LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GS drivers wont stick for nothing...HELP PLZ

Jigsaw1

OK so i've tried Driver Sweeper, Driver Cleaner Pro, and Driver Magician, nothing seems to keep these drivers for my display adapter intact whenever I restart my laptop. Ive tried numeruous forcewares, etc. And ive even let windows update go back to the original drivers 7.11.15.129 after reinstalling vista ultimate x86...soz I was wondering if anyone might could shed some let on the issue. I have managed to remove and fresh install only the original display drivers thus far after repeatedly using any of the driver removal software above. However; if any program fails from a nvlddmkm.sys error or flickering screen. I cant do anything but reboot and then the laptop basically goes into Vgasave, 4 bit color, 640x480 attempting to reinstall the device on login to Vista, corrupting the files for that boot. And I have to repeat the process all over again. I'm beginning to wonder if its failing hardware, which only just seems to work some of the time? Memtest x86 n all is good for several hours??? I'm just wondering what I can do to get these guys to "stick" so if I get an error and it blanks out on me, it dosent appear to DUMP everything if that makes any sense. Indicators that the drivers were correctly installed before rebooting regularly into windows include a white screen upon shutdown with 4 horizontal equal-spaced lines edge to edge. For some reason(and it never did that when it was working) but now this has kind of become my 'indicator' if you will that everything worked properly with the drivers after reinstalling. :)

UPDATE 1 :

Found this in the window problem reports and error stuff...

dunno if it helps but i thought id try

Description

Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError

Architecture: x86

Win32 error: 00000002

Inf name: oem12.inf

Driver Package hash: 3976de1e4db3f12ce291b370d0f7a2daf3796553

DDInstall section name: nv_NV3x

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

DMI4874.tmp.log.xml

oem2.inf

setupapi.dev.log

View a temporary copy of these files

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 332353187

Edited by Jigsaw1

OK so i've tried Driver Sweeper, Driver Cleaner Pro, and Driver Magician, nothing seems to keep these drivers for my display adapter intact whenever I restart my laptop. Ive tried numeruous forcewares, etc. And ive even let windows update go back to the original drivers 7.11.15.129 after reinstalling vista ultimate x86...soz I was wondering if anyone might could shed some let on the issue. I have managed to remove and fresh install only the original display drivers thus far after repeatedly using any of the driver removal software above. However; if any program fails from a nvlddmkm.sys error or flickering screen. I cant do anything but reboot and then the laptop basically goes into Vgasave, 4 bit color, 640x480 attempting to reinstall the device on login to Vista, corrupting the files for that boot. And I have to repeat the process all over again. I'm beginning to wonder if its failing hardware, which only just seems to work some of the time? Memtest x86 n all is good for several hours??? I'm just wondering what I can do to get these guys to "stick" so if I get an error and it blanks out on me, it dosent appear to DUMP everything if that makes any sense. Indicators that the drivers were correctly installed before rebooting regularly into windows include a white screen upon shutdown with 4 horizontal equal-spaced lines edge to edge. For some reason(and it never did that when it was working) but now this has kind of become my 'indicator' if you will that everything worked properly with the drivers after reinstalling. :)

UPDATE 1 :

Found this in the window problem reports and error stuff...

dunno if it helps but i thought id try

Description

Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError

Win32 error: 00000002

Inf name: oem12.inf

Driver Package hash: 3976de1e4db3f12ce291b370d0f7a2daf3796553

DDInstall section name: nv_NV3x

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

DMI4874.tmp.log.xml

oem2.inf

setupapi.dev.log

View a temporary copy of these files

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Bucket ID: 332353187

UPDATE 2: So here is the copy of the WINDOWS ERROR REPORTING grid:

Description

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 43.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_A1

Setup class GUID: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

PnP problem code: 0000002B

Driver name: nvlddmkm.sys

Driver version: 7.15.11.129

Driver date: 05-15-2007