what do i do?!?! its not working.

make sure you download the modded inf from the same thread as you download the driver.

177.92 should support your card

Are you using XP 32bit?

If yes, let's try this:

download and extract http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175series/17785.exe

there is original_inf(s).zip , extract it and take nvsz.inf (it's for Sony laptops) and replace the nv4_disp.inf in the 177.85 driver with nvsz.inf. Install, hope it works now - there are subsys identifiers for 6 different go 7400 cards.